Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketmaster for Foreigners: pick up at Will Call Centre
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 22, 2005 10:53

I have two tickets for Anaheim which I have to pick up at the Will call.
Does this work proberly. As I will try to get more shows to see and the money you spend is a lot I am wondering how save this is. I trust Ticketmaster, but I never did it before so I would appreciate any experience from others.
As for Calgary I was able to print out my tickets from the e-mail which also might be unsave.

Re: Ticketmaster for Foreigners: pick up at Will Call Centre
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: May 22, 2005 11:08

Control your bank because your money can be sent back after a while.
"all orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification"
It happened to me twice, the last time they refound the money after the show.
Happily, i could buy ticket at the box office the day of the show.
Until the day of the show, nothing is sure.
Sorry to scare you.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: May 22, 2005 13:03

Yah I was thinking about this "billing address credit card" verification also. I have bought 3 tickets for Boston 23rd as 3 separate deals. That is one ticket on one purchase, another one on a separate purchase and so on. That means that I have 3 different purchases with the same address and credit card.

There is kind of a contradiction here, or did I miss something. The terms are also indicating that you can buy maximum 4 tickets. So I have bought in total 3 tickets but on separate purchases. Which rule will apply, the one for maximum tickets, 4 pieces or the "one purchase per address / credit card".

I assume it would be the 4 ticket maximum limitation....or....

Jan Richards
www.stonesvikings.com

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 22, 2005 13:53

If you show them your credit card, you'll be fine

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: May 22, 2005 17:15

Will calls usually work fine. However, be sure to bring your email confirmation information of your order and be sure to have the credit card you used in your possession. If there is a problem they will more than likely accept your proof and get you in.

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: May 22, 2005 17:40

It´s no problem to pick up the tickets if they are billed correctly, but this whole will call crap is VERY ANNOYING!

What happens if you can´t go to the show?? You are in big trouble, as you have to pick up tickets in person on the day of the show (well, normally showing the cc and order number worked for us the last time) - but you´ll never give a stranger your credit card - and if you are from Europe you are just a 2nd class customer to be ripped of - they really have insane fees... Even if you have an address in the US (but your cc billing address is somewhere else), they will not send tickets...

Because of this I have to ask a friend in the US to let me use his ticketbastard account and credit card - just in case we won´t be able to see the show... A mess!!!!!

You can not return tickets, so you pay for them and won´t get refund- if you show up the day of the show or not..

I really wonder why they have this stupid policy... Are they afraid of chargebacks??? I emailed them about this and wait for their reply - which will take a few days... What a good service!!

Makes it very hard to plan a tour and it puts real pressure on you if you select will call...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-22 18:59 by Sir Oliver.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 22, 2005 18:42

lodge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have two tickets for Anaheim which I have to
> pick up at the Will call.
> Does this work proberly. As I will try to get more
> shows to see and the money you spend is a lot I am
> wondering how save this is. I trust Ticketmaster,
> but I never did it before so I would appreciate
> any experience from others.
> As for Calgary I was able to print out my tickets
> from the e-mail which also might be unsave.

perfectly safe.

I had will-call tickets for the Anaheim show in 2002 and it was no problem at all

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 23, 2005 01:49

This will get flipped over when the Europe and Asia dates go on sale.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 23, 2005 02:37

perfectly safe.

I had will-call tickets for the Anaheim show in 2002 and it was no problem at all

These are the words of Gazza and my experience are the same (also at Anaheim stadium 2002)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-23 02:38 by Christiaan.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2005 15:07

I use it a lot. Perfectly safe. And amazing. You give them your credit cards and out pops your tickets! Still I bring a print-out of the confirmation just in case they mess up. But they never do.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 23, 2005 15:18

Sir Oliver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It´s no problem to pick up the tickets if they are
> billed correctly, but this whole will call crap is
> VERY ANNOYING!
>
> What happens if you can´t go to the show?? You are
> in big trouble, as you have to pick up tickets in
> person on the day of the show (well, normally
> showing the cc and order number worked for us the
> last time) - but you´ll never give a stranger your
> credit card - and if you are from Europe you are
> just a 2nd class customer to be ripped of - they
> really have insane fees... Even if you have an
> address in the US (but your cc billing address is
> somewhere else), they will not send tickets...

I had this problem in 1999 for Hartford and almost had it for LA in 2002. On both occasions, I almost didnt go but in the case of the Hartford show, I had spent over $400 on 4 tickets and was pretty much obliged to as TM ;

a) firstly wouldnt send the tickets to me when I bought them over the phone because of the high cost of insurance on them due to their value
b) wouldnt allow another person to pick them up at the box office if I couldnt make it to the US, even if I gave written authorisation.
c) wouldnt refund the cost of the tickets if I didnt attend, for ANY reason, even though it would have meant four empty seats in the arena and three people being locked out through no fault of their own

Its a lousy system, especially when you consider that they simply refuse to mail you the tickets.

Your best bet really is to get someone you know in the US to get your tickets, because at least they'll be getting the tickets sent to THEIR address and can get rid of yours if you dont go. However, if you ARE travelling over its a perfectly workable and safe system

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2005 19:21

oh... I paid for two tickets at Giants Stadium with my father's credit card, cause my credit card was unavaible for the moment, and he is not going to attend this show. Ticketmaster gave me the will call information after the credit card was charged, and I wonder if I will have any problems to get inside. I have tried to contact Ticketmster for help, but they are to busy. What do you think?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 23, 2005 19:42

Anders, there could be a problem as it says on TM that you will have to have the creditcard and some ID to show when you pick up tix at the show. Maybe BV with his experience could tell if they are insisting on seeing ID?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2005 20:48

Bring printouts of the receipt you get when you buy the ticket, real identification like a passport or US driver's license, and a printout from the bank, with card number and the listing of the payment for the tickets. The more documentation the better. I would bring his card if this was a short trip and he can live without it for say a week. Makes life much easier if you have the card yourself. Or at least bring the card number. The full 16-digit card number. They read the card to get the printout, so then they would need the numbers to find your tickets.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 23, 2005 21:04

Tack BV!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: May 23, 2005 21:51

We had bought tickets for Veterens Stadium and FUC in 2002 with the credit card of my friends father.. Of course, his father was not with us, but we got tickets presenting his credit card and the order number. The cc had expired, so it was no problem taking it with us...

Date: May 23, 2005 21:58

@Gazza:

Yes, this will call policy is a real crap and TM don´t care if you are in trouble... I mean the shows are 3-5 month from now - how could you know you can go 100%. Many things can happen in the meantime..

Well, and now we used the ticketbastard account of a friend in the US along with his CC. But his credit is limited and we did not get our SF tickets, because it was too much for his limit... Not that the seats (just crap out there!) had been that great, but still.. I had them now if I used my credit card... Thanks Ticketbastard!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2005 23:44

Thank you for the help. You know my card is damaged after it was in the same pocket as my mobilphone... Sounds strange, but the bank said so - that's why I had to borrow my fathers card to get fantastic pre sale tickets at giants stadium. Next time I will use my new card! Thanks again, I was a bit nervous.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home