Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what's the opening song?
Posted by: rockroll ()
Date: May 25, 2005 12:28

Probably HTW

although, there are some tunes i think would work well as openers

how about Paint it Black?

Let's Spend The Night Together? (although this one doesn't start with Keith, so they probably won't use it)

A few years back when they were on MTV's 10-Spot, MTV started the telecast with Tumbling Dice. It worked pretty good as an "opening" number (wasn't the first song played that night, but the first televised - it had the "feel" of an opening number) it sort of worked in the smaller venue. Mick gets alot of help on this song, so I doubt they'd open with it.

Finally, I think Gimme Shelter would be cool, too, but Mick gets some help on this one, too, and I don't see them using Lisa that prominently so early in the show.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 25, 2005 14:14

I think it will be Sympathy or Gimme Shelter. They are the only two real warhorses that haven't had the honor yet.
I don't think the would ever do Mother's Little Helper. Jagger does not want the press. Same goes for The Last Time in an "important" slot; eg opening or closing.
As cool as Hand of Fate and/or One Hit would be way up there after the Lixtour would they put those tunes up front like that? On HOF it was hit or miss with Ronnie; plus it is way too many words for Jagger to remember when he is still getting situated on stage.

Date: May 25, 2005 14:36

They have opened with Sympathy on some shows, haven't they?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 25, 2005 14:38

Which ones?

Date: May 25, 2005 14:48

Mixed it up with MR, which was the opener at the Enmore-show in 2003. Sorry smiling smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 25, 2005 15:01

That was a surprise opener!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 25, 2005 15:12

Another major surprise opener would be Sway with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman as guests.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 25, 2005 15:32

Yes and another major suprise would be "All you need is Love" with John and Paul as guests.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 25, 2005 16:16

I doubt that HTW or SFTD will be the opener as they have this sampled stuff at the beginning of both of theses songs. I don't think they will open a show with some sampled percussion...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 25, 2005 16:40

Not Fade Away was the Stones first top ten hit anywhere. It reached No 2 in the UK charts in early 1964.

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: May 25, 2005 16:52

Sympathy for the Devil!!!.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 25, 2005 17:31

wahwahwoody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt that HTW or SFTD will be the opener as
> they have this sampled stuff at the beginning of
> both of theses songs. I don't think they will open
> a show with some sampled percussion...

The show always starts with a sample of some kind to build up the excitement. Continental drift on Steelwheels/Urban Jungle (very good build up), the videoscreen on B2B, the sort of samba kind of music on Licks so i think if the lights go down and you'd hear the samba of Sympathie and Mick enters the stage Voodoo Lounge style from beneath would be a great opener. I loved the Voodoo opener, beginning with again a sample and then Charlie enters and Mick comes walking on and after the first line Keith and Ronnie enter the stage with there guitar parts. FANTASTIC!!!!

Midnight Rambler would also be cool but because they always play a short rocking version as an opener it would not do the song justice because Rambler should be a ten minute jam.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: May 25, 2005 17:42

of course honky tonk woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 25, 2005 17:44

tattoome Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> of course honky tonk woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry tattoome; but I sure n o t hope HTW will be the opening number.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 25, 2005 18:23

a short raw version od SFTD, with a enthusiastic intro to get the crowd excited woul be good.

And what about Undercover or One Hit????????????

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 25, 2005 18:30

it will be HTW...and what the hell is wrong with that? instantly recognizable - the place goes crazy - we get one of the warhorses outta the way early. makes perfect sense.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 25, 2005 18:58

How about Amanda Jones or Flight 505? A fantastic rocking start that few would expect.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home