Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Which stage would be the best?
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 10, 2014 12:00

TornAndFried
satisfaction2
I think that there is lot of stage components stored at the stage building company in B/NL (stage....) they worked together the last tours (europe).

So it can`t be difficult or expensive to build up a elementary stage with "catwalk" or "tongue" in front.

Maybe our belgium fans can inform us if something "is goin on" at the stage company.

The staging company the Rolling Stones have used on every tour since the 1994/95 Voodoo Lounge Tour is called StageCo. They are based in Werchter, Belgium. [www.stageco.com] They will be using a StageCo stage for all the outdoor shows in Europe this summer. The stage will be slightly different from the ones used in Abu Dhabi and Tokyo, but still a fairly simple design compared to the unique and elaborate Mark Fisher designed stages they used on past tours.

So are you also telling us that the Abu Dhabi/Tokyo stage is the first stage in a long time not designed by StuFish? StageCo had been building the stages, but at least up untill the Tongue Pit stage they had been designed by StuFish.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2014 12:53

Grison
gotdablouse
Weird, that looks like it was shot from the alley? Completely off center to the left anyway, from the front of T3 against the catwalk rail the view was perfect, unlike the same spot in AD based on the pictures posted above :

If you call this a perfect you I am happy for you, but hey this is miles away from the stage. As much as people tell you that there is interaction between fans and the band as much I would deny it as such distance lacks the commitment to the audience. There was much to much interference from running around security to first aid and cameras. Don't get me wrong I liked Hyde Park as a big party, but for sure not as a concert

Well as I wrote "the view was perfect" (unlike AD), obviously the actual experience was not comparable with being dead center in the second row of the tongue pit at O2, let alone dead center in the second row of the Trabendo, however you've got to be realistic in relation to the venue/attendance ;-)

TornAndFried
The staging company the Rolling Stones have used on every tour since the 1994/95 Voodoo Lounge Tour is called StageCo. They are based in Werchter, Belgium. [www.stageco.com] They will be using a StageCo stage for all the outdoor shows in Europe this summer. The stage will be slightly different from the ones used in Abu Dhabi and Tokyo, but still a fairly simple design compared to the unique and elaborate Mark Fisher designed stages they used on past tours.

Interesting, "fairly simple design" is quite the understatement when referring to the AD or Tokyo backdrops, again I think we need to differentiate between the backdrop and the actual stage they're walking on which was fine at HP/AD/Tokyo (other than the height in AD). Honestly next to zero effort was put in the design of the backdrop, just some red and white "flames" and some giant screens. They really can't do any worse for the Euro tour and there's little reason to think it will be a lot better...what would the incentive be, apart from not looking ridiculous I suppose, but they could argue that it's about the music...at the end of the day it is, but with an 80,000 crowd some "eye candy" might be useful too. The Roger Waters concert at the SDF last September was quite amazing in that respect, the Wall of course but also the extraordinary (really) projections coming from the back of the stadium.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 16:32 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 13:49

Nothing can be compared with Roger Waters's The Wall stage and effect-wise.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2014 14:04

The Backstage or the Offstage. smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 10, 2014 14:12

Oh man I hope we don't get screwed paying big prices for "gold circle" tickets. And that's probably what will happen, along with another greatest hits album, remastered of course. Suddenly I'm feeling very cynical.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:22

latvianinexile
TornAndFried
satisfaction2
I think that there is lot of stage components stored at the stage building company in B/NL (stage....) they worked together the last tours (europe).

So it can`t be difficult or expensive to build up a elementary stage with "catwalk" or "tongue" in front.

Maybe our belgium fans can inform us if something "is goin on" at the stage company.

So, are you also telling us that the Abu Dhabi/Tokyo stage is the first stage in a long time not designed by StuFish? StageCo had been building the stages, but at least up untill the Tongue Pit stage they had been designed by StuFish.

I'm not sure if StuFish actually designed the stadium stage they used in Abu Dhabi and Tokyo, but they may have had some input. Since Mark Fisher passed away last year we can assume he was not involved. [www.stufish.com] It may have ben designed by the StageCo team.

The simpler design of this stage compared to ones they've used in the past is to helps keep overhead costs down, and to simplify the logistics moving from place to place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 18:23 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:27

They haven't had the luxury this time around of budgeting on the basis of a pre-planned two year long tour of the whole planet.

Because the planning's been shorter term and less rigid, it's likely that production costs have been tailored accordingly.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:44

Lotus

Date: May 29, 2014 03:23

So the new stage is "in" and it's not too bad. Not terribly elaborate but a lot better than the "drapes" of the March dates and it seems to be scalable, i.e. can be made wider and taller for the larger stadiums.

It looks a lot lower than in Abu Dhabi or even Tokyo but the crowd is a lot further than with the "tongue pit setup", a good 5 meters versus 1 meter for the Tongue Pit ? Can we get some input from those who were there last night? Thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 04:24 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2014 03:44

I miss the bstage and the songs played on it in 97-03...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 29, 2014 04:09

flacnvinyl
I miss the bstage and the songs played on it in 97-03...

I'm glad its gone. Agree with you about the timescale when it went past its musical sell-by date though.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:17

The 1978 US tour stage was great. Stripped down and low to the ground, maybe mid-chest high (for a then 18 year old). I was right at front and could reach out and touch the stage. From that vantage point, the boys looked great!

The No Security stage was nice, too. I like the stripped down and bare stages. Actually, I'd prefer to sit on the stage next to Charlie so I could hand Keef a smoke and his guitars. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 29, 2014 10:11

gotdablouse
So the new stage is "in" and it's not too bad. Not terribly elaborate but a lot better than the "drapes" of the March dates and it seems to be scalable, i.e. can be made wider and taller for the larger stadiums.

It looks a lot lower than in Abu Dhabi or even Tokyo but the crowd is a lot further than with the "tongue pit setup", a good 5 meters versus 1 meter for the Tongue Pit ? Can we get some input from those who were there last night? Thanks!

The stage in Oslo was max. 2 meters high. I stood in first row right under the PA and right next to the early entry people. I could see well incl. everybody on Ronnie's side plus Charlie. It was a big improvement compared to the Abu Dhabi experience. The horizontal distance to the stage was reduced also.

Date: May 29, 2014 13:12

Thanks, good to hear even though it will never be as good as the "Tongue Pit", but it's "cheaper" and more people get a chance to make it to the front.

--------------

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:16

Re: Height of the Stage.
This photo will give you an idea.

The security guy there wasn't too tall so I guess the height is around 1,90 meters.
What is strange is that "wall" you see between the guy and the stage! Almost same height as the stage! So you got a "room" between the stage edge and that wall, before the normal gap to the front rows.
Guess some people will have a problem there and might want to move a bit to the side. We ended up to the left as you can see, and my brothers kids at around 1,60 appreciated that I guess... Strange. I never seen before that they need a lot of equipment between the stage and the audience.

TE
Oslo

Date: May 29, 2014 13:34

gotdablouse
Yeah I noticed that in the videos, there are guys in that "box", video crews possibly?

Can you repost here in the "stage" topic : [www.iorr.org] - thanks !

Could be video crew in there, yes, but they haven't been hidden away before. So must be storage.
If they had lowered that wall with just 50cm it would have been so much better.
Hey, could have watched more shoes instead of Keith's jacket, lol.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:39

Those extra "walls" blocks the view hugely. Much more so than the stage itself.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:42

I got my Paris VIP tickets, and they clearly state that they give access to the tongue pit....
Will therew be a pit as "pelouse VIP"?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:43

And the distance between the barrier and the stage seems to be, judging from that photo, 5-8 meters.

Date: May 29, 2014 14:07

Stoneage
And the distance between the barrier and the stage seems to be, judging from that photo, 5-8 meters.

Max 5 meter I guess. Another one here.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 29, 2014 15:01

TE
Re: Height of the Stage.
This photo will give you an idea.

The security guy there wasn't too tall so I guess the height is around 1,90 meters.
What is strange is that "wall" you see between the guy and the stage! Almost same height as the stage! So you got a "room" between the stage edge and that wall, before the normal gap to the front rows.
Guess some people will have a problem there and might want to move a bit to the side. We ended up to the left as you can see, and my brothers kids at around 1,60 appreciated that I guess... Strange. I never seen before that they need a lot of equipment between the stage and the audience.

TE
Oslo
makes you really appreciate those V.I.P. tickets that you pay thru the roof for and then you get this view .which to me is priceless !!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New stage for Europe?
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 29, 2014 16:18

gagi
Best stage ever...

----------------------------------------

SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: May 29, 2014 17:16

LOTUS

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 29, 2014 17:42

i really liked the B2B stage , but having said that ,any stage the glimmers are on is my favorite !!!

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 18:15

hyde park 2013 or the scene from 50 & COUNTING WITH THE TONG PIT was fabulous !

Date: May 29, 2014 18:25

TE
Stoneage

Max 5 meter I guess. Another one here.

TE
Oslo

Compare to O2/1, barely more than 1 meter...

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 18:28 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home