Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones VIP Tickets
Posted by: keithnmick ()
Date: March 25, 2014 10:39

Hi,

I'm interested to buy a VIP Ticket via Eventtravel but I don't know if it's worth !

Do you have some pics about the VIP Package ? (Gift Bag, Commemorative VIP Laminate & Matching Lanyard, VIP ID Card & Bespoke Rolling Stones Ticket Wallet)

Thanks smiling smiley

Re: Rolling Stones VIP Tickets
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 25, 2014 10:48

How much do they charge for all that?

Date: March 25, 2014 11:04

Prices varies depending on location. But for example, the Zurich Gold Hot Seat Package costs €570 ($798.80) per person.

I think that i can buy a Cat 1 ticket for half the cost of this VIP Package ! So Is the gifts worth it ? ^^

Date: March 25, 2014 11:32

No, it's not worth it for that stuff. What is it they give you...a bag, a shirt, a pass holder...for a few hundred pounds? Really? It's a rip-off, IMO.

Date: March 25, 2014 11:44

Have you already bought a VIP Package, TornAndFried ?

Date: March 25, 2014 11:54

Zurich was so easy to score this morning. I don't see any reasons to buy a vip package.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2014 12:33

One Eventtravel package that might make sense is early GA entry for €250 in Vienna "Early Entry to secure prime location before public doors" [www.eventtravel.com] as that's a lot cheaper than DC for €400...

Not so much for Zurich since the same package costs €320 [www.eventtravel.com] and won't take you to the front of the stage since that's for GC...available for €260 - odd pricing!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 12:34 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 25, 2014 16:39

keithnmick
Have you already bought a VIP Package, TornAndFried ?

No, but I've seen the souvenirs they give you with the VIP package and it's not worth the high cost. For the price they charge you should get something really special like a tour jacket. Not a bunch of small, rather useless items. I don't think so.

Posted by: Still A Fool ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:54

If you want to be up close and can afford to pay, the Diamond package is worth it. Although probably not as intimate as the Tongue Pit in arenas, having been in the tongue pit for a few shows was an amazing experience. I even caught Keith's pick in Chicago.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:55

Not worth but an easy way of getting good tickets if you cant get them in the normal sale. I took a package in London O2, really expensive, but including a good dinner, drinks, some gifts and best tickets when they were not anymore available in the normal sale.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:57

You will get MUCH better tickets from shelley lazar who has worked with the Stones for years and is extremely reputable. slotix is her website.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:58

I have about 6 of them I'll give you.

Date: March 25, 2014 17:10

Garbie
Not worth but an easy way of getting good tickets if you cant get them in the normal sale. I took a package in London O2, really expensive, but including a good dinner, drinks, some gifts and best tickets when they were not anymore available in the normal sale.

How much was the VIP package in London?

Date: March 25, 2014 17:21

Still A Fool
If you want to be up close and can afford to pay, the Diamond package is worth it. Although probably not as intimate as the Tongue Pit in arenas, having been in the tongue pit for a few shows was an amazing experience. I even caught Keith's pick in Chicago.

Garbie

What sort of "gifts" did you get ?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 25, 2014 18:19

TornAndFried
Garbie

990 £ Sterling for the Tonguepit or best seats on the front.
I did some packages with eventtravel including accommodation. It was fine, but sure very expensive. This morning everybody got normals tickets, but I did not find my way in and so ooh lala. The package is not worth for the Souvenir stuff I agree. But you get pretty good seats for first entrance depending what you choose.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 25, 2014 18:25

The souveniers are worth about $50. The value in the VIP package is it gets you in early. It is ONLY worth it if you are willing to get there early so that you are at the front of the VIP's and you hold your spot.

Date: March 25, 2014 18:57

Grison
TornAndFried
Garbie

990 £ Sterling for the Tonguepit or best seats on the front.
I did some packages with eventtravel including accommodation. It was fine, but sure very expensive. This morning everybody got normals tickets, but I did not find my way in and so ooh lala. The package is not worth for the Souvenir stuff I agree. But you get pretty good seats for first entrance depending what you choose.

990£! That is expensive. I had heard some of the VIP packages cost a lot but didn't realise they were quite so high. At least you had great seats and enjoyed the evening. It doesn't seem worth it for the people who pay so much then still have to get there early and wait in line to stand in the tongue pit.

Date: March 25, 2014 19:51

I think it's all about priority on Money and band and whatever. In the US we waited already around 1.30 pm to get first row and that was package. However some lucky fans got 3rd row with the 85$ ticket. It all depends what you want, what you risk and what you would like to pay. And mind you despite all nosayers there haven't been any People who were not die hard Stones fans saving up all they could for this experience.
And most will tell you it was worth it.

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: March 25, 2014 21:02

VIP Ticket View in Abu Dhabi:

1st Row, Waiting 5 Hours, Paying alot of Money, view to a black wall.

Very Bad view for this Price!
In an Arena VIP Tickets are worth it, but

Never in a Stadium Show again!

Date: March 25, 2014 22:29

Awful, worst ever pit I'd say, but wasn't there any way you could go backwards to mitigate the problem? I think bv said he actually did that at some point.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 00:18 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 25, 2014 23:41

I confirm, worst stage ever. I was in Abu Dhabi and the view front of the stage was horrible.

Benjamin.

Date: March 26, 2014 00:41

Grison
I think it's all about priority with money, band and whatever. In the US we waited already around 1.30 pm to get first row and that was with the VIP package. However, some lucky fans got 3rd row with the 85$ ticket. It all depends what you want, what you risk, and what you would like to pay. And mind you, despite all the naysayers there haven't been any people who were not die hard Stones fans saving up all they could for this experience. And most will tell you it was worth it.

I'm sure the VIP package is worth it for those who could afford it, or those who saved up and had a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As you said, it's all about priorities. I work in the concert industry so I'm fortunate as a perk in my job I get to see many of my favorite artists without paying. However, I must confess if I had to pay for tickets I would probably go to very few concerts, and don't know if I would be able or willing to afford such high prices for prime tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 10:21 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:04

gotdablouse
Awful, worst ever pit I'd say, but wasn't there any way you could go backwards to mitigate the problem? I think bv said he actually did that at some point.

yes, you are right gotablouse, but if i go backwards, i dont need to buy early entrance and vip. normal pit tix would be fine in this case.

Date: March 26, 2014 11:24

True, either way it makes perfect sense to be very disappointed. It's hard to understand how the Stones' team could let something like this happen.

--------------

Date: March 26, 2014 11:57

gotdablouse
True, either way it makes perfect sense to be very disappointed. It's hard to understand how the Stones' team could let something like this happen.
Unfortunately it was never told if that stage was also that high in Japan or other Asian concerts. I know only that Singapore was very low.

@TornAndFried: Unfortunately I do not work in the music industry sad smileyand me and my wife are not tall so either we don't go or we want to have the seats or space which is worth it. smoking smiley I do know that we spend much to much money and my pension scheme was a bit damaged. However I was quite often first row in 82 or later on, but the 12/13 concerts were the most amazing for me. And I do not regret any cent. And I regret that we had to cancel Australia, but we shall see...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 11:57 by Grison.

Date: March 26, 2014 12:21

Grison
gotdablouse
Unfortunately it was never told if that stage was also that high in Japan or other Asian concerts. I know only that Singapore was very low.

@TornAndFried: Unfortunately I do not work in the music industry sad smileyand me and my wife are not tall so either we don't go or we want to have the seats or space which is worth it. smoking smiley I do know that we spend much to much money and my pension scheme was a bit damaged. However I was quite often first row in 82 or later on, but the 12/13 concerts were the most amazing for me. And I do not regret any cent. And I regret that we had to cancel Australia, but we shall see...

I'm glad you enjoyed the 2012/13 concerts and had a great view of the action. I'll be retiring from the concert biz this year and will no longer be getting comp tickets, or for that matter, seeing so many shows as I used to. Sorry you had to cancel your trip to Australia but hopefully you were able to recoup some of your expenses, and maybe you can make it down if they return there later this year. At least Europe looks like it's going to happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home