Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Questions about vinyl collection (Sweden)
Posted by: pandasgrave ()
Date: March 26, 2014 10:44

Hello!

I would like to know if anyone could help/assist me with this.

My dad has decided to get rid of all his old vinyls and he was a huge stones-fan back in the days, records, posters, fanclub magazines etc.
He started with ordering the first 7-inch singles from the UK when they came out etc... real fan smiling smiley

So a LOT of the records are early (mostly UK) pressings. Ive looked up all I can on the net/auction sites etc but it really is a jungle out there.
Everything is still in very good condition, I would say between VG+ and NM for most of the records.

I've made a list of all the LPs and 7-inch with pressing/matrix info etc - could i post it here and see if anyone has any advice for me whether it would be best to sell on ebay.. go to a vinyl shop.. any other collectors/forums etc.

I would love it if this collection got a good new home where it would be well taken care of smiling smiley Thankful for ANY advice, let me know if I should post the list of everything here in the thread.

Regards
/ Henrik, Sweden

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 10:44 by pandasgrave.

Re: Questions about vinyl collection (Sweden)
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:04

Howdy, as far as I am concerned you can post this anywhere you like,
but you might get better replys/advice if you post it on the Buy/Sell/Trade IORR forum... [www.iorr.org]

edit, I see you did already did post over there, good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 11:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 26, 2014 12:54

You should also consult the Stones on Decca Swedish page that has a lot of nice info on the 60s releases (primarily).

[stonesondecca.com]

Collectors forum on the Swedish "Stones Vikings" site is, like IORR, also a very a very nice place to talk vinyl: [mickijaggeroo.proboards.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 26, 2014 13:07

Coming here or another Stones fansite is probably your best bet. Record shops/dealers probably can't give you a very good price because they're concerned about resale. Wish this would have been a few years ago, before I bought all my UK Decca pressings. Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1330
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home