Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
ROSKILDE Denmark 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2014 21:50

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the ROSKILDE Denmark show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Thu July 3
Roskilde, near Copenhagen
Denmark

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 11:06 by bv.

Re: ROSKILDE Denmark 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: didi ()
Date: March 24, 2014 13:23

Hello, i took a look at the homepage of Roskilde festival, is the date July 3 official, because i did not find the date anywhere else?? Anyway i have already bought a day-ticket. Now i check flights and hotel
cu

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 24, 2014 13:37

Do we know if they will have a Golden Circle??

Benjamin.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: March 24, 2014 14:00

benstones
Do we know if they will have a Golden Circle??
Probably not. First come, first served. As it should be.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 24, 2014 14:31

Thank you for your answer DV,
I called and you are right, it's GA only.
I took 2 tickets, it's the day of my birthday!!!

Benjamin.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: March 24, 2014 15:01

benstones

Salut Benjamin
pas trop stressé ??? bises mc

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: March 24, 2014 15:19

There is an innner cirle infront of the stage and as far as I know they run seperate lines for the different acts on the day. Not sure about it since Thursday is when they open and there's usually a big rush Thursday when they open at 5pm. So I'm not sure you can sit in line for Stones from Thursday morning like you can the other days for other bands.

Hope someone with more experience can share more.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 24, 2014 15:31

benstones

Mine too! I'm going to sell my Rome tickets and get for Roskilde instead! smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2014 16:23

MichaelLassen
There is an innner cirle infront of the stage and as far as I know they run seperate lines for the different acts on the day. Not sure about it since Thursday is when they open and there's usually a big rush Thursday when they open at 5pm. So I'm not sure you can sit in line for Stones from Thursday morning like you can the other days for other bands.

Hope someone with more experience can share more.
There's a paved area in the very front of the orange stage that will take just a certain amount of people to avoid crowding. There's a traffic light that will show red if it's full. This was built after the Pearl Jam concert in 2000 when 9 people were trampled to death.

This area however is open for everyone until it's full.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 16:25 by DiscoVolante.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 24, 2014 17:32

Tix and plane booked. Robberbride and DandilionPowderMan are on their way.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2014 17:36

MarthaTuesday
benstones

Mine too! I'm going to sell my Rome tickets and get for Roskilde instead! smiling smiley

What kind of Rome tickets do you have ? GA - or GA PIT AREA ?

If PIT AREA, I am interested in buying them

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 24, 2014 17:42

Paulywaul - Sorry, just plain old GA. I did try for pit but didn't manage to get any.

I'm going to decide what to do later today. Trying to justify to myself going to Rome AND Roskilde....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2014 17:48

MarthaTuesday
Paulywaul - Sorry, just plain old GA. I did try for pit but didn't manage to get any.

I'm going to decide what to do later today. Trying to justify to myself going to Rome AND Roskilde....

That's OK, yes I tried too .......... but didn't succeed. Never mind, I'll get one sooner or later. Thanks for replying.

Trying to justify going to Rome AND Roskilde ? There's nothing to justify, just go go go go go go ........... !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 18:23

Just booked my tickets. That will be a whole lot of fun in Roskile / Kopenhagen!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 24, 2014 18:41

Got tickets. :-)
Yay!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 24, 2014 18:45

paulywaul
MarthaTuesday

That's OK, yes I tried too .......... but didn't succeed. Never mind, I'll get one sooner or later. Thanks for replying.

Trying to justify going to Rome AND Roskilde ? There's nothing to justify, just go go go go go go ........... !! winking smiley

I think IORR is bad for my bank balance! grinning smiley The opposite of my friends and family telling me I'm mad spending so much on the Stones! I'll see... Really don't think I can afford both but...

Date: March 24, 2014 23:13

Bought a one day ticket. It'll be the first time I've ever seen the Stones, my favorite band. It's gonna be the happiest day of my life!

Posted by: KDL ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:11

Here's how the pit system usually works out:

There's separate queue entrances for the left/right side of the pit, so decide in advance which one you want to go in. You can't move between sides once inside, but you can move between the front/rear pits.

The gates to the main festival site (ie. where all the stages are) opens thursday at 5 pm., and there's almost guaranteed to be one concert before the Stones (possibly two), so the organisers will create a formal queue for the Stones concert (and the other, if it's a sufficiently big name). This will be marked with a sign and red/white striped police tape and it should be open form 5 pm onwards. There's usually no formal system in place to keep your place in the queue, but if you're more than one queueing together, there's usually no problem in one stepping out for a couple of minutes to go to the toilet, buy food/drinks, etc.

The pits are cleared between concerts, and once the crowd safety people have removed debris, they let in people for the next concert. Depending on how many bands are performing, it can be a lengthy wait in the pits, and as mentioned above, it's a paved surface inside them. There's a couple of toilets in the pits, but not much else (though they did experiment with having vendors walk around at one time).

Oh, and a bit of trivia: The main (Orange/Canopy) stage was originally a Stones tour tent (used at Knebworth '76), which the Roskilde Festival management purchased in 1978. It's been upgraded and replaced entirely since then (most recently in 2001 IIRC), but it's still the same shape and it remains the logo of the festival. They did, however, ditch the "tongue" grinning smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:15

How many day-tix and festival-tix do they sell?

Date: March 25, 2014 12:50

MAF
How many day-tix and festival-tix do they sell?
Last year they sold 5000 day-tickets for each of the four days with music, and around 75.000 tickets for the full festival.

Date: March 25, 2014 13:07

approx the same amount in 2012 when Bruce Springsteen was headlining saturday...77.500 tickets for the full festival...5000 day-tickets for the saturday...

day-tickets for Stones still available this very moment

(nonervousbreakdown - same person as the nonervousbreakdown posting 1997-2009)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 25, 2014 13:13

Got mine yesterday. I can't wait!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 25, 2014 14:43

Date: March 26, 2014 10:44

One-day tickets for Thursday are now SOLD OUT.

Orange Stage Roskilde
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 28, 2014 13:11

In some newspaper articles I read that Roskilde's Orange Stage was actually built for the Stones in the 1970s. Is that correct or could anybody provide further information, please? I can hardly imagine the stage they will play on in July is more than 40 years old - it actually looks very modern to me. Are there any pictures of the band using the Orange Stage in the 70s?

Re: Orange Stage Roskilde
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 28, 2014 13:15

Re: Orange Stage Roskilde
Date: March 31, 2014 14:59

maradona
In some newspaper articles I read that Roskilde's Orange Stage was actually built for the Stones in the 1970s. Is that correct or could anybody provide further information, please? I can hardly imagine the stage they will play on in July is more than 40 years old - it actually looks very modern to me. Are there any pictures of the band using the Orange Stage in the 70s?
There's a couple of pictures from the Knebworth Faire here:
[www.ukrockfestivals.com]
[www.ukrockfestivals.com]

The Stones played at night, so most film and photos are close-ups that doesn't show much of the canopy.

The canopy was created by Bill Harkin (who was also involved in creating Glastonbury's Pyramid stage) for the Stones' 1976 European Tour. It was allegedly used by others in 1977, and then bought by the Roskilde Festival in 1978. The canopy was replaced in 1983 and at the same time some minor modifications were made (mainly adding the steel arch in front, which allowed more light & sound to be added).

The whole stage are replaced in 2001, as it was no longer adequate for modern touring productions, and for security reasons.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 20, 2014 15:30

Does someone know if the show will be broad casted somewhere like on this [www.festivalradio.dk] ?

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:49

Roskilde is exactly a month away today.

This might become my last time seeing the stones and my first time seeing them at a festival site.

I have never been to Roskilde before, so my question to any locals is how to reach the festival best for the stones when arriving CPH around 18.00?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: June 3, 2014 15:56

Can't wait!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home