Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: WERCHTER Belgium 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 25, 2014 02:03

Edith_Grove
What about to go by car to werchter ? There Will 3 car Parks. I was gold That it is very hard to go out...it takes a lot of Time. Any expérience to Share on it ?

See you There !

I went to the stones gig there with my car in 2007. It was like hell to get out. It took one hour only to get like one km. After the concert there was nobody to direct the cars out of the parking lot. In the streets nearby there were a couple of Belgium policemen, but they did nothing, but look and laugh.
Realy great (NOT!)!
One would expect that at Werchter they have a lot of experience after all those years organise these big concerts, but they just don't care about how the audience get home.

Date: June 25, 2014 09:57

NEWMAN
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Any tips on what parking should give the least trouble??

Park anywhere, leave during Satisfaction, you'll be fine.

Never.

Prefer to wait 3 hours than miss Satisfaction (or any live song by the Stones)

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:24

I have a ticket but i'm not sure whether to go yet! Rome really hit my finances, but...it's the Stones. I may do an experiment to see how little money I can spend when going to a show outside of the UK. I also gave up my Glastonbury ticket (first time in 20 years) to see the Stones this summer. It was worth it mind you. So maybe I should do Werchter just to stay away from the Glastonbury coverage (which will be all ver British tv!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-25 10:26 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 25, 2014 11:44

Put your car in a parking, after the show put a 2 cd in your car and you'll have 2 gigs at this evening

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-22 18:16 by tioms.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 25, 2014 12:36

tioms
Put your car in a parking, after the show put a 2 cd in your car and you'll have 2 gigs at this evening, and you'll not far away from Werchter when your LOVE YOU LIVE cd's are finished.
Werchter is a compleet mess for cars in parkings.

The shuttle busses are leaving Werchter NOT before 1 hour after ending of the show.
(Shuttle busses between Werchter - Leuven.)
If you leave the festival ground you have to go RIGHT for 1 km for the busses.

From 10 p.m. bus back home to the concert-goers. Buses run up to an hour after the end of the last concert to the station of Leuven.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: June 25, 2014 12:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
NEWMAN
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Any tips on what parking should give the least trouble??

Park anywhere, leave during Satisfaction, you'll be fine.

Never.

Prefer to wait 3 hours than miss Satisfaction (or any live song by the Stones)

Go for it!

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:13

Tioms and Runaway are not telling the same story : which one is true ?

Runaway's sounds more logic : they will try to get everybody away, as soon as possible.

@ Thioms : why should they wait till one hour after the concert ? I cannot see a reason why ....

I would think that as soon as one bus is filled, they will drive away.

Strange that the TW Classics-site doesn't say a thing about departure time....

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 25, 2014 16:24

mmmm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-22 18:15 by tioms.

Date: June 25, 2014 17:27

Here is the bus and nighttrains info in Dutch:[www.leuvenactueel.be]

The buses leave from the station of Leuven and putting passengers off in the rear Heidestraat in Werchter, within walking distance of the meadow. The ride takes 20 minutes for the shuttle buses follow a special process reserved. Steps to the station of Leuven, 10 am to 20 pm. From 22 pm the concert goers by bus to return home. The buses run until one hour after the end of the last concert at the station of Leuven.

By bus there and back for 5 euros

Concertgoers to pay 5 euros for the round trip by bus. That bill is already on sale in the Lijnwinkel Leuven or Brussels. Also on the day itself is a round-trip ticket for sale on the sales stand at the station of Leuven. With a valid subscription - Buzzy Pazz and Omnipas - the buses are free.

e-train ticket train + = TW Classic Line

SNCB Mobility puts four special night trains with compulsory reservation to Kortrijk, Antwerp Central, Hasselt and Ostend. The night trains leave around 2 am at the station of Leuven. They are only accessible with special "e-train ticket TW Classic." The train ticket costs 17 euros and includes the train journey back to Leuven and De Lijn bus trip to and from the festival site. The e-train ticket TW Classic is only for sale online through www.nmbs.be / twclassic.

Posted by: jujules ()
Date: June 25, 2014 18:23

As I remember it from '94 (or was it '95?) it's a mess anyway, car or bus. (lots of people and not that many buses) But maybe de Schuer does his math a little better nowadays?

But since we will still be on a high, and we know it's going to be chaotic in advance : enjoy the mess and observe the Belgian way of organising stuff (which is in between the northern Europe over-organising and the southern Europe nothing organising at all)

I might park the car somewhere near Leuven and continu by bike, a litte after concert bike ride through Flanders fields sounds quite nice.(but ask me again after standing the whole day in the cold and the rain, weather reports are not good!)

I'm very curious what will be the t-shirt design for Belgium? Any thoughts?? Something with a "Werchterse echte"? (caramel candy)? a bear, chocolate, a Belgian waffle?...

See you all there (or some of you...), enjoy the show! And for those who don't know him, enjoy Arno too, he's great!!

Date: June 25, 2014 18:30

jujules
As I remember it from '94 (or was it '95?) it's a mess anyway, car or bus. (lots of people and not that many buses) But maybe de Schuer does his math a little better nowadays?

But since we will still be on a high, and we know it's going to be chaotic in advance : enjoy the mess and observe the Belgian way of organising stuff (which is in between the northern Europe over-organising and the southern Europe thumbs upnothing organising at all)

I might park the car somewhere near Leuven and continu by bike, a litte after concert bike ride through Flanders fields sounds quite nice.(but ask me again after standing the whole day in the cold and the rain, weather reports are not good!)

I'm very curious what will be the t-shirt design for Belgium? Any thoughts?? Something with a "Werchterse echte"? (caramel candy)? a bear, chocolate, a Belgian waffle?...

See you all there (or some of you...), enjoy the show! And for those who don't know him, enjoy Arno too, he's great!!

It will be fun with the Magic Bus and yeay Arno is great " TC Matic".

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 25, 2014 20:49

Tioms,

No need to apologize : from the beginning you have been giving me ( us ) good info about werchter : not to panic etc etc.

It's not your fault that your info wasn't up-to-date, thanxs for what you have done allready !

@ Runaway : thanxs for the link and explanation : many will be gratefull for your info !

Thanxs, Belgian Friends !

Save to Leuven at the end : that's what it's all about !

Thanxs from Holland,
Richard.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 25, 2014 22:38

Ok, so can anyone confirm that it will be possible to buy a round trip buss ticket Leuven-Werchter, at Leuven trainstation?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 25, 2014 22:40

Yes you can, it cost about 5 euro's for a return trip.

Re: Werchter waiting list - still possible to get tickets?
Posted by: Torsten ()
Date: June 26, 2014 08:25

MononoM
Torsten
I'm subscribed to the waiting list since March. Anybody knows if there is still a chance to get tickets from this "source"? (I'd like to get one GC (or two)).

Torsten
I was on the waitinglist as well and got my ticket a long time ago. I think one or two weeks after they started selling tickets..

Do you remember the date you signed in? I did my subscription just after the show was sold out. By the way, I'm still dreaming of a GC-ticket...

Torsten

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 09:11 by Torsten.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 26, 2014 08:56

michielz
Don't know if it was mentioned here, but there's a campsite nearby. It's about 25 minutes walk to the festival site. The camping website says there's always enough place, even during the Werchter concerts. See: www.klokkeberg.be

Used this site in 1998, stayed in a tent, and just drove home the next day. No problems.

Date: June 26, 2014 09:27

spunky
Yes you can, it cost about 5 euro's for a return trip.

Great!

Many Thanks!

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: June 26, 2014 10:54

Also from me many thanks to the Belgian fellows for their continuing information! It´s good to know (or at least to think) one would find a save way back to the hotel in Leuven. See you all around the Golden Circle of Rock n´Roll greatness.
@ JumpinJeppeFlash: we met FOS in Berlin ("...are you in the fanclub...?" ), let´s have a pint (or two) in Werchter.
Stay safe and take care, all of you.
Cheers, Fillmore

Date: June 26, 2014 12:43

Fillmore
Also from me many thanks to the Belgian fellows for their continuing information! It´s good to know (or at least to think) one would find a save way back to the hotel in Leuven. See you all around the Golden Circle of Rock n´Roll greatness.
@ JumpinJeppeFlash: we met FOS in Berlin ("...are you in the fanclub...?" ), let´s have a pint (or two) in Werchter.
Stay safe and take care, all of you.
Cheers, Fillmore

Oh yea, i remember that! Pleased to meet you, see you in Werchter, i'll be in the GC and let's hope we all get a busride from Werchter to Leuven after the show.

smileys with beer

Date: June 26, 2014 13:53

So...i'm getting the Coach from Bristol (South West England) to Brussels tommorow ..eye popping smiley I leave at 5 in the afternoon and get to Brussels at 6.30 in the morning on the Saturday. Am I crazy?

I do the return trip on the Sunday!eye popping smiley

From Brussels Coach Street can I ask if it will be easy for me to get to the train station and then just buy a ticket to Leuven at the station? Will it be expensive?

I already have a hostel booked in Leuven, but will have to leave early on Sunday morning to go back to Brussels to get my coach back to England. Will trains be running early on Sunday morning?

Thank you to anyone who can help! I am literally going to be travelling 24 hours this weekend just to see the Stones!

Date: June 26, 2014 14:44

At least there are trains to Brussels AirPort from Leuven early sunday morning. I will go to the AirPort 5am in the morning to catch my flight to Frankfurt and then back to Sweden.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 26, 2014 14:53

I think coaches from the UK stop at the "Brussels-Nord" trainstation...;
You'll have no problem getting a train from there to Leuven.

P.S.: there's 3 main train stations in Brussels: 'Nord', 'Central' & 'Midi' ( = South). The train to & from Leuven runs through all three; the correct order being 'Nord'-Central-'Midi' on the way to, and vice versa on the way from Leuven.

You'd want the IC (between 15' and 20' journey), or the IR (35' journey); avoid the L-trains (that's 'L' for "Lame" and "Local"... winking smiley ) if you have other options.

You'll have an IC (InterCity train) 7' & 45' after every hour (so your first one would be 6:45am, nect 7.07am, and so on...) -
ALERT: there's an L-train to Leuven at 45' after each hour too! So don't be mistaking...

The IR (InterRegional trains) start 19' after each hour.

Standard adult one-way tickets from Brussels to Leuven are 5,30 euro; travelling both ways (return ticket) costs 10,60 euro.
You might wanna ask for a special 'weekend biljet' ( = return tic; so both ways) - that would be 6,20 euro. But do check its limitations; for sometimes these weekend biljets have on- & off-peak restrictions.

...And now here's the tricky part:
The return trips (from Leuven to Brussels) are 11.47pm (IR > 35' journey) on concert day, and 3 minutes after midnight ( = officialy 'the day after'... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out - IR > 35' journey).
Next ones would be 05.07am (IR > 35' journey) & 05.37am (IC > 15' journey); and so on (same schedule hour after hour; 2 trains per hour).

Do check your bus schedule (back) to the UK carefuly; and don't forget there's always the trip Leuven > Werchter > Leuven to be taken into account as well...

Have a safe journey, & enjoy the gig!

Date: June 26, 2014 15:02

...You can check the train tables ( + buy your tickets online) here:
[www.belgianrail.be]

And if you find yourself cornered by the lack of trains from Leuven to Brussels between midnight & 5am: apart from a helpful, Belgian, motorized IORRian, a taxi would be your best option (around 60 euro one way between Leuven & Brussels) - here's one that'd do the trick: [www.budgettaxi.be]

Date: June 26, 2014 15:03

RoughJusticeOnYa you are a life saver!

Thank you so much!

It is going to be a great show! All we need is the weather to hold strong cool smiley

Date: June 26, 2014 15:11

...Oh yeah; that's the other tricky part - it'll be raining all day & night long. smoking smiley

Oh well: fan song vote might be limited to Rain Fell Down and Shine A Light, that way.
Now there's two nonWarhorses I 'd like to hear! winking smiley

P.S: you're welcome, Pete.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 26, 2014 16:10

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 26, 2014 17:30

The Stones were on their way from Madrid to Werchter, see the Playback on [www.flightradar24.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 20:35 by Irix.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 26, 2014 17:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
...You can check the train tables ( + buy your tickets online) here:
[www.belgianrail.be]

And if you find yourself cornered by the lack of trains from Leuven to Brussels between midnight & 5am: apart from a helpful, Belgian, motorized IORRian, a taxi would be your best option (around 60 euro one way between Leuven & Brussels) - here's one that'd do the trick: [www.budgettaxi.be]

Will taxis be easier available? It's not going to be easy rearranging work stuff at such short notice, and I have no ticket (or flight booked yet) but I'm considering trying to get to this show. Doesn't look like I'd have any luck with hotels or B&Bs in Leuven but there is availability in Brussels.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 26, 2014 17:40

Niek
I like to camp nearby. I have an old VW T3 camperbus. Anybody knows and recommends a place to stay safe with my bus? Camperplace or campsite on walking/cycling distance? Stonescampside with fire and music to sing all night long?

Use the campsite about 25mins from the entrance. Sleep in the tent or your auto and drive out the next day - no problems. If your lucky, you can wake up with dirt in your ear if you sleep on the ground. Good and easy time.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 26, 2014 17:52

Don't count too much on taxis

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home