Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Anyone planning on going to the Tel-Aviv show on 4th June ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 21, 2014 17:42

Bearing in mind that there probably has to be question mark hanging over the European shows, in other words a possibility (hopefully only a slight one) of postponement or cancellation, but allowing for that - anyone here planning on attending the show in Tel-Aviv which is scheduled for 4th June ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Anyone planning on going to the Tel-Aviv show on 4th June ?
Date: March 21, 2014 17:52

[www.haaretz.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 21, 2014 17:54

yes I planned to attend
But I am afraid that it won't happen, as TA gig still has not been announced.I don't think they will add new concerts now. At best they'll fulfill their contractual obligations but no more.

Date: March 21, 2014 17:58

Are you IN Israel, or do you live outside it ? I'm only going by what I read on IORR, but what the news WITHIN Israel is about this show - I've no idea ? The Haaretz article seems to be suggesting it will go ahead ......... ?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:17

I live in Tel Aviv, twenty minutes from Hayarkon Park. This article was published before L'Wren' suicide. I think that now even this amount of money does not make Mick to add new shows. Plus endure all the problems associated with performances in Israel. but so far I have not heard any other news

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:27

if Mick feels he can do 5 shows, he can do 15 just the same.
we are not talking about a year-long tour.
otherwise, they wouldn't have announced the Vienna show, and would have cancelled the other already announced Euro shows, as well as the Australian ones (which, in fact, have only been postponed).

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:47

proudmary
I live in Tel Aviv, twenty minutes from Hayarkon Park. This article was published before L'Wren' suicide. I think that now even this amount of money does not make Mick to add new shows. Plus endure all the problems associated with performances in Israel. but so far I have not heard any other news

The problems would be endured by Shuki, surely? The Stones just show up, play the warhorses, cash the check and do some sightseeing - each surrounded by 20 Mossad guys.

Are they much of a cultural presence in Israel? Spins on classic-rock radio? Kids in Stones t-shirts? Or do other artists loom more significantly? Hopefully Shuki does his sums better than the Singapore promoter did in 2003. Time may not be on his side.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:01

superglen
otherwise, they wouldn't have announced the Vienna show, and would have cancelled the other already announced Euro shows, as well as the Australian ones (which, in fact, have only been postponed).

I don't think any "real" decision's been made at this point. Obviously no one wants to burden Mick at this time with any firm commitments.

As for Vienna it was NOT announced on the rs.com site, see the discussion about that in the main Euro tour thread.

I'm not saying the Euro tour won't happen, just that nothing about the future should be inferred by what's happened since Monday, namely the postponement vs cancellation of Australia, the German/Rome sales, the Vienna "announcement".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:01

Dean, Shuki has nothing to do with this tour. All merch is run and sold by Bravado and their own staff. Nat

Date: March 21, 2014 19:06

We may be on different wavelengths. The Haaretz story said Shuki is promoting the TLV show. (Or, is trying to.)

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:09

gotdablouse
superglen

I don't think any "real" decision's been made at this point. Obviously no one wants to burden Mick at this time with any firm commitments.

As for Vienna it was NOT announced on the rs.com site, see the discussion about that in the main Euro tour thread.

I'm not saying the Euro tour won't happen, just that nothing about the future should be inferred by what's happened since Monday, namely the postponement vs cancellation of Australia, the German/Rome sales, the Vienna "announcement".

[www.eventtravel.com]

Vienna "on sale soon".

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:11

eventtravel.com <> rs.com - again, there is an ongoing discussion in the Euro Tour thread.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 19:12 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:21

4th june stones play in poland
[wawalove.pl]

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:47

I will be in TA that week of June, hope a confirmation is due soon.

sjouke

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:53

DeanGoodman

The Stones just show up, play the warhorses, cash the check and do some sightseeing - each surrounded by 20 Mossad guys.

Dean, how can you write something like this? It's really a disgrace... The Stones will be surrounded by 20 Shin Beth agents. grinning smiley
Only SB guys (and dolls) handle domestic problems. Mossad works abroad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 23:56 by dcba.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:28

I'm considering going to the show in Tel Aviv if it happens. I was in Israel a few years ago and politics and taxi drivers aside, found it to be a friendly and interesting country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 01:51 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 22, 2014 00:41

dcba
DeanGoodman

The Stones just show up, play the warhorses, cash the check and do some sightseeing - each surrounded by 20 Mossad guys.

Dean, how can you write something like this? It's really a disgrace... The Stones will be surrounded by 20 Shin Beth agents. grinning smiley

I picture a scrum of Adam Sandler lookalikes from "You Don't Mess with the Zohan"

Date: March 22, 2014 09:27

dcba
DeanGoodman

grinning smiley

Date: March 22, 2014 09:30

polandstones
4th june stones play in poland
[wawalove.pl]

Bloody hell, that's the first I've heard of this.

O well, if not Tel-Aviv on 4th June, then Warsaw. Either way, fantastic - I'm happy to be at either. Shame it's only a "wish" however, and there's no substance to it beyond that ..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 10:23 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 22, 2014 13:08

I'd love to go to Israel and TA and see the Stones some day. Tel Aviv is a global cultural capital. And yes politics aside, Poland and Warsaw sounds pretty cool too. winking smiley

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 22, 2014 14:19

Lateats news were that some local munipal law was the last thing berween the "go". Anything more? well- the local "scene" of showbiz gossip / rumors of good value were never developped. Few blogs or discussion boatds that are active and include more that rcycled bits of previously published items. One (reporter) can use connections at the managments of the park /stadium, magor hotels or various technical service suppliers and get tips to what is "blocked" and when, but then these things are tentatively done as soon as serious negotiatioms start and are no indication to anything more. I think we shouls know by sunday-monday much more. Time is running and this is not in favor of the producer.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 22, 2014 14:26

Please take the political comments to other places. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: March 22, 2014 16:48

bv

Um ............ (diligently re-reading all the posts in this thread) forgive me for saying so, but I actually cannot see anything remotely political in this thread so far.

Are you referring to anything in particular that has already been written in the posts above, or are you merely issuing a general warning, in case people are inclined to hijack this thread and turn it into something political ?

Date: March 22, 2014 17:18

paulywaul
bv

Um ............ (diligently re-reading all the posts in this thread) forgive me for saying so, but I actually cannot see anything remotely political in this thread so far.

Are you referring to anything in particular that has already been written in the posts above, or are you merely issuing a general warning, in case people are inclined to hijack this thread and turn it into something political ?

I guess that bv thinks the mossad/S.B jokes might develop into undesirable directions.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 22, 2014 17:23

No way.
Just paris...i hope.
Jeroen

Date: March 22, 2014 20:46

Don't know how up to date this ........

[www.touristisrael.com]

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:14

I'll be there. In Tel Aviv.

Date: March 22, 2014 21:20

paulywaul
Don't know how up to date this ........

[www.touristisrael.com]

It is updated frequently - so it seems, but this is definitely nothing official but rather a page that is based on other published info/rumors. The June 4th date (as opposed to June the 10th which was the first rumored date) runs for the last 2 weeks. The Bionce gig is not confirmed, actually and there were signs that due to municipal laws limiting the number of events in the park, as well as ticket selling issues, the two events (Stones vs, Bionce) were actually "1 out of 2 to happen" thing.

Anyway - the Lady Gaga gig mentioned there is certainly just a rumor. Neil Young gig, on the other hand, is "official" and is not there...

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:41

The problem is not Bionce but Justin Timberlake in the park on May 28th. Anyway, it's a small problem that should not stop the Stones concert plan. I hope it will be announced next week.

Date: March 22, 2014 22:12

z
The problem is not Bionce but Justin Timberlake in the park on May 28th. Anyway, it's a small problem that should not stop the Stones concert plan. I hope it will be announced next week.

One of the producers that ran for the "bid", one Gad Oron (working with producer Marchell Avraham) spoke about this on Radio 103FM on March 17, just before the news about L'Wren Scott spread. He claimed he "got out of the race a week ago" (about March 10th) since the bid got too high for him, but said the Stones management were actually very keen to do this gig. ANYWAY - he was actually brought onair because of the Bionce rumor - which was a big thing for a day - and claimed that if would not happen "on June 15th" because of the Stones gig on the 4th. He also claimed that the "17 days between 2 gigs in the park" law is discussed in court actually. And that its more complicated than just a word from the mayor - starting with the fact there are actually 2 cities who share this park. I wont be surprised if the Poland rumor on June 4th is some sort of backup plan by the Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 22:15 by Wroclaw.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home