Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Arte TV looking for true Stonesfans aged over 70
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2014 22:52

Hi there folks,

I received an inquiry from Ms. Lisa Drcret. She wrote this:

Lisa Decret
It has been announced, that the Stones return to Germany for two shows.

In order to present the Stones-phenomenon the best possible way, we are looking for the oldest fans who are planing to go to these shows.
We would like to make interviews with them.

This means [we are] not [looking for] fans below the age of 70.

I then asked Lisa a) if also non-german speaking fans would be ok and b) if it wouldn't be a good idea to also include the many vey young fans this band has, i.e those below the age of twenty, so somehow get the whole picture of the 'Stones phenomenon'?

She agreed to a) - both german or english speaking fans are fine, but they should be about to go to the german gigs!

Concerning b) she said, that they have enough playground left in the concept and are confident to find the young fans at the shows.

So - if you like to join in , please feel invited to contact Lisa via email or telephone - see her address below.

Thanks for your interest and may the force of the Stones phenomenon be with all!

Lisa's contact:

Lisa Ducret
Arte Büro Berlin
Redaktion Kultur ARTE JOURNAL
Reinhardtstraße 14
10117 Berlin

Email: kultur@arte-berlin.net
Email: kulturarteberlin@gmx.de

Tel.: 030 - 28485175 (from Germany)
Tel.: 0049 30 - 28485175 (from abroad)

Here's the German original:

Es wurde gestern angekündigt, die Stones kommen zurück nach Deutschland für zwei Konzerte.

Um das Stones-Phänomen am besten darzustellen, sind wir auf der Suche nach den ältesten Fans, die zu diesen Konzerten gehen werden. Mit denen möchten wir gern Interviews führen.

Das heißt kein Fan, der unter 70 Jahre alt ist.

Re: Arte TV looking for true Stonesfans aged over 70
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 19, 2014 23:29

The negative slant of her pre-written story is glaringly obvious.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 19, 2014 23:41

DeanGoodman
The negative slant of her pre-written story is glaringly obvious.

Sorry? Enlighten me: for me it's not so glaringly obvious what's on your mind.

Maybe, my translation was not good enough?

My take on this is: by addressing fans from the same generation as Mick, Keith and Charlie, they hope for some extra insight or at least a not-so-common report like one with the average, much younger fan... just my 2cts. worth.

Just give 'em a chance...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 00:20 by waterrats.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 20, 2014 16:09

It will be interesting to see how many they find. I'd have thought most of the first-generation fans were in their 60s, but maybe it was different in Germany.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 20, 2014 16:15

True Stonesfans (not only aged over 70) looking for rebroadcast of 'Let it Bleed' on Arte TV ..... winking smiley

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:44

Green Lady
It will be interesting to see how many they find. I'd have thought most of the first-generation fans were in their 60s, but maybe it was different in Germany.

Yeah, in the US the first generation of their fans was drawn from the early wave of the post WWII baby boom. Slightly younger than the Stones themselves, in other words.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:37

My oldest sister is 71 and loved "Off The Hook" my brother 69 loved the first LP especially I'm A king Bee and Little Red Rooster...and there a few more brother and sisters who loved the Stones......they lost interest in 68/69 and that's when I jumped in grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home