Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Disgruntled
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:35

CindyC
Roadster32
DeanGoodman
Your points may be worthy of discussion - but on another day, though. Today is not about you.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up but it's sometimes not easy for people to get this into their minds.

I did not make the other thread about ME. My original posts were my opinions on the Mick and L'Wren situation. When I was personally attacked for expressing those opinions others UNINTENTIONALLY made it about me.

I don't need a bunch of people I don't know on the internet talking about me to give me a false sense of importance.

Again, the INITIAL thread was not a condolence thread, it was a discussion thread about the news that she died. Two different matters.

Good for you.. This board is getting a bit like Pravda.."The Rolling Stones sound better than ever and steel production has broken all previous records"
If it turns out L'Wren has done it because of MJ's infidelities there will be one hell of a shitstorm heading his way. The knives will be well and truly out for the aging Lothario. Strange tho as i thought she was supposed to have cured him of his wandering eye. I guess we wont know unless she has left some sort of note. My condolences to her family and friends. Cue shitstorm coming MY way...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:37

vertigojoe
CindyC
Roadster32
DeanGoodman
Your points may be worthy of discussion - but on another day, though. Today is not about you.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up but it's sometimes not easy for people to get this into their minds.

I did not make the other thread about ME. My original posts were my opinions on the Mick and L'Wren situation. When I was personally attacked for expressing those opinions others UNINTENTIONALLY made it about me.

I don't need a bunch of people I don't know on the internet talking about me to give me a false sense of importance.

Again, the INITIAL thread was not a condolence thread, it was a discussion thread about the news that she died. Two different matters.

Good for you.. This board is getting a bit like Pravda.."The Rolling Stones sound better than ever and steel production has broken all previous records"
If it turns out L'Wren has done it because of MJ's infidelities there will be one hell of a shitstorm heading his way. The knives will be well and truly out for the aging Lothario. Strange tho as i thought she was supposed to have cured him of his wandering eye. I guess we wont know unless she has left some sort of note. My condolences to her family and friends. Cue shitstorm coming MY way...

According to the latest BBC news there was no note........having said that, early news is not always reliable

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:39

Long live CindyC. Dont ever stop posting your thoughts and opinions. This board could do with a few more like you.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:40

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
I missed your post 'about the blind item' so now you made me curious? This was about the MJ&LS relationship?
And oh yes I experienced it myself that some people here don't want to hear any other sounds but cheering...

Hi Dreamer:

Sad day, huh? The post the other day was about MJ/LS relationship PERHAPS. It was a blind item.

Just my 2 cents as an answer; I'm not Cindy C.

Ah I just found it. Strange article, strange coincidence. True story or not or half true this is a tough one for MJ and everyone in her and in 'the RS family'; she was a honey of a girl...
So yes milady...it's a very sad day indeed. He's very strong but this really hits him hard. He's gonna need a lot of support and knowing some of people in & around he's gonna get lots of that. I hope all of us fans can find a way to support him at the next show wherever and whenever that will be.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:41

Roadster32
CindyC

Well I count about 95% RIP posts in this thread. If that isn't a condulence thread - no matter what the title was, than I don't know.

Btw your constant use of capitals is not very nice and annoying. Think about it.

HA - I didn't even realized I used the caps. Yeah that is annoying, I agree.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:45

CindyC
Roadster32
CindyC

Well I count about 95% RIP posts in this thread. If that isn't a condulence thread - no matter what the title was, than I don't know.

Btw your constant use of capitals is not very nice and annoying. Think about it.

HA - I didn't even realized I used the caps. Yeah that is annoying, I agree.

???

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:53

Roadster32
???

Seriously...you really need an explanation?

Long Live CindyC

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:12

ThankGod
Roadster32
???

Seriously...you really need an explanation?

Long Live CindyC
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:28

Cindy -- all very unfortunate. Regardless of this dust-up, I sure like having you around, and I remember many positive contributions to this site over time. I've noticed you haven't been around much lately, and I hope this doesn't cause your appearances to be even less frequent.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 18, 2014 00:01

Can't say I disagree with you Cindy. Expressing anything but a positive opinion, or any opionion, on this and any other forum brings out the contrariness in some people. Rather disagreeable things are said that otherwise would not be when speaking with someone face to face. Common courtesy seems go out the window with the anonymity of the internet in place. Not a good thing in my view...

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 18, 2014 00:10

I like the fact that people on this board do try to edit what they say so they get their point over but remain human and courteous, even when English is not their mother tongue.
As a newcomer I am impressed that there is humour even when people feel very strongly about stuff and if things become personally insulting with no humour, other board members appear to support those who are being "bullied".

Communities are never perfect but this seems a pretty good one !

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 00:17

You did no wrong in my eyes, Cindy C.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 18, 2014 00:23

EJM
I like the fact that people on this board do try to edit what they say so they get their point over but remain human and courteous, even when English is not their mother tongue.
As a newcomer I am impressed that there is humour even when people feel very strongly about stuff and if things become personally insulting with no humour, other board members appear to support those who are being "bullied".

Communities are never perfect but this seems a pretty good one !

That's why I hang out here for some years...........and the bad apples will quit silence......... grinning smiley

gruntled
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:50

Regarding this website, I would say that I am 95% gruntled and 5% miscellaneous

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:57

Cindy, we got your back. Tell it like it is. I enjoy your posts. You're always fair.

By the way, do your prefer Taylor or Wood? cool smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:57

CindyC

My post about the blind item the other day got a similar reception, so I'm not completely convinced that the reaction was just because it was perhaps too soon to be making those comments. I think it's that some people just can't bear to hear bad things about Mick or the RSs.

But thank you!

But dear Cindy, don't you know Mick and Keith and The Rolling Stones are true saints and infallible. So it's Nay To The Naysayers, Let The Stones Roll On. Sorry if that bothers you.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:01

Dreamer
CindyC
It is sad that IORR has became a place where you can no longer freely express your opinions/thoughts relating to the Rolling Stones.

I think it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad. It seems that having any negative opinions relating to them is simply taboo.
Regardless of whether the validity is deserved or not.

My opinions may not always be popular, but I should be able to express them as long as they are not off-topic.

Dear CindyC,

Thanks for changing your posts.
I totally agree with you "it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad."
I just thought what you wanted to say you could have said with some other words since someone died. On a very bad moment in time for all people who knew her this was not good to read.
On that moment at that place we should not worry about our good or bad opinions; I think that is a valid exception.

Thank you again!

Well stated Dreamer

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:06

I recall CindyC slagging my wife's shoes.

Brave lass! grinning smiley

Date: March 18, 2014 02:09

CindyC
Dreamer
CindyC
It is sad that IORR has became a place where you can no longer freely express your opinions/thoughts relating to the Rolling Stones.

I think it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad. It seems that having any negative opinions relating to them is simply taboo.

My opinions may not always be popular, but I should be able to express them as long as they are not off-topic.

Dear CindyC,

I totally agree with you "it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad."
I just thought what you wanted to say you could have said with some other words since someone died. On a very bad moment in time for all people who knew her this was not good to read.
On that moment at that place we should not worry about our good or bad opinions; I think that is a valid exception.

Thank you again!

My post about the blind item the other day got a similar reception, so I'm not completely convinced that the reaction was just because it was perhaps too soon to be making those comments. I think it's that some people just can't bear to hear bad things about Mick or the RSs.

But thank you!

Good that we're ok to disagree around here, because I'd like to state my disagreement to your 'blind thread'. You took some information and made it about Mick and L'wren, just based on what you thought. Pure speculation...in the absence of any facts, really just gossip. It has absolutely nothing to do with us not wanting to hear bad news. If there is actual news, let's discuss it.

I don't think gossiping has any place here...so I'm disagreement with you on posting it. I should be as free to state that, as you feel you are to post it.

You can't have it both ways, and we both know that the decisions ultimately aren't made by either of us!

As for bandying about ideas, speculating on what happened on a sympathy thread, minutes after it goes up...I just thought that could be done elsewhere...timing is also a bit insensitive.

Date: March 18, 2014 02:17

treaclefingers
Dreamer
CindyC

Dear CindyC,

Thank you again!

Well stated Dreamer

You had a couple of good ones yourself today. It was good reading them.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:19

kleermaker
CindyC

But thank you!

But dear Cindy, don't you know Mick and Keith and The Rolling Stones are true saints and infallible. So it's Nay To The Naysayers, Let The Stones Roll On. Sorry if that bothers you.

They may not be saints or infallible but I really have sympathy for mick for how this all going to be played out in this era of tabloid journalism. It's going to become a scandalous ****storm and it's going to get ugly for him quickly. I really hope I'm wrong but there's such a feeding frenzy for this type of trash journalism when tragedy's like what happened to L'wren (RIP) occur.

Date: March 18, 2014 02:19

Dreamer
treaclefingers
Dreamer
CindyC

Dear CindyC,

Thank you again!

Well stated Dreamer

I would at this point place a 'cheers' emoticon, but it would seem quite out of place today, sadly.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:22

His Majesty

I can't believe you have one.

Date: March 18, 2014 02:24

kleermaker
His Majesty

Thanks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:26

No ....shoes come in pairs

ROCKMAN

Date: March 18, 2014 02:26

His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty

Thanks.

That was also news to me.

Date: March 18, 2014 02:27

Rockman

No ....shoes come in pairs

grinning smiley

Date: March 18, 2014 02:31

treaclefingers
Dreamer
treaclefingers
Dreamer
CindyC

Dear CindyC,

Thank you again!

Well stated Dreamer

I would at this point place a 'cheers' emoticon, but it would seem quite out of place today, sadly.

I was thinking exactly the same! How people all of a sudden can just think the same only because of circumstances...shows people are more the same than they sometimes like to believe. So cheers anyway treaclefingers.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:35

CindyC

yes you should be free to make any unfounded, ill timed and digusting remarks you wish to make, happy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:44 by Ket.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:51

treaclefingers
Dear CindyC,

Good that we're ok to disagree around here, because I'd like to state my disagreement to your 'blind thread'. You took some information and made it about Mick and L'wren, just based on what you thought. Pure speculation...in the absence of any facts, really just gossip. It has absolutely nothing to do with us not wanting to hear bad news. If there is actual news, let's discuss it.

I don't think gossiping has any place here...so I'm disagreement with you on posting it. I should be as free to state that, as you feel you are to post it.

You can't have it both ways, and we both know that the decisions ultimately aren't made by either of us!

As for bandying about ideas, speculating on what happened on a sympathy thread, minutes after it goes up...I just thought that could be done elsewhere...timing is also a bit insensitive.

Hi, sorry, just getting back online after a bit...

Well I will agree with you that timing was a bit insensitive. I'm not going to get into my feelings related to why I posted it, since I guess it's too soon here.

But I will say that my anger relating to what can or cannot be posted on here was still lingering over from last week.

you wrote...

I would like to discuss what you wrote though... "your 'blind thread'. You took some information and made it about Mick and L'wren, just based on what you thought".

This was not my blind item. When I first read it, Mick and L'wren didn't even pop into my mind. After I started reading the other people who commented that it could be them I went back and thought about it. I did a little bit of research and realized we really haven't seen her in a while. She did cancel the fashion week show, etc. and it did seem to fit them. So yes it may be gossip, but I read enough of these things to know when they're based on truth or based on crap.

I will not ask you to go back to my thread history, but if you did, I think you will see that I don't normally post a whole bunch of BS threads (at least not anymore). People were very interested in the whole Ronne/Jo/Ekaterina story when it was happening so I truly thought people would be interested in this.

Additionally, it wasn't that I just was passing along gossip, I was asking if people on IORR had seen them together? I figured if it was false someone on here could tell me where/when they were together. If someone told me they saw them walking into the hotel in Japan, I was actually going to go back to that other site and tell them so people could start coming up with a different guess.

I really couldn't understand why people were so offended by the whole thing. Offended enough to ask for it to be removed and writing shitty things to me because of it. I don't care if you don't agree with my post, but it doesn't mean there is not room for it on here because people WERE interested. I received several emails telling me so, but they were scared off by the response it received.

There are lots of threads on here that I don't wish to see, that don't belong on here, but there is room for them and should be if people want them. I don't give a crap about sports, but there are always sports threads, political threads (even though that is supposed to be a no-no) etc. I don't go yelling at these people, or reporting them to bv asking for their deletion. I just can't see why you just don't ignore what you don't like?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home