Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Perth rumours - not confirmed (thread closed)
Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:10

...looks like Aussie is being at the very least re-scheduled, if not cancelled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 04:33 by bv.

Re: The band has left Perth....
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:14

I surmise that for 100000 + Aussie Stones fans, Ms Scott will not be remembered well. There's at least $40,000,000 tied up in this that will have to be refunded,
What about the folks who have committed to overseas travel and accomodation?

Date: March 18, 2014 03:16

Macnee2
I surmise that for 100000 + Aussie Stones fans, Ms Scott will not be remembered well. There's at least $40,000,000 tied up in this that will have to be refunded,
What about the folks who have committed to overseas travel and accomodation?
Its called a tragedy. Disappointing for those who wanted to go, but an understanable reason for postponement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 03:16 by SWAYZ.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:19

Where did you hear that the band has left Perth?
Channel Nine news has only confirmed that Jagger left the hotel and is going to New York.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: March 18, 2014 03:21

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:25

This link, tells that the show has been cancelled:

[www.3news.co.nz]

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:25

A complete tragedy all around. Mick obviously never saw it coming and neither did anyone else it seems. Poor lady.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:28

To all those complaining about their tickets and plans... shut up... we are fans of these people and they are not our pawns... if they don't feel up to playing because of a family tragedy deal with it. Anyone who has been lucky enough, knows Mick is a sweet, sensitive person, a GENUINE gentle soul from the 1960's. If he needs to go home we should support him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 03:30 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:31

DoomandGloom
To all those complaining about their tickets and plans... shut up... we are fans of these people and they are not our pawns... if they don't feel up to playing because of a family tragedy deal with it. Anyone who has been lucky enough, knows Mick is a sweet, sensitive person, a GENUINE gentle soul from the 1960's. If he needs to go home we should support him.

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:38

How could anyone hold it against Mick/the Stones for cancelling the show yet alone whatever else is going to happen (can't remember right now)? That's plain up straight ol' bullshit. People with a brain - and a heart - understand.

Posted by: Hairball ()

treaclefingers
DoomandGloom

thumbs up

Agreed.
When Macnee2 says "What about the folks who have committed to overseas travel and accomodation?", I can only say get over it.
As if the loss of time and money spent on travel plans is more valuable than a human life...unbelievable.

Posted by: jumpinjack ()

MICK IS TOUCHING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WITH HIS MUSIC....HE SHOULD HAVE THEIR SUPPORT IN THIS TRAGIC EVENT !! TAKE IT EASY, MICK! sad smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:40

i an totally understand people being upset, disappointed etc - that's in the moment - i'm sure once the dust settles, they'll understand. if you've made major investments of time and money, it's natural to have a moment of frustration and anger - and it's easy to say "get over it" if you're not the one doing it.

Date: March 18, 2014 03:41

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:43

If I'd spent a fortune getting to oz for the gigs I'd be disappointed about the cancellation but that doesn't mean I'd disagree with the decision.

Mick decision will be respected by all stones fans but those who may have spent an awful lot of money have a right to being disappointed and upset.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:45

This is an extraordinary situation in which we should not insist our opinion is most important. I hope in the next hours and days people on iorr will find the right words to express their thoughts.

Date: March 18, 2014 03:47

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:50

I suppose I can agree with an initial amount of frustration regarding travel plans, cancellations, etc,
but I've been reading alot of this speculation all day here from the west coast of California.
Hopefully "once the dust settles" as hbwriter stated, those frustrated folks will fully understand the magnitude of this sad situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 03:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:56

[nypost.com]

The NY Post tells of a recent split.

Tragic.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:09

Dreamer
This is an extraordinary situation in which we should not insist our opinion is most important. I hope in the next hours and days people on iorr will find the right words to express their thoughts.

thumbs up

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:14

MisterDDDD
[nypost.com]

The NY Post tells of a recent split.

Tragic.

if this is true, a picture of desperation starts to emerge - failing business, relationship - very sad - and not to be judged. We have no idea what is/was in the heads and hearts of these people.

Date: March 18, 2014 04:27

sad indeef

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:29

Is it confirmed they've left Perth?

I've read in another thread this isn't true.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:32

The NY Post story says "The band’s Web site didn’t say if any shows had been cancelled, but Jagger’s trip to New York will likely require the Wednesday show in Perth be postponed."

jagger, not the band. If more than just 1 or 2 shows are being postponed, then it seems the band will also leave very soon. If they don't, that's a strong clue that Mick will be back and the tour will resume. Just guessing.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:32

Please do NOT spread rumours or post without thinking very carefully about how other people might feel at this moment. Please use the sticky thread on top of this forum if you have accurate information or if you want to express your
condolences.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home