Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fan Club Tix Europe
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 18, 2005 18:43

Is it safe to presume that they are going to have the same Fan Club policy for tix in Europe?

that is a "If you bought your membership BEFORE such-and-such-a-day you are eligible for the pre-sale a day or two earlier than those who bought memberships AFTER said date" policy

anybody got any info in this regard?

Re: Fan Club Tix Europe
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 18, 2005 20:28

I was wondering the same thing.

I never bought fan club/booking fee membership last year ,safe in the knowledge that I'd have to renew again before any euro dates went on sale.

We're probably looking at december and later for clubs

so should I rejoin soon,or if pre 9/5 still get first shout,should we bother at all ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 18, 2005 21:05

I asked that same question to RollingStones.com
This is their answer:

We're planning as best we can to ensure that Fan Club members will be able to use Fan Club passcodes around the world. The Fan Club will issue alternate codes if the current codes cannot meet requirements abroad (this depends largely on contracted ticketing agents in other countries). We will be sure to keep you informed via the site and the Newsletter.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 18, 2005 21:40

I assume that in Europe it will be a big mess again, as there are to many ticket sellers in each country. Not to mention the fuzz we had with getgo.com in Germany. As there are so many languages and systems and still countries it will be difficult again.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 19, 2005 00:30

thats as clear as mud from RS.COM again !

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 19, 2005 00:41

We really shouldn't worry about getting tickets in Europe. It was damn easy and cheaper than face value to get tickets for almost all shows in Europe last time. As I said before, I never spent a cent for the rip off called fan club and I easily got all my tickets I wanted without a problem. That was 16 shows ,including arenas and two clubs. So don't worry, don't spend any extra rip off memberships, just go there and buy your ticket at the box office, or - if you really want to SAVE money, be there in time on the day of the show. I'm sure it will even be easier this tour, as I expect higher ticket prices than in 2003 and therefore LESS people going to see the Stones. I doubt they will sell out stadiums in Europe this time. There were lots of empty seats on the BtB and Licks tours and there will be more empty seats this time around with ticket prices even higher than in 2003.

Posted by: sirjagger ()
Date: May 19, 2005 00:48

..but We wii still Rock!! and with loads of enerige...Right? / SIR

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: May 19, 2005 00:54

Just imagin 50.000 people in front of the box office trying to get tickets..... I wonder if you really got FOS at the box office, wahwahwoody?

Date: May 19, 2005 00:56

No doubt about that, Sir! As always, front row, Ronnie's side, crazy as ever. Can't wait for 2006!

Posted by: sirjagger ()
Date: May 19, 2005 01:00

yes.I am IN!.and VERY Standing! full of power and happines!!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 19, 2005 04:51

Well I have reserved my platinum import legacy for whatever show is my dream in europe so I hope that they work!~

Date: May 19, 2005 09:15

wahwahwoody
How did you get so easy theatre tickerts? Waiting for 24 hours in a row in front of the place? Well London did not sell any and Paris was only 40 tickets. The only place they sold 200 was in Cirkus Krone, 100 in Stockholm and 160 in Vredenburg where I missed out by 12 numbers.
Not everybody has the pace to wait or even travel for hours and then turned back.
I agree with arena and stadium shows, but theatre shows ?.. you must have very good connections... which I know that a bunch of people had the last time. certainly not me....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 19, 2005 09:43

I must have said this at least 30 times over the past few years. If you want to have easier access to Stones tickets. get the RS.com membership. Now. Not later. That is the official site. They are in charge. You pay $100 and you get privileges vs. tickets. If a Stones ticket is not worth that much to you- $100 extra - then use the regular sales channels - where 300 million people from USA, same number from Europe, and so one, all are in the same queue.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: May 19, 2005 10:44

I really admire all the work that bv is doing on this site presently and what his done in the passed. It's wonderful and his worth loads of credit and acclaim, awards for best fan site and bla bla, I could go on for ever.
There is only one thing I miss and that is just that he'd have a little critical views about the decisions the Rolling Stones and the fan club have made and are making at the moment. They are doing a great job of course, but I think that there's nothing that can't be done in an even better way. The formula seems to be- if it ain't broke don't fix it - just be happy about how things are at moment. I've never read a single sentence from bv where he's shows the slightest disapproval of the band's achievements, choice of numbers, peformance on stage etc. Sure we all love them, but everything can't be perfect all the time. If the new show would feature a segment where Richards and Jagger would be farting and burping into the microphone for 45 minutes I bet bv would say that this is a good career move for the band and we should not stop paying the high ticket prices and it would still be a good idea to join rs.com. To blindly worship something can never be healthy, there's gotta be a diversity of angles and point of views in every aspect of a thinking human being. I respect bv highly as I mentioned before, but I'd like him to disagree with the band's decision every once in a while. Dissenting voices are always needed to highlight the problems and shortcomings in many different areas of society.

Date: May 19, 2005 10:52

Rank Outsider: you got a point.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 19, 2005 10:56

Yes RO, eg, you could be a little critical about the fact that you can't buy anymore tickets for Chicago even though tickets haven't gone on public sale yet and ticketmaster still advertises on the presale advantages.

Date: May 19, 2005 11:35

At the moment there are nearly now tickets available at all when you go into any Find Tickets space

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 19, 2005 18:52

Date: May 19, 2005 20:19

Well it is just my personal opinion. RS.com is perfect. You may or may not like rthe price tag but it works. If you are sitting on the fence and you are saving thiose 100 dollars then you save the dollars and may not get as good tickets.

If you use their system then you get better tickets and easier access to club shows. I am a mathematician really, and this is very simple statistics and maths, just like that. China and Russia have been trying out systems to give the better stuff to all people at equal rights. Then they saw corruption. If the Stones ever play Albania then may be the tickets wikll be 10 dollars and we will all have front row.

Let's face the facts. A recent report I saw from the concert industry stated that approx. 30% of all tickets in USA - EVERY SINGLE TICKET!!! - were sold through channels, i.e. brokers. I.e. not direct from TM, but with an uplift of price through what most of us call scalpers. It is an extremely high number. One out of 3 tickets are sold through a scalper. With the Stones I am SURE this number is much higher. I have had like 2-3 offers EVERY day from ticket agencies who want to place their links on IORR to their sales sites. I could pay for travel to most of the tour if I accepted their offers.

Don't be naive. Just like the price of petrol/gazoline can not be half price without somebody buy it up and rezell it at a higher price, the Stones ticket - like any other popular sales item in the world - is a trade item. It si buyer or sellers market. With the Stones it has been sellers market for 30+ years now. May be all the years in fact. In most markets.

I would love to have MOna LIsa on my wall, if I can afford it, but I can. And I would like to have the Andy Warhol lithography of Mick jagger on the wall in my home, but I can't afford it. May be the president can state a law that gives me the right to buy Mona Lisa or the Andy Warhol litho for say 500 dollars. I might be able to afford that after the tour. But I don't think it would happen.

As I said, the RS.com pre-sales system is perfect. I have not seen any other systems suggested - that would work. I talk to people every day who pay more than 1000 dollars for a ticket, and if they just paid 100 dollars they could avoid going through their regular broker. One day I will stop advicing people to join RS.com, because if too many do so,, the system will not work anymore. But right now it do work.

As for complaing about stuff. My philosoply is simple. If you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say it. Why say it? To hurt people? Sure if a show suchs or a venue is horrible, or if somebody on stage is drunk, then I will tell. But if I don't like the face of somebody, then it is personal, and it is not interesting to others. Just my personal view, which I am entitled to have of course.

Bjornulf

Date: May 19, 2005 20:32

Just an example:
[www.sfgate.com]

And why do you think this site use the Stones domain name?
[www.stones.net]

Some samples:

Section: Field Row: 15
$3,740.00 purchase tickets

Section: A3 Row: 02
$3,480.00 purchase tickets

Section: FLR A4 Row: 7
7TH ROW FRONT DEAD CENTER FLOOR
$3,210.00 purchase tickets

..... people do use those "puchase ticket" links you know...

This is the story of 30% of every ticekt sold in the US.

Bjornulf

Date: May 19, 2005 20:51

To lodge, rknuth: You just have to get organized and - yes, for regular club show tickets that were sold at EVERY venue (even in London, that's what I was told anyway) you just have to be there at the right time - which means hours of waiting, hoping and praying. But once you have got your wristband and your 50 € ticket for a club show you realize it was all worth it - every minute of it. I saw people crying outside Circus Krone. They had paid more than 1500 € for the Circus Krone show and witnessed people who were just passing by getting 50 € tickets three hours before the show. And there wasn't even a queue at the ticket - office.

Date: May 19, 2005 21:58

BV I agree that's why I still have two memberships running for the shows. What I realize from friends is that they would like to sit together in groups of 8 or so and mostly you won't get such seat rows anyway. I tired to get Philly last night for instance and I could have had awesome seatts for 2 people. As I always said nobody works for free in this world and as Frank Zappa said we're only in it for the money, so nobody's to blame except the ones who might be late.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: May 19, 2005 22:07

If it's all about money, how come you're bitching about scalpers then?
They're also doing it for the cash. I suppose Zappa was too @#$%& wasted to realize that one. Everyone wants to make easy money.

Date: May 19, 2005 22:19

I am not bitching around with scalpers my friend. i do agree that this is out of control, but how should any ticket sales organisation handle that? I do not have any clue. And if people are willing to buy for such prices I can only shook my head that's all. Dont' forget that 20 years ago Scalpers at even more income than nowadays as they sit on the tickets and have to sell them sometimes even under value. That is the only chance. But anyway the streetfighint man has passed away long time ago and we only listen to it. Enjoy the remains and don't ask for yesterday's papers as they all recycled by now.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 19, 2005 23:40

BV,I think the 100$ membership is OK but I think it's wrong (sorry if I mention it again) that I can't get anymore tickets for the Chicago concert. Some friends of mine want to go there so I got them a membership but now I have to wait for the public sale.
They are not intrested in refund but in tickets.

Posted by: Rocky ()
Date: May 20, 2005 00:04

What's the average cash spent on tix n' travellin' then - for Europe I mean? I'm plannin' to go to a few shows next summer, can't wait, yeah! I thought about 10 or even better - as many as I can afford!

Bye, says Rockin' Rocky

Date: May 20, 2005 10:47

Rocky
The ticket prices duringe Licks had been between 90-140 Euros for both arena and stadiums which is about 110 to 170 USD. Theatre shows were 55-65 Euros, plus the rs. com membership. For UK you have to touble or even triple the prices.
150 £ are about 220 US$.
Depending on what accommodation you need and food I would calculate 100 US$ a day at least depending on the comfort you want/need.. Some countries are cheaper some are more expensive.
On all events there had been tickets left and sold in front of the arena/stadium.
Travelling: I would say hitchiking is save, but you can get railpasses at a decent price.
For me UK was the most expensive place for concert, even living in Switzerland.
If you need more details let me know I can also give you direct mails.

Date: May 20, 2005 11:59

Good reason to see the Stones in Spain and Portugal. Lower ticket prices, lower expenses in general, nice weather and always great crowd. UK is now most expensive, almost like US prices for tickets. But it is hard to avoid swinging London - their home town. Also, for the record, Germany is great, because expences are nice, hotels at 40 euro or less many places in the summer,and I just love these great fields of large crowds of 90,000 real fans, no worries, no VIP just real great fans and the greatest songs we all love.

PS. Just got the word that the European Tour might open in Portugal in May 06; will post that soon on the IORR news.

Bjornulf

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: May 20, 2005 12:04

pfffffffffffffff MAY 06, that`s a f****ng whole year to wait. Hahahahahaha okay we ripped fot the time beeing the american tour on the internet

Date: May 20, 2005 12:10

Just checked my great licks-tickets: Some of the shows ( in Denmark, Sweden, and Stade de France ) were below US$100. A little more in Germany depending on when you bought and where you got the tickets from. I paid for rs.com memberships for Ahoy and Bercy. I regret Ahoy ( because I probably could have got some anyway ) , but not Bercy. The Swedish online ordering system worked perfectly for Globen-arena. And extra FOS-Stadium tickets were announced a few weeks before the show. For Munich Olympiahalle extra tickets were sold a few months after the show was announced "sold out" ( but you could easily have bought cheap tickets outside the venue ). In my own Denmark the ordering system went bananas the first day, but after a fortnight lots of FOS-tickets were on sale again.

Theatre shows and tickets: It's a question of patience if you wait outside before shows. No "connections" will brings you inside ( unless you receive a special invitation ). I never thought I would make it in Munich. So I didn't stay. Then I read the reports here on how easy it was to get these tickets. I could only blame myself. Nobody else. In Stockholm I got the tickets after "just" 14 hours. And 14 hours seems like absolutely nothing when you actually stands with the ticket in your hand.

Buy a fanclub-membership if you wanna increase your chances of a ticket for a special show. I desperately needed the ticket for the Bercy-show, because it was going to be the my daughter's first Stones-show. So I didn't want to risk anything. In this case I was really pleased that such a system exists. I didn't buy memberships for any club-shows, because I knew - from reading here - that I would have had to stay be my computer for perhaps many days and nights. But if you are able to organize your time then buy a membership....at least it looks as if you can have more money back this time. Now if that isn't fair, then I really don't know.

The only fair system would perhaps be cheap tickets for hardcore fans. But how on earth would anybody be able to decide who's a hardcore fan ? What should be the criteria ? And anyway: There still wouldn't be enough tickets for the club-shows.....As it is now the system is trying to take care. If you feel it's too much money, then read closely all the reports from fans on how to get tickets without paying extra. If you still feel it's too much, then try to save on something else. I do. I'm not rich.

It's not always easy. It's not impossible in most cases. Patience, knowledge and making the right priorities are keywords. This forum at least gives the knowledge.......and loads of fans will most likely write much better stuff in the coming months compared to my humble words.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home