Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Is Mick Taylor on board for Europe?
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 16, 2014 21:25

RollingFreak
Testify
It 's very depressing all this importance that is given to Mick Taylor, If there is I'll be happy, if there is not I will be the same. I have seen many other concerts without Taylor and were wonderful.
Yeah, but whether you like him or not, watch the videos and you'll see there is a change in the band and performance when he is there. No question.

With Taylor they're still the greatest r&r band in the world, without him they're the greatest cover band in the world. It's sad but true.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: March 16, 2014 21:28

Even the Stones are not too old to learn.. smoking smiley

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: March 16, 2014 21:35

LuxuryStones
Why not on board for Europe ? Let him play the @#$%& lead with a decent distortion, and within 4 concerts we have complete musical and sleazy anarchy again.

Yes! Very good idea!

Date: March 16, 2014 22:07

StonesCat
[www.keno.org]

Just passing it on for discussion.

If it has nothing to do with Keith, then why doesn't he let Taylor play one of those two solos on Slipping Away or one on Satisfaction instead of that useless and hardly audible acoustic?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:43

kleermaker
RollingFreak
Testify
It 's very depressing all this importance that is given to Mick Taylor, If there is I'll be happy, if there is not I will be the same. I have seen many other concerts without Taylor and were wonderful.
Yeah, but whether you like him or not, watch the videos and you'll see there is a change in the band and performance when he is there. No question.

With Taylor they're still the greatest r&r band in the world, without him they're the greatest cover band in the world. It's sad but true.
I do not know I really like the Stones sound even without Taylor, I never really loved the guitar solo, without taylor sound more style 60-brian.

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:52

kleermaker
StonesCat
[www.keno.org]

If it has nothing to do with Keith, then why doesn't he let Taylor play one of those two solos on Slipping Away or one on Satisfaction instead of that useless and hardly audible acoustic?

Yeah for "Slipping Away" I'm sure that Keith doesn't need to run what Taylor plays by Mick. Actually I'd be curious to know how that came about...probably the usual Glimmer Twins' "let's wing it boys" since the fans who got in at the rehearsal concert said that it sounded like Taylor had never played on that song before that as he was figuring out the chords!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:54

I hope Mick Taylor is with them and I even more hope, he's doing some more songs with them.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 16, 2014 23:04

I heard Taylor just booked a 3-month Eurail Pass good for travel anywhere in Europe. There's no way Jagger is gonna let that money go to waste so you can count on him being there this summer. You can also count the number of songs he will be playing on.ONE, TWO, THREE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 23:25 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 16, 2014 23:15

gotdablouse

...since the fans who got in at the rehearsal concert said that it sounded like Taylor had never played on that song before that as he was figuring out the chords!

Taylor must have never heard it before then. He can handle a D maj7 chord.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2014 23:21

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2014 00:23

Date: March 17, 2014 09:44

kleermaker
RollingFreak
Testify

So, they're not covering themselves the minute Taylor hits the stage? winking smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 09:46

LuxuryStones
gotdablouse

...since the fans who got in at the rehearsal concert said that it sounded like Taylor had never played on that song before that as he was figuring out the chords!

Taylor must have never heard it before then. He can handle a D maj7 chord.

He can't have played it much, as he was struggling with the last chords before the stop in the middle on the first two shows smiling smiley

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 12:10

Still no news on whether he's actually going to be part of the Europe shows.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 17, 2014 12:19

^ It would actually be news only if he weren't going to be at the Euro shows.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:37

Midnight Rambler.

Tioms,

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-22 17:48 by tioms.

Date: March 17, 2014 16:36

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
RollingFreak
Testify

So, they're not covering themselves the minute Taylor hits the stage? winking smiley

Yep, you've understood it quite well. cool smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 17:04

It's BS, though - or they're doing a lousy job at it grinning smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 17, 2014 18:03

They are a different, better band with Taylor. It's not 1973, but it's a much better 2014.

Date: March 17, 2014 18:05

On CYHMK, yes. On ST, I'm not sure...

Date: March 17, 2014 18:10

DandelionPowderman

On every song.

(only soundboard sounds better than this one)

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 17, 2014 18:20

kleermaker
StonesCat
[www.keno.org]

Well, Slipping Away and Satisfaction are his songs: he might like Taylor on stage a lot more, but it's evidently not a dealbreaker for him, and he's going to want to play his own solos regardless. Generally, Keno's version of events rings true to me. I also think he's right to assume that money issues are chiefly behind Taylor's limited involvement.

If I had to guess, I would say that the specific issue is the possibility of further live albums or DVD releases from these tours, from which Taylor would be entitled to a share of the profits if he played on a certain percentage of the setlist. I know nothing about the law in this respect, so this may be completely wrong, but I would imagine that beyond stoking Jagger's well-known greed, this would also re-open the legal issues surrounding Taylor's unpaid royalties and his position within the Stones' business organisation. Any thoughts?

Date: March 17, 2014 19:41

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

On every song.

(only soundboard sounds better than this one)

For you that might be true smiling smiley

Mick Taylor for Europe?
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:01

What do yo think?
There is no anouncement about him... I'm scared is off

Re: Mick Taylor for Europe?
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:02

He is a go, for sure

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:12

Source? winking smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:25

AntoineParis
What do yo think? There is no anouncement about him. I'm scared is off

Yes, Taylor will be with them in Europe.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:31

Yes.

Date: March 27, 2014 21:47

I thought this thread would be titled: More Taylor for Europe.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 27, 2014 22:27

Mo' Taylor. Mo' problems.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home