Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sweet Summer Sun on BBC4 - postponed
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:00

BBC4 Friday 21st March

9 pm GMT Sweet Summer Sun - 70 minutes from the DVD.

10.10 pm The Stones At The BBC - 45 minutes of vintage clips from the BBC archives

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 08:14 by bv.

For anybody who missed this
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 20:38

Next Friday on BBC4 the stones at Hyde Park 2013 on at 21.00

Hyde park on the BBC
Date: March 21, 2014 20:42

I originally stated that the Hyde park concert was being shown again tonight on BBC 4 after just taking another look, it appears it has been taken off.

I wonder why.

Re: Hyde park on the BBC
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:48

Due to the very sad events from 17th March 2014?

Re: Hyde park on the BBC
Date: March 21, 2014 20:49

Irix
Due to the very sad events from 17th March 2014?

Could well be.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun on BBC4 Friday 21st March
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:02

Yes, just noticed that both Stones-related programmes have been replaced by Mike Oldfield material. The BBC are in the habit of doing this sort of thing if there has been any kind of related tragedy.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun on BBC4 Friday 21st March
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:25

Green Lady
Yes, just noticed that both Stones-related programmes have been replaced by Mike Oldfield material. The BBC are in the habit of doing this sort of thing if there has been any kind of related tragedy.

They're playing the live Tubular Bells featuring Mick Taylor so there is some kinda Stones connection.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Media Respect
Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:12

BBC 4 Television 21.00 Rolling Stones Special Sweet Summer Sun and Archive Stones at the BBC. Respectfully postponed " because of recent sad event".
Unlike the gutter press the BBC is to be valued and admired. Slainte.

Re: Media Respect
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:17

Unnecessary, I'd respectfully suggest.

And, I'm not sure the victims of Jimmy Savile would agree re: BBC.

Date: March 21, 2014 23:23

DeanGoodman
Unnecessary, I'd respectfully suggest.

And, I'm not sure the victims of Jimmy Savile would agree re: BBC.
Cheap shot and disrespectful of a certain M P Jaggers wishes.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:30

BBC - over priced for what they do.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:33

Anyway if anyone is disappointed they can just pop on the DVD!

Date: March 21, 2014 23:34

BlackHat
Respect a persons wish in deep despair and grieving, how terrible.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:42

I just called my local radio station and asked them not to play any Stones.

Date: March 21, 2014 23:45

DeanGoodman
I just called my local radio station and asked them not to play any Stones.
Per chance you are related to the bereaved family? If so very appropriate.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:50

How is not playing Stones music a sign of respect in this situation?

Music is what helps get me through tough times.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:06

Max'sKansasCity
How is not playing Stones music a sign of respect in this situation?

Music is what helps get me through tough times.

Max, it's not the music.

Please imagine: Mick Jagger, dancing and joking on Hyde Park Stage on BBC TV,
meanwhile the same Mick Jagger, broken, preparing the funeral of his friend L'Wren, in LA.

I can understand the decision of BBC.

Take care of yourself,

HighwireC

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:49

belld

... the BBC is to be valued and admired.

Yes, they were, maybe still are, a protective home for a number of sex offenders.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:18

<<Mick Jagger, dancing and joking on Hyde Park Stage on BBC TV,
meanwhile the same Mick Jagger, broken, preparing the funeral of his friend L'Wren, in LA.
>>

Ahem. It's the current tour leg that's been postponed, not their entire past, recent or otherwise.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:25

stonehearted
meanwhile the same Mick Jagger, broken, preparing the fuferal of his friend L'Wren, in LA.
>>

Ahem. It's the current tour leg that's been postponed, not their entire past, recent or otherwise.

Dammit, I just snapped Black n Blue over my knee out of respect...are we not committing to this thing people?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:33

Munichhilton
stonehearted
meanwhile the same Mick Jagger, broken, preparing the fuferal of his friend L'Wren, in LA.
>>

Dammit, I just snapped Black n Blue over my knee out of respect...are we not committing to this thing people?

OK Munich, I'm on board--but only because I feel bad about your copy of Black and Blue, because half of that album is really good. Tell you what, to do my part, I'll be sure not to post any pics on IORR of Jagger smiling until he's ready to hit the road again.

Date: March 22, 2014 02:53

It´s way beyond my understanding that this even has to be explained.

I fully agree and for my part at this time I cannot even imagine how it will be in 2 months seeing (hopefully) Mick Jagger onstage doing his job as always but differently. A bitter sweet feeling comes along for me right now when I think about me standing in the aucience like I used to... cheering, jumping, shouting, full of joy and at the same time I know that after this short period of time he will never have recovered from his pain (and tries to show off with full power, fun and joy, like he used to be)!

May be I´m wrong....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 03:00 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 22, 2014 03:38

stonehearted
Munichhilton
stonehearted
>>

OK Munich, I'm on board--but only because I feel bad about your copy of Black and Blue, because half of that album is really good. Tell you what, to do my part, I'll be sure not to post any pics on IORR of Jagger smiling until he's ready to hit the road again.

Thats commitment baby...thats all I can ask!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 22, 2014 06:15

ThroughTheLonelyNights

I fully agree and for my part at this time I cannot even imagine how it will be in 2 months seeing (hopefully) Mick Jagger onstage doing his job as always but differently. A bitter sweet feeling comes along for me right now when I think about me standing in the aucience like I used to... cheering, jumping, shouting, full of joy and at the same time I know that after this short period of time he will never have recovered from his pain (and tries to show off with full power, fun and joy, like he used to be)!

May be I´m wrong....

The first show will be poignant. When they take their bows to a rapturous standing ovation the love of the fans and the beauty of the music will have performed a miraculous act of healing.

After that things will begin to normalize again.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 22, 2014 07:02

stonehearted
Munichhilton
stonehearted
>>

Hopefully Mh kept the good half of the album.

btw- I have some extra super glue if anybody needs to borrow some. It is great for mending hearts and sticking things together like fingers and snapped albums.

Date: March 22, 2014 07:20

Well - everybody has it´s own way to deal with situations that come along in life.......VERY interesting.....

Good stuff for a sociologist or a psychologist. Damn I´m not one of those, otherwise I would do a RnR study....

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 22, 2014 07:24

BlackHat
What rubbish. It's the last great British institution! (Apart from our heroes of course!)

Date: March 22, 2014 07:24

andrewt
ThroughTheLonelyNights

May be I´m wrong....

The first show will be poignant. When they take their bows to a rapturous standing ovation the love of the fans and the beauty of the music will have performed a miraculous act of healing.

After that things will begin to normalize again.

Somehow I am glad I am not going to the first show......this first show in Oslo (I think) will be something VERY special and intense.....not sure if I would want to take that - but after the show: good for the band and Mick..

I am only a bit worried if he is able to go through these extreme emotions without any harms - he´s not a young boy anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 07:31 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun on BBC4 - postponed
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 22, 2014 08:31

As this thread now seems to be about the Stones on TV--I was browsing tonight and found the Some Girls show on VH1 Classic, though too late to post about it. I think it had been preceded by another Stones show that I missed. (Trivia question--throughout the show, there was a fuzzy blur where they had obviously obscured something written on Mick's shirt. I'm sure someone knows what it was? I thought I had this show, but can't find it, and don''t remember it in that much detail!)

Re: Sweet Summer Sun on BBC4 - postponed
Date: March 22, 2014 08:38

Yes - unfortunately this thread seems to be about Stones on TV

Somehow it doesn´t fit anymore - contextwise

Let´s talk about Showtime.....................eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 08:39 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home