Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Any MIck & Keith interaction?
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 10, 2014 12:56

Haven't been through all the posts and youtube videos but has there been any signs of Mick and Keith showing any affection to each other? A smile, a hug etc.

Re: Any MIck & Keith interaction?
Posted by: howled ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:00

Keith told Mick to Get Off His Cloud.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:02

I did read somewhere here when someone said there was no real interaction at all between the glimmers at Macau.

Found this from Macau Live thread

Re: Macau China March 9 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 19:06

I am already back to my hotel in hk. Mick is on fire, the crowd was excellent and acoustic very good. Keith seems a little tired but focused on his job. No interaction with mick tonight, a friend of mine told me that in Tokyo they were more friendly. Highlight midinight rambler, and i liked miss you too, that usually i don't particularly love. Lot of chinese -hk people , i was expecting less. Setlist ? Predictable, as usual, but tonight i only wanna fall asleep with happiness. After 7 years i saw them again, it was my concert n.19 or 20, i have to check..first time was 32 years ago.... So, tonight i feel proud and lucky of being a stones fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 13:05 by Deathgod.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:11

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:22

Small things (I suppose) but they took bows next to one another (not something I remember seeing recently) at least at TOKYO/1 and Mick even addressed Keith it seems ;-)

From BV's report : [www.iorr.org]

From BV's TOKYO/2 :

"Keith! Watcha, watcha doing?" ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:28

How about this one, from Glastonbury?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 10, 2014 14:01

Hyde Park

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 10, 2014 14:20

Fantastic pictures, Bastion & Christiano!
Thx for posting.

P.S.: really enjoy most if not all of your posts, Radtke...
Good to have you on board here!

Do roll on - smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 10, 2014 14:46

RoughJusticeOnYa
Fantastic pictures, Bastion & Christiano!
Thx for posting.

P.S.: really enjoy most if not all of your posts, Radtke...
Good to have you on board here!

Do roll on - smileys with beer

Thank you, very appreciated! smileys with beer
It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere. winking smiley

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:26

fab pics, and heart warming. Yes, I'm an old softie.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:06

I think it's Mick watching after and covering Keith'ass (as he did so often in the past). Listen to SFTD from Tokyo III and it's obvious Keef struggles with the solo.

After 30-35 seconds of "soloing" Mick drops a "c'mon" to Chuck and the whole band moves to the "please to meet you..." refrain, relieving Keith from more struggle with his guitar neck.
"Thx mate" Keith must have said to himself... smoking smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 10, 2014 17:23

dcba
I think it's Mick watching after and covering Keith'ass (as he did so often in the past). Listen to SFTD from Tokyo III and it's obvious Keef struggles with the solo.

After 30-35 seconds of "soloing" Mick drops a "c'mon" to Chuck and the whole band moves to the "please to meet you..." refrain, relieving Keith from more struggle with his guitar neck. "Thanks, mate" Keith must have said to himself... smoking smiley

It's a sad irony that while Keith still insists on "soloing" on SFTD, one of the better guitarists of the rock era, Mick Taylor, sits idle backstage.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:10

TornAndFried
dcba

After 30-35 seconds of "soloing" Mick drops a "c'mon" to Chuck and the whole band moves to the "please to meet you..." refrain, relieving Keith from more struggle with his guitar neck. "Thanks, mate" Keith must have said to himself... smoking smiley

It's a sad irony that while Keith still insists on "soloing" on SFTD, one of the better guitarists of the rock era, Mick Taylor, sits idle backstage.

...I don't see any irony in there. Maybe if it were Taylor's solo (on the original record) in the first place; then it would be ironic.
And talking about (one of) "the better guitarists of the rock era": only ONE can be the very best, you see. And he's still doing great, yes indeedie. So no irony there either...

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:21

RoughJusticeOnYa
TornAndFried
dcba

And talking about (one of) "the better guitarists of the rock era": only ONE can be the very best, you see. And he's still doing great, yes indeedie. So no irony there either...

I'm guessing that perhaps you are referring to Jeff Beck here? He's the only great guitarist from that generation that is still doing great, IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 18:24 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:26

TornAndFried
dcba

There's always Ron Wood, who isn't that bad even at 66.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 10, 2014 19:47

Wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 00:17 by EJM.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:50

Why do people still think that there's no chemistry between them. They travel around the world together for months. Of course they all get along with each other otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:25

<<They travel around the world together for months.>>

They travel with bodyguards and a huge entourage, which creates a significant buffer zone--not to mention the fact that they each have separate dressing rooms at opposite ends of their encampment.

Then there's the fact of going out to dinner. You'd think that after all this "travel around the world together for months" they would at least sit down for a bite to eat at the same table, let alone the same establishment. But whenever more than one Stone goes out to a restaurant, it's either Mick and Ronnie and Charlie or Keith and Ronnie and Charlie--but since, well, Life was published, there doesn't seem to exist one single photograph of Mick and Keith in an off-stage social moment. Not like the old days, at all. And how about that photo from 1990 with Mick and Keith sharing a laugh on the tour plane? You won't see photos like the one below being snapped from this tour....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:32

Mick Jagger is too busy with his own stage act to stop for a split second doing duets with Keith to please the fans. That is the plain truth. Some times I try to make a picture of Mick and it is ... impossible! Only when they hook an acoustic guitar to him and he is doing a slow song, then he stand still. But then he does it up front and not next to Keith.

We do all have these romantic dreams about Mick and Keith sharing the microphone. There was this amazing TAKRL bootleg called SUMMER ROMANCE with that image on the cover. I remember the day I got it. I loved it. But these days they are mostly in their own spots. Keith in front of Charlie, some times next to Darryl. Ronnie some times over to Keith or Darryl. Mick is in duet with Taylor on Rambler. And sure we do see Mick Jagger and Keith together on stage, also these days, at every show, but not really like this bootleg cover is indicating...

Bjornulf

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:12

and
Charlie Watts

grinning smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:47

Well, I just think people reading to much into things like not sharing a mic or something. I remember radio interviews before the Glastonbury and Hyde Park shows with Keith and he was saying that he had some chats on the phone (because he was at Redlands) with Mick about the setlist and stuff so there's plenty of proof of good chemistry. Remember the YouTube video of she so cold where they did the announcements of the Abu Dhabi show and Keith was cracking up Mick?
Being rehearsals together for two weeks should be painful if you can't stand each other.
We are all guessing in the dark here of course but as long as there is no clear evidence of them not getting along I would say they are.
And if nothing else, it is still a great marketing tool to make people think that there's that never ending friction!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 11, 2014 07:05

no smooch? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 11, 2014 08:27

They're 70 years old. It takes too much precious energy to sidle up to each other, let alone fly up to microphones and sing together. Look, Keith has really struggled this go round with just playing at a competent level. It's all up to Mick to create most of the energy the crowd expects at a Stones concert. Mick & Keith work together. The days of debauched chumminess, joined at the hip, are decades ago.

It seems their interests went separate ways in the early 70s. If they had successful solo careers and didn't need the band, they might not hang out at all. It's not like they even have the intimacy of writing songs together. Just enjoy the Greatest Hits tour if you're still into it, and don't expect much interaction. They're not twins anymore and haven't been since Reagan and Thatcher ruled. If you still want to see them just be glad they can even give this much.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 11, 2014 08:32

24FPS
They're 70 years old. It takes too much precious energy to sidle up to each other, let alone fly up to microphones and sing together. Look, Keith has really struggled this go round with just playing at a competent level. It's all up to Mick to create most of the energy the crowd expects at a Stones concert. Mick & Keith work together. The days of debauched chumminess, joined at the hip, are decades ago.

It seems their interests went separate ways in the early 70s. If they had successful solo careers and didn't need the band, they might not hang out at all. It's not like they even have the intimacy of writing songs together. Just enjoy the Greatest Hits tour if you're still into it, and don't expect much interaction. They're not twins anymore and haven't been since Reagan and Thatcher ruled. If you still want to see them just be glad they can even give this much.
thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:17

Not like back in these days (the things you find on Tumblr!):

Jerry, Jade, Keith, Marlon, and Mick in a bathtub in 1979. Apparently.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 11, 2014 10:41

They have interaction between them all the time on stage, it's called the music.

Date: March 11, 2014 11:02

The video after the Superbowl-performance was pretty revealing, imo.

Even though it probably was staged to some extent, the video showed two guys, walking together from the arena talking about the show - still high on adrenaline.

That video tells me all I need to know. They are still band mates. They don't have to be best friends anymore.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:25

DandelionPowderman
The video after the Superbowl-performance was pretty revealing, imo.

Even though it probably was staged to some extent, the video showed two guys, walking together from the arena talking about the show - still high on adrenaline.

That video tells me all I need to know. They are still band mates. They don't have to be best friends anymore.

It's a well known fact that the interaction between them changed dramatically when Keith quit heroine, before that Jagger had 100% control of everything so it was psychologically easier for both of them I guess, but when Keith was clean he wanted to have more control of everything and he became more independent person and then there started to be serious problems between them, two powerful egos... It's always a difficult situation, in any band or even in any office work. I'm glad Keith stopped using heroine though...Of course he started to drink heavily and that wasn't a good thing either.

When they were younger in 60s, their egos were not so big yet, they were young lads having fun... so then it was easier for them to be friends, people often change when they become older and it can be harder to be friends anymore.

But they can still work together and musically interact very well with each other. Charlie and Ronnie have helped to keep the band together, we should be really grateful to them!!!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 11, 2014 13:21

Never seen that picture, Aquamarine. Nice! Is that really Jerry Hal?

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 14:32

I confirm my opinion about Macau . The interaction was very poor, almost nothing. The glimmer twins Are not friends , they respect each other and carry on together but that 's it. I am not surprised about that, relationships Are bad since many years and after keith's book, even worse. If i was mick i
Would exactly feel like he feels

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home