Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question for German Fans
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:27

There are four rumored shows for Germany -- Hamburg, Berlin, Munich & Cologne. Granted schedules have to line up right, and the shows have to happen, but a friend of mine and I are planning on possbily doing two shows. Surprisingly our wives are letting us do it! Whcih two cities would you recommend to visit, not just for Mick, but overall? I've been to Munich before.

Danke für Ihre Hilfe!

Re: Question for German Fans
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:34

Berlin is one of the coolest cities in the world so definitely that one. And I'd say Hamburg. It's got a great rock'n'roll history.

If it was winter I'd say go to Cologne as the Christmas Market there is knock out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 16:45 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:36

They´re all special - I really like Cologne (Köln), but Hamburg is also great. I will go to Hamburg and Cologne - they both have a rich history, interesting places and much stuff to see. Although Berlin and Munich aren´t bad. But Cologne and Hamburg are my favourites - so I think you should visit these cities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 15:36 by Kaisan.

Date: March 4, 2014 15:45

Thanks guys. My thought is that I pretty much can't go wrong with any of them. My visit to Germany in 2008 was life changing -- I loved it. I studied German but, like anything you don't use, you end up rusty. At one point a few years ago my wife interviewed for a job that would have relocated us from the US to Marburg -- I was ready to go!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:56

I think these four cities are all beautiful. I really like Munich because of the good beer. But all other cities are special too.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:05

An overview from Wikipedia:

Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:13

Berlin audiences are 1st class

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:15

Since I live 20 mins away from Hamburg I would choose that one winking smiley
Hamburg is also a great city where you can see a lot. smiling smiley

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:04

Hamburg + Berlin. That also enables you to see the band in the two best German arenas.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:15

maradona
Hamburg + Berlin. That also enables you to see the band in the two best German arenas.

Maradona is right.... These Arenas are really great.

My guess is that Munich will get an outdoor Show at the Olympic Stadium. So if you want to see a Stadium and an Arena Show, you should combine Munich with Hamburg or Berlin. That`s what I plan to do....

But before planning the trip we should wait for the official announcement smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:30

If the Stones are the main reason for coming but sightseeing is second you should chose Cities with indoors shows. The stage they are using for outdoors shows + Tokyo sucks. The tongue pit thing is 10x better. Read other reports about the stage, catwalk etc.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:52

Hamburg is a port city has some cool Beatles stuff, like the club they played, statues in their very own Beatlesplatz.

Berlin is one of the top European destinations, well worth a visit.

I haven't been to Cologne but I found cheaper concert tickets over the years.

Munich is as well very touristic and the city center looks great with all the old buildings.

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: March 4, 2014 18:14

I'd like to avoid a stadium, if possible, but everything will be determined by their schedule. I'm hoping they may play a slightly longer show in the arenas.

I'll have to start brushing up on my German.

Thanks for the opinions guys!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:29

If you have been to München before - choose Hamburg and Berlin!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 4, 2014 21:44

Berlin and Munich

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 4, 2014 21:58

fahthree
I'd like to avoid a stadium, if possible, but everything will be determined by their schedule. I'm hoping they may play a slightly longer show in the arenas.

I'll have to start brushing up on my German.

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I guess munich will be a stadium show. The only arena there is the Olympiahalle which has a capacity of maybe 13.000 with a stage layout like the stones currently use. I think thats to small considering germany is one of their strongest markets and wconomy is pretty good there.
In berlin, cologne and hamburg modern arenas with a capacity of around 20.000 are available.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 4, 2014 22:14

Germany will be my favorite - linked together with a good visit in one or two HofBrauhauses. Probably Munich and Berlin.

[www.hofbraeuhaus.de]

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 22:51

Cologne,
because a great sound in lanxess arena for 16.000 people and a nice town to visit.

Munich,
Olympiastadion (open air) for 60.000 or Olympiahalle for 14.000 people. Both are wonderful places for concert in summer in a nice town.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 22:55 by satisfaction2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home