Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

First 2 albums
Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 16, 2005 18:16

Just digging out the cds from the beginning, to eventually be played chronologically as I do every couple years. ENH is so raw (the chaos & aggression of their I Just Want to Make Love to You), so in your face, & with a great, rushing, statement of purpose out of the gate (Not Fade Away) & those marvelous Chess-like fades (cf "Bo Diddley"), all echo & Jerome Green-like sizzle...12 x 5 is a quantum leap in record-making ability & authority - the huge sound, & apocalyptic guitars near end of Its All Over Now, Brian & Keith at their jabbing, weaving peak there & on Confessin the Blues, now nicely in stereo, atop a great Chicago-style rhythm section - and Stu's exquisite piano a joy on CTB & on Around & Around...Keith's wailing bv's on Empty Heart...30 years w/ these discs & they still sound as vital, explosive & utterly confident as ever - I even dig the faux-Everlys "Congratulations" and of course heading for the finish line w/ a passionate "If You Need Me & the ferocious 1:50 Suzie Q - dig those handclaps mixed up at the end as the band fades....True jungle music.

Re: First 2 albums
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 16, 2005 19:07

Nice to hear somebody say something positive about the band. All this 'whining' about tickets, what a bunch of baby's. I agree with you on the albums. I think this tour should be done with music from the first 3 myself.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: May 16, 2005 19:45

hey John! nice to read your posts again...
DR

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 16, 2005 20:16

I like to go back and listen to all of the "old" stuff. I feel it gets over-shadowed by the "Jimmy Miller" discs. I love the blues and soul stuff that was going on then. After learning that it was Keith that played most of the great solos and rythm, I developed a new appreciation for these discs

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 16, 2005 21:33

I love Brian's harp and backing vocal on "Empty Heart". I hope the Stones do alot of tunes from their new album this tour, and also Black n Blue, Goat's Head Soup, and Their Satanic Majesties Request.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 16, 2005 22:03

>> true jungle music <<

~*YEAH!*~

thank you John R - yeah it sure is! i love the early albums - how unearthly *good* this handful of skinny English cats is, and how they love this music! listen to the hormones and attitude they infused it with, listen to how fine and sure they are, and at such an outlandishly early age - smile, no wonder there's no stopping these cats.

"the energy the Rolling Stones generate is incredible and gives everybody courage for years and years and years." - Giorgio Gomelsky

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 16, 2005 22:36

Around & 'round would suit perfectly with the - seemingly - new rockier & even more rollier attitude... From 1964 (1st recorded in -62, in fact the very 1st song ever recorded by the Stones) and The Rolling Stones/12*5
(Chuck Berry)
They say the joint was rockin'
Goin' round and round
Yeah reelin' and a-rockin'
What a crazy sound
And they never stopped rockin'
Till the moon went down - - -

A cover block with A & 'r; She Said Yeah (Roderick/Christy/Jackson) from December´s Children 1965, That´s How Strong My Love Is (Jamison) from Out Of Our Heads 1965, Time Is On Our Side (Meade) from 12 * 5 1964/1965, If You Need Me (Bateman-Pickett) from Five By Five /12*5 1964 plus Little Red Rooster Single/The Rolling Stones Now from 1964/1965 & Little Queenie (Berry) recorded in 1962, studio version never released... now t h a t would be something...
- ......Ok, now I have switched to wishes for the tour again, but whatever, when I am on that trail... Why not some own, old, half-forgotten material like Blue Turns To Grey from December´s Children (one of Bill´s favorites), Tell Me (You´re Coming Back) from the 1964 single (in fact the first song ever released by the Stones), Heart Of Stone from The Rolling Stones - Now! (first recorded in 1964, relased on LP in US 1965, on Metamorhposis 1970) - This block could be completed with the little later Jiving Sister Fanny from 1969. I could go on for the rest of the night and a good part of tomorrow but I won´t take up your time nor Keith´s space here...
[Thank to Keno´s Rolling Stones Lyrics Page for dates & facts [www.keno.org] }

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 17, 2005 00:34

Baboon Bro, Jivin Sister F would be so terrific!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home