Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TicketMaster Sucks
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:17

I talked to them yesterday and they told me Stones tickets for Fenway would go on sale at Tower Records near my place and I went there and they did not have tickets. Now every number at Ticketmaster doesn't work and you can't purchase them online because it says no available. Why is this so difficult.

Re: TicketMaster Sucks
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:20

There we go again. It's what I just described here:
[iorr.org]

Date: May 14, 2005 17:25

I hear you. I can't be excited for the tour until I have my tickets in hand. Right now I am a big ball of stress. I may end up at the pub sipping Gunniesses by noon if I can't get my tickets.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:25

there is only one!!!!! ticket available at tm

c2 row 23 for $453!!!!

what the hell are they doing?

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:27

Ticketmaster's phone was busy, so was the web site, I finally got in on the website and scored 2 tix to Charlotte @ $160.00 each.

Date: May 14, 2005 17:31

Guess: You will end up sipping Guiness there if you manage to get them as well right? LOL.

Serious, I'm awfully glad we'll have to wait till December or so over here in Europe because I have other things on my mind than that right now. Also had a lot of unexpected expenses of late. $453 dollars for a row 23, bloody hell, what a joke. I wouldn't pay that, cause it wouldn't be realistic. And unexplainable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-14 17:33 by Limbostone.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:31

Sam Spade ...you win ...it is a brand new arena ...the Stones will break shitty on that virgin

Date: May 14, 2005 17:36

At this point I am thinking about joining the fan club and holding on to my code for a possible theater show and if I can't get that I will not use my code and get my refund. I don't like how they are being sneaky about announcing smaller venues.

And Limbostone, yes it seems as if either way I will end up at the pub at some point today.

Date: May 14, 2005 17:39

I also saw the "break in" Panther Stadium on the B2B tour, no other concert has been held there since.

Saw then at the Hive on the No Security tour

I saw them on the Licks Tour at Madison Square Garden

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:42

Ticket Master is not selling the Charlotte tickets...the new arena is. I wish Ticket Master was. I would have been able to get thru sooner as they have more lines.

Looks like Charlotte is sold out.

Date: May 14, 2005 17:45

Yes, Tix for Charlotte were sold thru the Arena's website. Looks like Charlotte SOLD OUT in 20 minutes.

Date: May 14, 2005 17:47

Sam Spade Iwas in Ericcson for the B2B tour 3rd row ...what a great concert...Don't worry...the stones are going to play Miami Feb 4 with added venues as well ...you will get more chances ...the ticket system is so corrupt that I think Nixon as performed some kind of poltergeist...

Date: May 14, 2005 17:49

TICKETGATE!!!!!

Date: May 14, 2005 17:52

Chris Fountain...yeah, B2B was a great show on a hot muggy Friday night...I remember Mick saying how they forze their balls off in Boston.

If they play Madison Square Garden on this tour I plan on going there to see them too.

Saw them in '72 '75 and '02 in The Garden.

Date: May 14, 2005 18:01

Sam ..to be honest my favorite concert was the 1975 show in Greensboro... we had extra tickets and the only barter was drugs. Yeah folks were actually offering acid!!

Getting in the venue was hell as well...glass entry doors were shattered ...

The concert itself was fantastic ...man Keith was not looking right ...neither was the entire band ...they pulled it off ...

In the annuals of Rolling Stones history ..the G-boro concert paralells Altamonte

Date: May 14, 2005 18:10

Just checked tix for Charlotte are still available....$350.00 seats in 105 and 106

Saw some for $160.00 in Section 103

Date: May 14, 2005 18:17

Go for it!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 14, 2005 18:51

$450 is nothing, look what they ask here:

[www.frontrowtickets.com]

- Koen.

Date: May 14, 2005 19:04

@#$%& criminals.

$280 for a 'possible partial view'.

I mean, how hard can it be to bring these sellers-on to court?

Hey, let's spend 3500 on a seat!

Date: May 14, 2005 19:18

Well I give up. I am not paying over $300 for a seat where I may not even be able to see the stage. All the phone lines are shut down at Ticketmaster.

Date: May 14, 2005 19:21

Cheers!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 14, 2005 19:55

Remember all seats are "side by side" unless noted.

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: May 14, 2005 19:56

All this $$$$ takes the fun out of seeing them. Is it even worth it?

Date: May 16, 2005 18:36

Well because of my troubles with getting tickets I said screw it and joined the fan club, however I will not use my code for anything but a theater show, if I can't get tickets for that I will just get my refund.

Limbostone, I did enjoy quite a few Guinnesses on Saturday and they were tasty.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 16, 2005 18:50

I must have been very lucky, I got 7th row for Calgary at a criminal price, but at least CAD from ticket master and a quite good seat for Anaheim lower terrace.
I do know that this is ot the best for Anaheim, but I count more on the arena shows. If you have to pay that much at lease you are closer anyway.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 16, 2005 19:24

Hound Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At this point I am thinking about joining the fan
> club and holding on to my code for a possible
> theater show and if I can't get that I will not
> use my code and get my refund. I don't like how
> they are being sneaky about announcing smaller
> venues.
>
> And Limbostone, yes it seems as if either way I
> will end up at the pub at some point today.
>
> Gonna find my way to heaven, cause I did my time
> in hell

exactly what iam doing

Date: May 16, 2005 22:29

Chris Fountain, what about that Greensboro '75 concert compares it with Altamont? in what way, just curious? I saw that G'boro show, just remember it was right after seeing the Faces, also in G'boro...then Ronnie was still learning the show, I remember they played "Wild Horses" totally electric, and RW clearly hadn't learned the song! also the theatrics...Jagger swinging out over the audience...
you from Charlotte?
DR

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: May 17, 2005 00:05

My favorite memory of the Greensboro show, in addition to getting a fine seat for less than $10 if I remember correctly, is seeing someone heaving an empty pint bottle at Bill Wyman, he very cooly bending down, picking it up, setting it on an amp case behind him, and getting back to playing. I forget what song they were playing when this happened.

"Old Grandpa" was also cool.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 17, 2005 00:13

Many full-body hits on Rocks Off-board; couldnt resist showing user Billy´s own signature...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home