Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tour Stage-14 On fire
Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:31

What is going on with this stage. from the videos I have seen from Abu dhabi it looks silly with the giant screen. To quote the kids out there "WTF"?

Re: Tour Stage-14 On fire
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:43

I just got back from AD and I think it's not a good choice; it will not help sell more tickets. At the same time it will probably not stop people from buying tickets who wanted to go anyway... I guess some on iorr who had their doubts about going that far away have another (no Silver Train) argument to stay home.

What's good news to me is that KR looks a lot better! Both on stage and backstage he has a very strong and confident look in his eyes again. I'm just back for a couple of hours so I have to look at the pics on IORR but I hope it's visible that he is in a better shape compared to Hyde Park.
The show? Sometimes better but not 100% yet smoking smiley

Anyway; go and see them while you can...
And keep your eyes and ears open when you're in Japan for you know what kind of news in the next few days...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:47

Best stage in ages.

No towers, blade runner set, bridges, dragons, etc.

Simple and elegant.

C

Date: February 26, 2014 17:58

I think the 50 and counting stage was really a very good concept.
This stage...no. And it's also too high! It absolutely creates too much distance from the fans; who would want that??

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:06

Of course if it is too high, this is a mistake.

But that aside, it looks great!

50 and counting was good too, but since one noted that it looked like a toilet, I can't seem to take it serious any more

C

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:32

I already said it before and I still say it now: the stage is TERRIBLE !!!

I will not put my pictures here, my friends already put pictures of the horrible view.

I couldn't enjoy the show. I arrived front of the doors of the DU Arena at 10 am and I entered in the PIT the first. I chose the best spot for me: in the catwalk, 2 meters away from the front row, exactly like I was in Hyde Park. In Hyde Park, the stage was already high in my opinion. I had to jump to see the fans on the other side of the catwalk. But I had a perfect view of all the members in the stage.

In Abu Dhabi, I couldn't see anything. I saw Ronnie 30 seconds maximum. I saw the hair of Charlie and I didn't see Bernard, Chuck and Lisa.

I was so angry during the show that I didn't/couldn't enjoy... The show was good and the energy was good too. But the stage ruined my show.

I know now that if they come to Stade de France in Paris, I'm not going.

I miss the tongue pit sad smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:41

Mark Fisher is sorely missed that's for sure.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:42

Dreamer
What's good news to me is that KR looks a lot better! Both on stage and backstage he has a very strong and confident look in his eyes again. I'm just back for a couple of hours so I have to look at the pics on IORR but I hope it's visible that he is in a better shape compared to Hyde Park.

And keep your eyes and ears open when you're in Japan for you know what kind of news in the next few days...

1. Keith - yes, that was pretty obvious from that paparazzi vid in Paris were he walked from his car to the G5 hotel, he looked more "alert" than he did last year. Somehow the "glazed" look that worried me at the Trabendo is not visible in the current pics either (photo by Toru A) :

2. News? European tour announcement but why specifically if you're in Japan?

As for the stage...well it's best not to comment on it after the terrific "50th stage"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 18:43 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:58

Dreamer
I hope it's visible that he is in a better shape compared to Hyde Park.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Keith at HP.

Date: February 26, 2014 19:47

He was fit enough to be running (3:34).

I think the video speaks for itself:

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 26, 2014 20:07

Dreamer

The 50 & Counting Stage was only good for the people in the tongue pit. From what I saw; Mick, Keith & Ronnie used the catwalk not as much. Maybe together only 10 minutes of the whole concert.

Date: February 26, 2014 22:02

Ladykiller
Dreamer

The 50 & Counting Stage was only good for the people in the tongue pit. From what I saw; Mick, Keith & Ronnie used the catwalk not as much. Maybe together only 10 minutes of the whole concert.

This stage is much higher... Someone said the 50 & Counting looked like a toilet but this stage is really sh.t.

Date: February 26, 2014 22:04

gotdablouse
Dreamer

1. Keith - yes, that was pretty obvious from that paparazzi vid in Paris were he walked from his car to the G5 hotel, he looked more "alert" than he did last year. Somehow the "glazed" look that worried me at the Trabendo is not visible in the current pics either (photo by Toru A) :

2. News? European tour announcement but why specifically if you're in Japan?

As for the stage...well it's best not to comment on it after the terrific "50th stage"...

he looked more "alert" than he did last year
Exactly!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 26, 2014 22:42

any reports on stage height and view from front rows for Tokyo ?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 26, 2014 23:01

So far we have only seen the large stage with the catwalk. It does not seem that much higher to me then the stage at Hyde Park, though I agree visually it's a let down. Still , we should be there for the band, not the stage.

I will be interested to see what happens at the indoor shows. Specifically it will be interesting to see what happens with all those shows that have been sold with a seat map resembling the Tongue Pit Stage , and have sold tickets at horrendous prices that say VIP TONGUE PIT PACKAGE on the receipt but merely Arena Floor on the ticket.

Date: February 26, 2014 23:05

I'm also concerned about my VIP Diamond package. Very, very, expensive for front row seat. Will be pissed if it's obstructed as reports from AD have shown.
Some have not seen Keith or Ron, only tips of heads.
Can we get refunds if view is restricted on these seats sold as the best in the venue ?

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 26, 2014 23:09

kahoosier
So far we have only seen the large stage with the catwalk. It does not seem that much higher to me then the stage at Hyde Park, though I agree visually it's a let down. Still , we should be there for the band, not the stage.

We are here to see the band? YES. But with a stage that high (3 meters), we didn't see the band... I told it before, with the best spot in the PIT, I didn't see Ronnie, Charlie, Lisa, Bernard and Chuck. Do you think that normal? By the way, I paid my ticket 800 euros.

And I was in Hyde Park and Abu Dhabi. The stage was much higher in Abu Dhabi.

Benjamin.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: February 26, 2014 23:27

I totally agree with benstones ( Hi Benjamin!), the stage was higher than at Hyde Park. I was in Abu Dhabi, in the pit, close to the fence of the golden circle to get a wide view on the stage: I never saw Bernard or Chuck, Lisa only when she came on the catwalk. Keith and Ronnie spent most of time close to Charlie or on the main stage, in the rear part.
Usually, in the pit, when the show starts, people rush forwards.This time I had the feeling people went backwards. It was really packed in the "bottom" of the pit.
Couldn't really enjoy the quality of the show.

Date: February 26, 2014 23:35

As much as I like being positive about how KR looks now compared to last summer the stage really is terrible. rubyT & benstones are absolutely right that it's higher than HP. When close to the fence you can't see anything that's going on between them.
I hope for all it will not stay like this!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 26, 2014 23:52

Hopefully the height gets better for the fans.

As far as stage looks. I like it low-key.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: February 27, 2014 00:59

After the 50 and Counting stage, followed by the Hyde Park Stage, this new set-up comes a lowly 3rd placing for me. Shame

But its really about whats happening on the stage ain't it.

\m/

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 27, 2014 01:47

50 And Counting stage

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 27, 2014 01:48

Haven't seen any stage photos yet of 14 On Fire.

Date: February 27, 2014 04:53

Any reports from fans on what sight lines were like from the front row areas for Tokyo show ?
Was the view restricted like Abu Dhabi ?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 27, 2014 13:59

The stage in AD was too d*$&% high! I wasted nearly a grand for stretching my neck out of whack. Reminds me of Brno...why spend that amount of money when you can't see the action 'live'??

Am looking forward to SGP...at least the stage won't be 3m high for those up front.

Date: February 27, 2014 14:59

GasLightStreet
Haven't seen any stage photos yet of 14 On Fire.

Neither have the people with the golden tickets, apparently smiling smiley

Photo: latvianinexile

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 27, 2014 15:31

i think first level on keith's side or ronnie's side would be the right seats .

Date: February 27, 2014 17:03

Underneath the camera man? winking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: March 1, 2014 11:21

I didn't like this new stage when I first saw the photos of it - it thought it looked a bit cheap and basic. But it is actually growing on me. And it is certainly better than the horrible stage that was used in Australia and South America for A Bigger Bang - I just had a look at some video as from the Sydney show and that stage was dreadful......and the lighting was terrible too - very dark and dull. What do other people think?

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 1, 2014 11:34

That ABB stage was their worst ever,boring to be honest.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home