Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger - The Man
Date: March 20, 2014 00:05

All these years I have admired the Stones. From the first time I ever saw them as a 16 year old kid to the last time I saw them at the age of 48. Mick and the Boys were bigger than life. Nothing could stop them. Nothing seemed to phase them. And over the last few tours each time I went to see them for me it was out of respect thinking to myself they are pretty darn old and there is no way it will be as good as it was last time. And each time I was wrong. In fact some things just got better. When I saw them last summer as always the night before it was like Christmas Eve when I was a child. The excitement at times hard to hide. And when the show was over I was exhausted just from watching them. The Greatest Band Ever had just done it again. And most of them 70 years old or older. I love the Rolling Stones. The were always unstoppable.

But this for me the first time since I have been a fan I have seen them in a spot where there is saddness. And the last few days I have been reading all the news about Mick...etc..etc..and the way the other Band members and family are supporting him. Over the last few days Mick and the Stones became real people...real life flesh and blood. Not just super stars who have defied time but men with feelings.

And now more than ever I just realized how much I love thoss guys. The thought of Mick or any of them hurting makes me feel bad.

I think forever I will look at them different...and maybe more than ever just appreciate everything about them. And realize just how lucky we are thay have been doing what they do for so long.

I love you Mick and the Boys and words could never explain how much you have meant to me over the years.

I am sorry for your pain. Please take care of each other.

Re: Mick Jagger - The Man
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 20, 2014 00:12

MICK JAGGER IS THE MAN!!! HE HAS PROVEN IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Just what he did calming the situation at Altamont proved it.... that could have been a catastrophe. No one had ever been confronted by a potentially lethal dangerous situation like that before... and what did MICK THE MAN do? Mick calmed it down and moved forward is a masterful way... and Mick has gone on to show us how great he is over and over.

Had "someone else", a lessor man, been in charge at Altamont they might have stormed off the stage in a huff... and then a possible riot might have enused and maybe 100s of people might have been trampled to death

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 00:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 20, 2014 00:12

a thoughtful post with a good personal perspective.

Date: March 20, 2014 00:16

sorry for stepping in there duke,
I know you are replying the the original poster... and I agree with you.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 20, 2014 02:49

Max'sKansasCity
sorry for stepping in there duke,
I know you are replying the the original poster... and I agree with you.
cool, Max! Rough around here lately, eh?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 20, 2014 04:38

never thought of Altamont in this way.... now that I have, I disagree with your conclusion that he acted overly correct or for the sake of the audience. is this a common interpretation of the events?

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 05:35

Sorry but I always thought Mick looked and sounded rather silly and ineffectual at Altamont and that Keith was actually the only one that said anything controlling. If you cats don't quit it we're not gonna play said alot more than brothers and sisters please cool out and I still think they were both lucky not to have been beaten to a pulp that night.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2014 05:48

... the whole thing was on the edge of complete chaos .... Mick did extremely well....easy to criticize ... put yaself in the same situation

ROCKMAN

Date: March 20, 2014 06:57

Rockman
... the whole thing was on the edge of complete chaos .... Mick did extremely well....easy to criticize ... put yaself in the same situation
thumbs up
That is the way I always saw it. I always looked that and thought if the wrong person has been up there that whole situation could have turned into complete choas. If the band leaves the stage in a huff and doesnt play, well, we have seen what happens when that happens.

Mick did an amazing job of cooling people out at Altamont.

Bravo Mick Jagger, the best front man EVER!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home