Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and the Punk Rockers
Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: May 15, 2005 15:48

I read that Iggy Pop once supported the Stones in Detroit, when he was really stoned and wearing a dress, anyone know the date of this show?(was it Cabo hall 1975?) Is there a recording of it?. Also in the Stones chronicles it mentions Keith playing with the Dead Boys at
CBGB's in 1980 anyone have any more information about this, and the same question,is there a recording?

Also another Iggy related question, the Stooges will play in Luzern here in Switzerland in July, the tickets are about 80USD is this normal for him with the US gigs he has played recently?, seems obscenely expensive to me, I remember seeing him in the early eighties and paying the royal sum of 4 English pounds ,yikes smiling smiley

Re: Stones and the Punk Rockers
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 15, 2005 16:00

Ol´ James/Iggy may have become an Uncle Scrooge just like our men.
As I got it Iggys son is manager & maybe accountant as well... ?

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: May 16, 2005 02:00

I saw Iggy 3 years ago for about $40 (Pittsburgh, US). I thought that his Stooges Europe shows this year are festivals. Maybe that explains?

Anyway, if you can afford it, the price is well worth it. His show is incredible, one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. A much better deal than a Stones show for my money.

Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: May 16, 2005 02:05

Iggy news here. Great new compilation and DVD coming out. Playing at the Reading Festival w/ the Stooges.

[www.pitchforkmedia.com]

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 16, 2005 08:25

It was at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1981 that Iggy opened. He was followed by Santana.

The dress part...maybe... at some point I seem to remeber something like black leotards or even pantyhose with no undrwear...whatever it was, it was "out there." A true case of a profit with no honor in his hometown, Iggy was boo'ed. I remember peole throwing stuff at him, and I rember at one point a lot of hot dogs being in the air. Now my memorey of specifics of what was worn and what was thrown may be a bit hazy secondary to the passing of the years and the substances of choice that night, but the general attitude of disrespect is etched on my mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home