Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones stamps
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 20, 2014 13:07

Just got that ones from 2003 during the Vienna Lick tour show.
One set cancelled and one available

The previous Austrian stamps (1995 ?) are very expensive now.

it seems that some exotic stamps from eastern europe and africa exist too

[fr.depositphotos.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Rolling Stones stamps
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 20, 2014 13:18

Not really, still available
[onlineshop.post.at]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 20, 2014 13:39

If you buy 40 of 'em - would that be 40 licks? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: February 20, 2014 13:44

Silver Dagger

LOL. thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 20, 2014 13:57

MILKYWAY
Silver Dagger

LOL. thumbs up

+1

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 20, 2014 14:22

They should issue a set of "forever" stamps. Rolling Stones Forever. Perfect!

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: February 20, 2014 15:04

this came out in the UK a few years back.....

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 20, 2014 23:10

Harm
[onlineshop.post.at]

No you make a confusion. I said I JUST got the 2003
But the previous 1995 are rare now

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 20, 2014 23:18

How neat. I like the off-beat merch.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 23, 2014 22:07

Herald Sun ---- 24 Feb 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 23, 2014 22:56

Looks like the British are at it again. grinning smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 23, 2014 23:49

- Australia Post, September 2006.

The Aussies frequently have rock-themed stamps. The ones below are from January 2013.

Date: February 24, 2014 00:29

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2014 00:38

I used to collect stamps when I was about 10 years old, but when I was about 15 I discovered the Stones, so I began to collect records. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 24, 2014 01:45

I actually think stamp collecting is cool. I have tried to save certain stamps over the years, but I'm not organized enough to do it consistently.

The US Post Office did come out with the legends of rock and roll stamps a few decades ago. The Elvis stamp is by far the most popular.

Date: February 24, 2014 02:00

Good ole US also did stamps of Hank Williams an Robert Johnson ...
Have 'em somewhere but take a day ta find 'em ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:05

latebloomer
I actually think stamp collecting is cool. I have tried to save certain stamps over the years, but I'm not organized enough to do it consistently.

The US Post Office did come out with the legends of rock and roll stamps a few decades ago. The Elvis stamp is by far the most popular.

I remember when the Elvis stamp came out. My sister, for my mom, had the post office do the Return To Sender ink stamp on the envelope. Nice little memory. I think was a popular thing to do.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:45

latebloomer

Nowadays that 29-cent Elvis stamp will only get your letter returned to sender. You'd have to throw in one of those Otis Reddings for the postal service to show you some respect.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 24, 2014 16:57

toomuchforme
Harm
[onlineshop.post.at]

No you make a confusion. I said I JUST got the 2003
But the previous 1995 are rare now

Sorry, my mistake

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2014 18:00

Best investment in stamps these days seems to be the "forever stamp" at least it will go up in value (when they raise rates, it is always good for a letter).

At one time ( for some reason ) I bought a bunch of sheets of those Elvis stamps and some others... and now when I look on ebay they are for sale for less than I paid ( of course they are less, like that would work ) winking smiley

These days I buy the cool stamps released and just use them.... like for my Christams cards this year I used the Johnny Cash stamps... and that got some smiles from people.

My baby, she wrote me a letter....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 18:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2014 18:40

Max'sKansasCity

These days I buy the cool stamps released and just use them.... like for my Christams cards this year I used the Johnny Cash stamps... and that got some smiles from people.

I can understand that. I would smile too if someone sent me a Christmas card with a Johnny Cash stamp on the envelope. It's a nice gesture from you. smileys with beer

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2014 18:50

Cristiano Radtke
Max'sKansasCity

I can understand that. I would smile too if someone sent me a Christmas card with a Johnny Cash stamp on the envelope. It's a nice gesture from you. smileys with beer
Thanks Friend cool smiley

Date: April 9, 2014 03:21

Jimi Hendrix gets his own 'Forever' stamp

Jimi Hendrix fans have something to celebrate.

The U.S. Postal service released an limited-edition Forever stamp Thursday featuring the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer.

The stamp comes out decades after the musician died in 1970, when a stamp cost just 6 cents. Today, one costs 49 cents.

It is designed to resemble a vintage 45 rpm record sleeve and shows Hendrix wearing one of his trademark military jackets and playing a guitar.

"Jimi Hendrix helped found three new genres of music — heavy metal, jazz fusion and funk — and in doing so, left behind an indelible mark on pop music and popular culture generally," said Joseph Corbett, CFO and executive vice president at the postal service, in a release.

The stamp will be unveiled at the SXSW conference Thursday with a concert including celebrity guitarists like Guns N' Roses' Slash and Robby Krieger of the Doors.

Last year, the Postal Service honored other musicians such as Johnny Cash, Ray Charles and Lydia Mendoza as part of its new music icons series. Janis Joplin is expected to be added to the list this year.

The agency is hopeful that excitement over the musician series might get more people to buy stamps as it grapples with deep financial problems and looks to find new revenue streams.

"The popularity of the music series demonstrates that there's still a considerable interest in stamps and stamp collecting," said spokesman Roy Betts.

[money.cnn.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home