Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Pussy Riot gig in Sotji interfered by cossacks
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 20, 2014 23:11

HERALD SUN -- 21 Feb 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 20, 2014 23:33

Erik_Snow
Happy24
Well, the reaction is not appropriate of course, but well,how much of their "art" is about purposely provoking this kind of reaction in order to attract attention? If they were not in Russa, they would not get this kind of reaction and nobody would ever hear about them. But I don't really know anything about them, since I don't care, so I don't want to judge neither side. I don't want to get political (which is pretty much impossible in this case), it is just that I am not very fond of this kind of "bravery," where the main motive might be just the media attention itself. I don't know.
On a more technical note - is it appropriate to call it a concert? The audience were those ten or so policemen and a number of people I could count on my fingers who were taking pictures and video with their cell phones.

If they want attention? Writing "bravery" in quotation marks? Are you serious?
"The main motive might be media attention itself" ?
I take it that you don't know much about what takes place over there or what this "band" does and have only seen that youtube clip? And that you don't know much about the the world in general? You don't have to confirm.

They are brave to do what they do and let the world see what kind of censorship and discrimination people have to put up with. It's about human rights, which is something way more than "politics" that DP wrote above.
Having to spend years in prison for saying bad things about Putin, and people being officially discriminated and beaten up in the streets for being lesbian/gay seems like something from the 1800s, yet this is what happens in Russia 2014.

edit: yes I know I edited it 5 times, I don't want to get banned for being "political" here so I have to weigh my words

Well said!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:30

Tolokonnikova must be a burden for Putin though. And she can't just disappear like so many other dissidents. There is to much international media attention for that.
There is some Stones connection to this or at least to three Stones songs I can think of: Streetfighting Man (women?), When the Whip Comes Down and Play With Fire...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:37

Deltics
ChrisM
TheGreek
stupid if you ask me . dont they know that is gonna get what they got ?all about attention .well the girls got it !
That was the purpose I think. To get attention and to show the world that this is what life in Russia can be like. This clip will almost certainly end up in of their videos, hence no ampflication.

You beat me to it Deltics. That didn't take long...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:41

Now if the Cossaks could walk on the Femen movement now... thumbs up
I'm tired of seeing these broads flashing their tits in European churches and I'm tired of seeing them "analysing" (ahem) the Ukrainian riots each time I turn my TV on (I'm in Europe).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 00:49 by dcba.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:53

This site amazes me sometimes, and not in a good way.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 21, 2014 05:54

they were cruisin' for a bruising'......in many places they'd get arrested just for hiding behind those hideous ski masks! smoking smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 21, 2014 06:39

kleermaker
Send It To me
Tyrants need to go. Putin is a vile human being. God bless Pussy Riot.

I think the last thing they want is being blessed by anyone.

I'd say so…based on their performance in the church.

They are speaking what need to be spoken….good for them.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home