Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Well I am 60+
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:17

I followed the Stones, but what about the kinks, hollies, Animals, ... Something new?

Re: Well I am 60+
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:19

Havo
Well I am 60+

Congratulations smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:21

Well, it appears that you're definitely young at heart!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:28

And lets thank the Stones for making us all feel forever young whenever we feel like it.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:29

Havo
I followed the Stones, but what about the kinks, hollies, Animals, ... Something new?

Congratulations!!! I am about to turn 59. I have followed the Stones since first seeing them in Philadelphia in 1969. It's amazing to grow old listening to their music as they grew old, what's more amazing is to discover good people like you guys on this site that love the Stones as well. Again congratulations and many happy returns of the day!!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:30

Well I am 60+

Good job, I think that is the objective.

Keep breathing folks...

Keep breathing... and thinking... and walking... andtalking... and rocking... and rolling... and drinking... and partying... AND HAVING FUN!!!! CUZ FUN IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE!!!

STONES!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:40

Max'sKansasCity
Well I am 60+

Keep breathing folks...

Keep breathing... and thinking... and walking... andtalking... and rocking... and rolling... and drinking... and partying... AND HAVING FUN!!!! CUZ FUN IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE!!!

STONES!!

You forgot ... and fu<king.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 4, 2014 21:29

Within another 2 weeks it's my turn too confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 22:37 by NICOS.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: February 4, 2014 22:24

Welcome to the club.
I still enjoy music in all its forms don't go as often these days but I was out on Saturday night and there was a live covers band playing and it brought back lots of good memories,oddly they opened up with Oasis's Rock and Roll Star and the singer sounded more like Liam than Liam himself or was it age playing tricks.
Whatever the reason Enjoy being 60

Date: February 4, 2014 22:39

'54 is a good year...didn't Rock and Roll started in '54

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:09

Havo

You do realize that more than 40 years have passed since these bands started? I'm sure there is something new smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:31

I hate those 60+ who saw the Stones in the 60's with Brian Jones. Well I don't hate them because they are older than me so they have to sit down at shows... Ha ha. Joke... I have friends who do not have to sit down and still saw the Stones with Brian. Can't hate them, love them but most of them don't remember much from the shows exceept for creaming and noise for 25 minutes.

I did actually have a Hollies ticket for their show last year in Oslo, but then there was another band who went on tour so I could not go. RS...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:45

60 and Counting, eh?!

I'd say just keep following The Rolling Stones...
why mess with a good thing.
If its worked thus far, then it will work far thus.
cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:49

kleermaker
Max'sKansasCity
Well I am 60+

Keep breathing folks...

STONES!!

You forgot ... and fu<king.

you gotta hand it to, yourself.

Date: February 4, 2014 23:50

OH, and congratulations Havo!

Date: February 4, 2014 23:52

love them but most of them don't remember much from the shows except for creaming and noise for 25 minutes.

I saw a lot of bands in the early 70's and local bands in my neighbourhood in the 60's ...but I can't remember the set list actually not even the songs they played from '73 Rotterdam I only remember they played "Midnight Rambler"

Date: February 4, 2014 23:54

NICOS
love them but most of them don't remember much from the shows except for creaming and noise for 25 minutes.

I saw a lot of bands in the early 70's and local bands in my neighbourhood in the 60's ...but I can't remember the set list actually not even the songs they played from '73 Rotterdam I only remember they played "Midnight Rambler"

I for one didn't know creaming could get that loud....maybe I should get out more.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 5, 2014 00:20

I turned 60 three years ago! BUT . . . I still clearly remember the Stones' shows from '66 and '69, even some of the comments between songs. I also have clear memories of many of the shows by other bands from back in the day. Who knows why? As Keith says, "Nice to be here . . . nice to be anywhere."

Date: February 5, 2014 00:39

O yeah my memories are clear....buying the ticket, driving to the concert buying bootleg records buying the program the seat I was sitting Mick throwing water.... the slamming of his belt on the stage etc. etc. but not all of the songs confused smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 5, 2014 00:41

To be fair Im not even near 60 but getting older dowsnt mean we cant enjoy the lifestyle

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2014 02:49

...Ya only as old as the one your feeling up ............ heehaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: February 5, 2014 08:34

61 today .....I also remember the 60's & 70's like they were yesterday. My problem is I can't remember yesterday! I wouldn't trade growing up with the music of my generation for anything.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 5, 2014 10:27

Koen
Havo

You do realize that more than 40 years have passed since these bands started?

More than 50 years.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 5, 2014 11:20

Welcome to the club, Havo!

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: February 5, 2014 13:14

congrats !! Enjoy yourself !

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: February 5, 2014 15:13

DaveG
I turned 60 three years ago! BUT . . . I still clearly remember the Stones' shows from '66 and '69, even some of the comments between songs.

Which show/s did you see in '66 DaveG ?

Date: February 5, 2014 18:26

SilverBlanket
DaveG
I turned 60 three years ago! BUT . . . I still clearly remember the Stones' shows from '66 and '69, even some of the comments between songs.

Which show/s did you see in '66 DaveG ?

I saw the show at the Hollywood Bowl in July of '66.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 5, 2014 18:53

Welcome Havo! It feels better than I thought it would having turned 60 in May of last year. We create our own energy positive or negative. As long as our health is good is what is important. Enjoy life to the fullest. It would appear you are working on it.

The music of the Stones and other great bands helps keep the energy flow posiitve no matter what age you are.

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: February 7, 2014 00:29

DaveG
SilverBlanket
DaveG

Wow.Any recollections of the gig/set list/Brian?

Date: February 7, 2014 04:32

SilverBlanket
DaveG
SilverBlanket
DaveG

Wow.Any recollections of the gig/set list/Brian?

Yes, but I have shared them here before. I don't want to be redundant, but I do remember much. The setlist was almost identical to the one on the Got Live if You Want It LP. THe Stones' clothes were the same as well. I remember Brian playing the "electrified" dulcimer on Lady Jane, after Charlie stepped up to the microphone to introduce the song. Lots of screaming girls, a great deal of excitement. It was wild and fantastic. The opening acts were Buffalo Springfield, THe Standells, and The McCoys.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home