Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 22, 2014 19:09

MarthaTuesday
I'm on a very tight budget and Paris might be better (and probably cheaper) for me than Rome. Maybe I'll see about selling my Rome tickets and going to Paris instead. But then, I've been to Paris before and never visited Rome (or any of Italy). If things were different moneywise, I'd do both!

The Eternal City, c'mon! Rome sounds like your better option, notwithstanding possible sightline issues at Circus Maximus. Accommodation is cheap on AirBnB: I just booked 3 nights at a nice place near the Vatican for about $45/night. I don't think I'll ever stay in a hotel again.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2014 20:28

Sightline issues indeed, it's too bad they didn't replicate the T1/T2/T3 setup HP on this tour, in hindsight it was the "best of both worlds" really, giving the diehards a chance of being in front of the stage. With the "B-Stage catwalk" separation it's a pretty natural setup too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 22, 2014 20:57

DeanGoodman
The Eternal City, c'mon! Rome sounds like your better option, notwithstanding possible sightline issues at Circus Maximus. Accommodation is cheap on AirBnB: I just booked 3 nights at a nice place near the Vatican for about $45/night. I don't think I'll ever stay in a hotel again.

You know, I think I should check out AirBnB. Ive made a provisional hotel booking - but that price you got is really good. Wasn't sure about staying in a stranger's home - especially as there's two of us going to Rome (I'd be on my own for Paris so more flexible) - but certainly worth investigating.

Gotdablouse - Yes, it's a shame they can't do something like the Hyde Park set-up for Rome. Wouldn't make a difference for me as I don't do well in the heat (so won't be going early) but would nice for others with GA. I'm resigned to being further back. But did the same for Hyde Park and, whilst I'd love to be near the stage, I still had a fantastic time (and had more space to move around and dance!). Hoping will be the same for Rome.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:34

MarthaTuesday
MingSubu - It's so hard deciding! Especially since I shouldn't really be spending any money....shortly after buying the Rome tickets, I started panicking about the expenditure! My birthday's in early July so I'm trying to justify it as an early birthday treat... in fact, it's my 40th next year so I'm thinking of seeing a trip to Rome or Paris as a year early special birthday celebration - and I quite like the idea of celebrating my last year as a 30-something rather than turning 40!

Congratulations! Frankly, I can't imagine Rome being more expensive than Paris in late June. In 2006, I was having coffee in the lobby of the Four Seasons in Paris when everyone except Mick gathered to head to the show. That was a great experience so I checked the Four Seasons - 1400 Euro. I don't think I'll be staying there.

Anyway, one advantage to Paris is that if you don't have Golden Circle in Rome, it might be a little tough to see because of the venue. Paris is a stadium so seats in the stand will have a clear view of the stage. But, if you've never been to Rome or seen the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City. . . Tough call.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:38

drbryant
MarthaTuesday
MingSubu - It's so hard deciding! Especially since I shouldn't really be spending any money....shortly after buying the Rome tickets, I started panicking about the expenditure! My birthday's in early July so I'm trying to justify it as an early birthday treat... in fact, it's my 40th next year so I'm thinking of seeing a trip to Rome or Paris as a year early special birthday celebration - and I quite like the idea of celebrating my last year as a 30-something rather than turning 40!

Congratulations! Frankly, I can't imagine Rome being more expensive than Paris in late June. In 2006, I was having coffee in the lobby of the Four Seasons in Paris when everyone except Mick gathered to head to the show. That was a great experience so I checked the Four Seasons - 1400 Euro. I don't think I'll be staying there.

Anyway, one advantage to Paris is that if you don't have Golden Circle in Rome, it might be a little tough to see because of the venue. Paris is a stadium so seats in the stand will have a clear view of the stage. But, if you've never been to Rome or seen the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City. . . Tough call.

Funny I do the same - I'm actually turning 40 these days and vetoed any type of celebration/gift from the Mrs et all side. My scam is to but a ticket for Vienna/Paris/Madrid and present it as my B-day present (even though I would have bought it anyway).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 21:39 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:42

Sister Marie
Probably as complicated as looking for a cheap but good little hotel in London...

The best is for you to choose an hotel near the Gare du Nord, look here:

[www.budgetplaces.com]

Choose carefully the best rated on TripAdvisor and read the reviews there. I always do like this when I travel to cities and I never had bad experiences (hum except once...)

Thanks for all the advice.

We stayed at the ramada last time and found it reasonable enough and also getting a discount rate due to one of our relations working for that group.

Date: March 22, 2014 21:51

Wroclaw
Funny I do the same - I'm actually turning 40 these days and vetoed any type of celebration/gift from the Mrs et all side. My scam is to but a ticket for Vienna/Paris/Madrid and present it as my B-day present (even though I would have bought it anyway).

That's my scam too regarding Stones tickets! grinning smiley Happy early/late birthday btw!

drbyrant - thank you! And thanks for the advice. It's good to get other people's opinions. I'll have a think over the weekend. One thing I know is that the Four Seasons Paris is defintely not doable for me!

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:34

The Rolling Stones en concert au Stade de France le 13 juin 2014, c'est officiel!

Publié le 22/03/14 Par Caroline J.

Partager sur twitter Partager sur Google+

The Rolling Stones en concert au Stade de France le 13 juin 2014, c'est officiel!

Infos pratiques

Le 13/06/14

Stade de France
Rue Francis de Pressensé ZAC Cornillon Nord
93210 Plaine Saint Denis (La)

Après plusieurs rumeurs, l’info a enfin été confirmée : les Rolling Stones seront de passage à Paris cet été, dans le cadre de leur tournée mondiale, "14 on fire". Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts et Ronnie Wood envahiront donc la scène du Stade France pour une date unique, programmée le vendredi 13 juin 2014.

Voilà qui risque de donner le sourire aux nombreux fans des Rolling Stones qui attendaient cette confirmation avec impatience...

Ainsi, selon RTL et Le Parisien, le groupe britannique sera bel et bien en concert en France cet été avec un live exceptionnel, prévu le vendredi 13 juin 2014 au Stade de France.

Date: March 23, 2014 00:11

Not (quite) official yet...

Sister Marie
Be careful about the french concert, even if it'll probably happen.
From the Stade de France itself on Twitter today in response to someone who announced this concert:

Stade de France 6 h
@ActuaNewsFr @RollingStones ce concert n'est malheureusement pas confirmé. Nous attendons une réponse officielle, lundi.

"This concert is unfortunately not yet confirmed. We are waiting for an official answer on monday"

... Let's be patient for a few hours! >grinning smiley<

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 23, 2014 00:23

Sorry if I missed this but is Europe 2014 still happening to my knowledge it is. I think they will do North America in mid Sept then go into Australia hows that.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 23, 2014 00:25

I would love to see them in Europe but my pocket book says no. As I'm travelling in July then again in fall.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 23, 2014 00:44

Lol all this birthday talk. Mine is June 23 and I was hoping for a concert on that day. Too bad.

Date: March 23, 2014 00:59

mariannerl
Sister Marie
mariannerl
[www2.dticket.de]

Probably you have to search (=Suchen on the right side) for "Rolling Stones"

They mention there: "Die beiden Deutschland-Konzerte der Rolling Stones sind AUSVERKAUFT. Der freie Verkauf am Samstag fällt somit aus" The two german concerts of the Rolling Stones are sold out. The free (public) sale on saturday is therefore cancelled.

It's not the first time that happened in Germany.

I believe you and surprised about this, I think it's really insuitable for the public who had been informed only about general sales.
And I don't even mention the "tix mafia" we all know on the 2nd market. This business needs a good cleaning. angry smiley

Yes.. and some people made on monday group reservations for only 6 or 7 tickets on got their confirmation the same day. All standing area (Arena) Berlin Waldbühne. Many fans did this kind of reservation. The ones who made it on monday or tuesday were successful. But on TM there was an information that those who do group reservations will have the confirmation on friday. actually they got it before the sales. It's okay .. clever . and they are fans. But do we know how many ebay scalpers made group reservations?

Yes I agree with you... a good cleaning (or personalized tickets?) is necessary.

As far as I know the German promoter Mr. Schwenkow and DEAG fu**ed it up the last time they promoted the Stones. I didn´t trust their ability to be trustful with those "group reservations".

May be it works - but the pre-pre sale and not being able to purchase tickets on official sale is disgusting and unprofessional in terms of "ethics" I think!! But may be they don´t have any business ethics.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 01:11 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Date: March 23, 2014 09:12

I found the article this morning in the Daily Express:

“SIR Mick Jagger was last night said to be “emotionally torn apart” and “barely able to speak” as plans were made for the funeral of his girlfriend fashion designer L’Wren Scott.

One of her relatives said the Rolling Stones frontman, 70, “sounded like a broken man” during a phone call.”

I think, even Mick don’t know yet about his emotionally feelings in a two months time. If we consider all eventualities we also must reckon with the postponing of the European Tour.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 23, 2014 10:06

Postponement is always a possibility, especially at their age. Fans need to understand that there is a risk and plan accordingly.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 23, 2014 10:46

I think the upcoming European tour, and specifically Mick, will likely be more carefully watched by the media than a usual Stones tour...especially in the beginning. Frankly, it seems very soon for him to be back in the public eye and onstage only a few weeks after L'Wren's death. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up postponing this tour as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 10:47 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 23, 2014 10:59

The plan is apparently (ticket sales, new shows like Vienna "announced" ) to go ahead with the tour at this time and let Mick cancel later if need be. However anything that got sold starting March 18th will likely not be covered by insurance so that would be a factor...yes they can afford to lose money but no one likes to flush any down the toilet, especially these guys.

I don't think Ronnie (and Keith?) would have said they'd be back on the road ASAP without some kind of pointer from Mick. Something he might have said in the immediate after-shock of course but it's consistent with the way he's operated over the past 50 years.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 16:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 23, 2014 11:23

I think it is the promoters risk to announce and start selling tickets now, because let's be honest, even Mick probably doesn't know right now how he will feel for 2 months or 3. And that's understandable.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: March 23, 2014 12:27

child-of-the-moon
I found the article this morning in the Daily Express:

“SIR Mick Jagger was last night said to be “emotionally torn apart” and “barely able to speak” as plans were made for the funeral of his girlfriend fashion designer L’Wren Scott.

One of her relatives said the Rolling Stones frontman, 70, “sounded like a broken man” during a phone call.”

I think, even Mick don’t know yet about his emotionally feelings in a two months time. If we consider all eventualities we also must reckon with the postponing of the European Tour.

Exactly this message......that he is barely able to speak and emotionally torn apart is something which was already reported the day after L'Wren's dead. It's sad that a newspaper keeps such informations to get it spread nearly a week later to push something.. (a broken man story or so).

Most of us would be speechless after such a message.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: March 23, 2014 15:05

[pbs.twimg.com]

so: officially confirmed?

Posted by: Marco ()
Date: March 23, 2014 15:09

Cheers, Marco

Date: March 23, 2014 15:15

YES!!!

Got my little string of shows lined up. This is going to be fun!!!

Pinkpop -> Berlin -> Paris -> Vienna -> Dusseldorf -> ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 15:17 by MingSubu.

Date: March 23, 2014 16:23

rubyT
[pbs.twimg.com]

so: officially confirmed?

Looks like it, what's the source, twitter ?

--------------

Date: March 23, 2014 16:29

drbryant
Postponement is always a possibility, especially at their age. Fans need to understand that there is a risk and plan accordingly.

Yes, I think that's right and totally understandable. I'm looking at it that I haven't been abroad for too long - so I'll get a mini-break somewhere whatever happens regarding the tour.

Now, to actually decide where I'm going...still torn between Rome and Paris!

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: March 23, 2014 16:30

gotdablouse

Looks like it, what's the source, twitter ?

twitter,yes

Date: March 23, 2014 16:41

Posted by who?

Anyway I've now found out it was copied from the interconcerts website : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Date: March 23, 2014 16:49

MarthaTuesday
drbryant

Yes, I think that's right and totally understandable. I'm looking at it that I haven't been abroad for too long - so I'll get a mini-break somewhere whatever happens regarding the tour.

Now, to actually decide where I'm going...still torn between Rome and Paris!

Go to both!

Date: March 23, 2014 16:50

MingSubu
YES!!!

Got my little string of shows lined up. This is going to be fun!!!

Pinkpop -> Berlin -> Paris -> Vienna -> Dusseldorf -> ?

Sounds like a great birthday celebration for you! smiling smiley Even if nothing on the actual day (I was hoping for that too - mine's 3 July).

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 23, 2014 16:54

Paris is near official.

Here: [interconcerts.net]

Date: March 23, 2014 17:02

MingSubu - I want to go to both! Not sure that's an option financially but it's very tempting to throw caution to the wind! Even if I can only one, I'm still pretty excited about a trip to Rome - or Paris. smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home