Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT. INXS night in Australia tonight
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 9, 2014 14:47

Here in Oz part 1 of the INXS Never Tear Us Apart series just went to air.
I loved it. It was fantastic.
To me, Michael Hutchence was our 'Mick'. I, like many Aussies and fans worldwide miss him dearly.
Next weeks episode will be very sad and very hard to watch.
What an amazing band! Even Keef was a fan.

Here's a bit on the show. I hope fans in US, UK and Europe get to see it soon.

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-09 14:51 by Deathgod.

Re: OT. INXS night in Australia tonight
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 9, 2014 15:26

I really liked INXS. Such a tragedy. I was in southern California on vacation & saw the last night of the Kick tour. My buddy & I call it the night of 10,000 spandex mini skirts, haha.winking smiley An amazing show on many levels. Saw them a few other times, too.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 9, 2014 15:31

I saw them on the Listen Like Thieves tour and they absolutely blew me away with great musicianship, energy and charisma. Amazing live band.

Date: February 9, 2014 15:47

just a great band

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: February 9, 2014 16:41

I saw them twice. Love both shows and their music. Incredible band with a fantastic fronts man.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 9, 2014 16:45

Michael Hutchence was one of the greatest frontmen in a rock band.

I saw INXS on a rock festival in the mid 80s. To that time they were not so well known, but after their show, I was so sure, that they become very big. They were a fantastic live band.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: February 9, 2014 16:50

Remember reading an interview with Hutchence where he said he'd lost his sense of smell and taste (in an accident I think) and how depressed and angry that made him. He particularly mourned not being able to taste pussy anymore.

A fine frontman for sure but let down by a mediocre (at best) band.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 9, 2014 17:10

When is Midnight Oil week?
They brought more to Australia's social awareness...hell they should get a month

Date: February 9, 2014 18:53

Munichhilton
They brought more to Australia's social awareness...hell they should get a month

Another fave from down under. I like a lot of Aussie & NZ bands. You Am I & Hoodoo Gurus are other favorites. Hunters & Collectors, the Split Enz & offshoots (Neil Finn in particular), Paul Kelly. The list is long. I have tickets for Neil Finn next month. Pretty excited about that as he's not doing many US dates. New cd next week, too!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 9, 2014 19:26

INXS WERE FANTASTIC ,SAW THEM ON KICK.
BEST AUSSIE BAND IS MEN AT WORK.SHOULDVE BEEN THE BEATLES OF THE 80'S.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 9, 2014 19:27

INXS was a great band with a great front man and lots of great songs. My gal back then spotted this band and dragged me (to take her to) their concerts and they were a great live act.

But in the end... it shows how hard it is to keep a great band together. Bands are subject to so many things pulling them apart, from band members themselves quitting to the public's opinion of the band's music quitting. It shows how awesome THE STONES are. It shows why the STONE are head and shoulders above ANY other band, ever. The Stones have prevailed and kept making great music unlike any other great band. ITS ROUGH JUSTICE!!! BUT THE STONES RULE!!!

STONES!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-09 19:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 9, 2014 20:10

crholmstrom
Munichhilton

Another fave from down under. I like a lot of Aussie & NZ bands. You Am I & Hoodoo Gurus are other favorites. Hunters & Collectors, the Split Enz & offshoots (Neil Finn in particular), Paul Kelly. The list is long. I have tickets for Neil Finn next month. Pretty excited about that as he's not doing many US dates. New cd next week, too!

Two of my personal favorite bootlegs is Neil Finn at the Showbox and Crowded House at the Bumbershoot...

Date: February 9, 2014 20:16

Munichhilton
crholmstrom
Munichhilton

Two of my personal favorite bootlegs is Neil Finn at the Showbox and Crowded House at the Bumbershoot...

Seattle has been good to them. I saw those (2 Bumbershoots actually). The first one was on Woodface tour with Tim Finn in band before he took off. Awesome. The 2nd when Ed Vedder played with them. Have seen Eddie with him more than once. Another really good one is the last tour @ Chte. Ste. Michelle in Woodinville, WA. Great show! Also was lucky enough to see some private shows. & Neil Finn in SF with Wendy from Prince's band & Lisa Germano in band. Neil is always great live. Check out the Neil & Paul Kelly @ Sydney Opera House. Whole show on youtube. Paul Kelly does a stunning version of Into Temptation!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 9, 2014 20:35

Rubbish band.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2014 21:15

Munichhilton

They were up all night burning the...oh never mind.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2014 21:16

Just back from the gym, where I listened to Back in Black and High Voltage albums back to back.

Fantastic.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: February 9, 2014 21:21

Great band INXS, too bad the lead singer was a fan of pleasure techniques reserved to the kung fu masters...well, not even those seem to master the technique.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 9, 2014 22:39

Yeah but Rake was in jail ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 9, 2014 22:43

I knew about this film and was looking forward to the release. Hopefully it will be available worldwide soon.

Are the INXS members still doing anything music-related?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 10, 2014 00:02

Though they eventually came to represent a more mainstream/pop approach with their later hits, I really liked their debut single Don't Change. It was unlike anything else on the radio at the time, and seemed to be more New Wave--or perhaps it was that they weren't super popular as yet. It still sounds fresh and vibrant and great after all these years.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 10, 2014 06:02

So-so review from the Sydney Morning Herald (apparently the Andrew Farriss depiction is the best, as it should be):

[www.smh.com.au]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 10, 2014 09:04

Good band. Felt a little like aussies answer to The Doors...my favorites were The Saints...Chris Bailey is closer to Jagger voicelike...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2014 17:39

Come On
Good band. Felt a little like aussies answer to The Doors...

Aussies answer to the Pet Shop Boys is more accurate imo.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 20:21

i thought INXS were very overrated.

very bland band that really struggled to pretend they had energy with a lead singer who thought he was better than he was.

it isnt really a surprise that virtually no one talks about this band these days.

theyve been forgotten for a long time.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 14, 2014 22:48

Wow ? Really ?
Each to their own I guess.

Day after part one aired INXS had 8 albums in the iTunes top 20.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 15, 2014 06:31

buttons67
i thought INXS were very overrated.

very bland band that really struggled to pretend they had energy with a lead singer who thought he was better than he was.

it isnt really a surprise that virtually no one talks about this band these days.

theyve been forgotten for a long time.

They weren't rated too high to begin with.
I thought they did a great job..good band with a good front man.
The TV special was ok without being great...second show tomorrow.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 16, 2014 00:50

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:20 by colonial.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home