Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Godzilla
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 6, 2014 15:51

This is seriously OT...hope I don't get deleted. Any Godzilla fans here? The new movie Godzilla 2014 looks awesome. Just saw the trailer yesterday. I believe the monster attacks NYC. Godzilla looks real and ferocious, and out for blood. Not like that over-sized hoptoad in the version with Matthew Broderick in 1998. Horrible movie. Can't wait to see this one which will be released in May. Now, if they only do a remake of Gorgo which, IMO, probably is the best monster films of all time. London gets slammed!!smiling smiley

Re: OT: Godzilla
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 6, 2014 15:54

I do like Godzilla but that original one scared the sh*t outa me when I was 10...

Date: February 6, 2014 15:55

Yeah, pretty much all of the Godzilla movies were scary...at least when we were kids. But, as I said, the one with Matthew Broderick was a joke. A total disgrace for Godzilla-lovers.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 6, 2014 16:14

This trailer for Godzilla is amazing! I am really looking forward to a full fledge sci fi re-make.

Date: February 6, 2014 16:38

This was the one I saw. Very dark and ominous. This Godzilla is frightening. I hope it's a good film and doesn't tank at the box office. Oftentimes, movie trailers are deceiving.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 6, 2014 16:41

I like the old cheesy ones best.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 6, 2014 19:34

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go go go Godzilla
Oh no, there goes Tokyo go go Godzilla

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

Date: February 6, 2014 19:40

Elmo Lewis
I like the old cheesy ones best.

I like the one where he teaches his son, Gozilla junior, and the son blows smoke rings... [www.youtube.com]

this one shows it better... [www.youtube.com]

videos not posted here so this doesnt turn into a video thread and get merged.

Date: February 6, 2014 19:50

Seems as though the women in these "cheesy" versions have a crush on Godzilla. And I think the Japanese in general, in these films, have sort of a love/hate relationship for the big guy/lady...what is Godzilla anyway?

Date: February 6, 2014 21:03

OK there were these two Japanese women who were miniature women, and were in a bird cage, singing..thats a memory I have from one of those Godzilla related films..maybe Mothra or something..

if anybody can clarify about those two Japanese women..maybe they were sisters..singing in a bird cage..

I am sure those movies were the scariest thing I had ever seen, ever..at age 10..

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 6, 2014 21:10

Yes from Mothera. They were his caretakers and sing to bring her and to help hatch her eggs.

Date: February 6, 2014 21:18

whitem8
Yes from Mothera. They were his caretakers and sing to bring her and to help hatch her eggs.

THANK you.

that was driving me nuts...

they were Mothra's nurses..

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 6, 2014 21:54

I LOVE his roar!!!!

hot smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2014 00:18

Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster Rules!!!!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 7, 2014 00:55

This year marks the 60th anniversary of the orignal film's release in 1954. The version most have seen is the edited version that chopped a bit and tacked on scenes with Raymond Burr. This version was released in the US in 1956 and was a very different film than the orginal, which had much more to do with social commentary...

Date: February 7, 2014 01:07

jamesfdouglas
I LOVE his roar!!!!

hot smiley
[soundbible.com]

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 7, 2014 01:14

Monster Zero was always my favorite. I love all those Toho films. Some of the special effects were quite innovative for the time. Keep in mind, though, that the original film Godzilla is a very dark film and story. Raymund Burr was only put in for the American release. He's not in the original Japanese version.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 7, 2014 01:20

Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas
I LOVE his roar!!!!

hot smiley
[soundbible.com]

What's more interesting is how they did that. A gloved hand filled with resin and then scraped on the strings of a bass (or double bass) and then slowed down.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: February 7, 2014 01:59

Max'sKansasCity
With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go go go Godzilla
Oh no, there goes Tokyo go go Godzilla

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

>grinning smiley<

\m/

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 7, 2014 02:40

ChrisM
This year marks the 60th anniversary of the orignal film's release in 1954. The version most have seen is the edited version that chopped a bit and tacked on scenes with Raymond Burr. This version was released in the US in 1956 and was a very different film than the orginal, which had much more to do with social commentary...

Man in suit!!

The "Perry Mason" version is a watered-down cut of the original but it gave me nightmares for months. "Gojira" is still the best Godzilla movie to this day (although King Kong Vs. Godzilla gets honorable mention!).

Here's hoping this one lives up to the source.

<Edit to add> This was epic for its time:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-07 03:10 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 7, 2014 03:43

duke richardson
OK there were these two Japanese women who were miniature women, and were in a bird cage, singing..thats a memory I have from one of those Godzilla related films..maybe Mothra or something..

if anybody can clarify about those two Japanese women..maybe they were sisters..singing in a bird cage..

I am sure those movies were the scariest thing I had ever seen, ever..at age 10..

The Peanuts!
They were sweeping Japanese Pop Culture at that time.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 7, 2014 03:44

King Ghidorah was my favorite.smiling smiley

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 7, 2014 04:28

Yeah, I must have been about 10 when I watched the Raymond Burr version multiple times. I still vividly remember the scene when the radio active device was detonated underwater that ultimately killed godzilla, though I haven't seen the film in about 50 years. Funny, when I finally went to Japan for the first time about 10 years ago, we rode several trains that looked just like the ones destroyed by the monster in the movie. When the train passed a large hill, I half expected godzilla to emerged from behind the hill!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 7, 2014 06:31

Bellajane
This is seriously OT...hope I don't get deleted. Any Godzilla fans here? The new movie Godzilla 2014 looks awesome. Just saw the trailer yesterday. I believe the monster attacks NYC. Godzilla looks real and ferocious, and out for blood. Not like that over-sized hoptoad in the version with Matthew Broderick in 1998. Horrible movie. Can't wait to see this one which will be released in May. Now, if they only do a remake of Gorgo which, IMO, probably is the best monster films of all time. London gets slammed!!smiling smiley

What about Mothra?winking smiley

Date: February 8, 2014 19:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-08 19:36 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Date: February 8, 2014 23:11

crholmstrom
Bellajane

What about Mothra?winking smiley

Mothra is no Gorgo. Watch the movie. It's a great story even though the special effects need a little tweaking. They should do a remake. Spoiler...Gorgo is a great mom, humans are greedy sobs...!

Date: February 9, 2014 04:40

"King Kong Vs Godzilla" coming up on METV in 15 minutes...
paired with several beers and the Olympic rerun on the other TV should work perfect.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 9, 2014 06:41

I liked the atomic flying turtle, too!>grinning smiley< Was that Gamera?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-09 10:57 by crholmstrom.

Date: February 9, 2014 07:16

Max'sKansasCity
"King Kong Vs Godzilla" coming up on METV in 15 minutes...
paired with several beers and the Olympic rerun on the other TV should work perfect.
Oh man, that movie was so bad it was great.... but all those poor smushed model trains, trucks, tanks and houses, buildings... and poor King Kong, Godzilla was so mean to him.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 9, 2014 15:23

ChrisM

My father was in the original Godzilla. He was living in West LA, and is one of the Asian actors brought in to stand around Raymond Burr to make it look like he was in Tokyo. He had a couple of close ups. I remember him saying that when they filmed it, he thought it was a complete joke and that he'd never hear of the movie again, and that he was shocked when it became famous.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home