Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones doing comedy
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 5, 2014 19:27

Maybe this was already posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
I just discovered this clip on YouTube, where the Stones are having a laugh, faking lip-synching Cher and Sonny's hit "I got you babe". They're more talented in music than in comedy, but still it is kind of funny:

Re: Rolling Stones doing comedy
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 5, 2014 21:36

That was from Ready Steady Go. They used to do lots of fun skits like that.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 5, 2014 23:01

well listen to a lot of TSMR..(probably) unintentionally funny bits..

and I love it..

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 5, 2014 23:04

I thought it was interesting that during last years shows Mick was doing "shtick" (joke telling) between some of the songs. Often it was a local topic and other times about the band or prices of tickets. I think he felt a need to do it after hosting Saturday Night Live and telling jokes and doing skits on there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 6, 2014 00:55

Mick's -- She's the Boss track .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 6, 2014 01:39

mighty stork
I thought it was interesting that during last years shows Mick was doing "shtick" (joke telling) between some of the songs. Often it was a local topic and other times about the band or prices of tickets. I think he felt a need to do it after hosting Saturday Night Live and telling jokes and doing skits on there.

Mick did a bit when on SNL called the "Californians". during that sketck they always talk about the freeways that were taken to get from one place or another. During Anaheim 2 last year he went into that Shtick.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 6, 2014 04:54

Charging £800 plus for a ticket to their show in Shanghai, that's hilarious ........... !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 6, 2014 07:12

One thing it kills me to have never yet seen in its entirety is Norman Gunston's comedic profile of the Stones. I've seen the Mick interview on YouTube and Gunston's brief encounter with Mick and Keith leaving a show at the end of VIDEO REWIND. But I've read that the Gunston piece includes a lot more (including Gunston with Charlie). I'd love to see the whole thing.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: February 6, 2014 14:59

They Stones were in SNL skits as far back as '78, when Mick was interviewed by "Tom Snyder" and the others were customers in the Cheeseburger skit.

[maybe someone with better access than me at the moment can gueue up those skits on youtube for us?!]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 6, 2014 19:10

Examples of tour jokes:

Washington DC : Jagger's joke about the National Security Agency's spying scandal. "I don't think President Obama is here tonight, but I'm sure he's listening in,"

Toronto: “I just wanted you to know one thing: we’re not going to do any jokes tonight about the mayor or anything, OK?,” Jagger said three songs into the iconic band’s set. “It’s too easy. It’s much too easy a target. It’s a bit cheap — cheap shots. So we’re not going to do any of that.”

“We’re going to crack on with the show now.”

Barclays Center in Brooklyn:When they last played Beatles cover I Wanna Be Your Man “a carton milk only cost a quarter – and a ticket to the Stones was… I don’t want to go there.”

As far as video of their appearance on SNL it's hard to get as SNL is very tight about what is on the internet but here is images of what you are talking about Halfnanker:

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 6, 2014 20:33

Mick's two, clips in the Beatles take off "The ruttles" by idle are great. (on u tube) eg

" why did the Ruttles break up"
Mick : women,just women, cherchez la Femme "
Do you think the Ruttles will, get together again ?"
Mick, " o God I hope not"

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 6, 2014 21:51

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: February 7, 2014 02:43

Mick told a joke on a Thanksgiving Day in Denver in 2005. It kind of went like this: just think, if the pilgrims ate cats at the first Thanksgiving instead of turkey, we would all be eating pussy today!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-07 02:55 by dougie.

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: February 7, 2014 02:52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home