Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What kind of keyboards are used for live shows?
Date: January 23, 2014 23:57

DoomandGloom
His Majesty
Yes, but a real piano wouldn't make much if any difference in a concert because it's still Chuck playing it. A real piano might even encourage him to play even more than he already does. grinning smiley

There have been a few keyboard specific threads on here. smiling smiley
he would slow down. Still you need real muscle for a genuine piano and it's idiosyncrasies. Chuck is a piano player first. I know for fact that he never recorded as an organist until Clapton's "Unplugged" where he played B-3 and pump organ at first reluctantly. It's clear there's been enough Chuck bashing today and I'm sorry to be a part of it. He is in fact a great person and amazing musician. It must be us...

He recorded Hail, Hail Rock'N'Roll as an organist, no?

Re: What kind of keyboards are used for live shows?
Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: January 24, 2014 00:09

latebloomer
Garbie
Today you can find digital pianos which are very very close to acustic ones. I am sure that 99% of the people would have problems to distinguish a good digital one from a normal one with the eyes closed. The touch is also really good today. I have tried many pianos in my life including the best you can imagine and believe me, there are fantastic digital pianos today.

Anyway, the two pianos I have at home, a grand and am upright are acustic...

I can't begin to speak about professional, performing keyboards, but Garbie is right about what's out there now for most everyone else. The new Yamaha hybrids are great, I spent some time tinkering around with one last year and if I had the money I would have traded in my old baby grand for one of those new babies. The technology is moving rapidly toward replacing the feel and sound of an acoustic with digitals where you can't detect the difference. It makes me sad in some ways cause I love my old Stieff, but most pianos don't get better with age, they get worse.

...you can even turn your acoustic piano into a digital one with the "silent system". Difficult for me to explain it in English but you can have both in the same piano and decide how to play it. A good solution, by the way, if you play 8 hours a day and you have neighbours...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home