Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Coolest Tour Date Ever (if it would happen)
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 20:46

The Stones should follow suit for what Audioslave just did and schedule a gig in Havana, Cuba....

they could do a gig on May Day right after Fidel speaks to about 500,000 Cubans in the Plaza de la Revolucion.....

what a great opening act!!

Of course, they'd have to charge like 1 peso per ticket....but, hey, as Keef said "take all the money, pal"

yeah right...

Maybe next tour...

Stones rule.

Re: Coolest Tour Date Ever (if it would happen)
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 11, 2005 23:32

Its fine, but Keith prefer Jamaica. Mostly.
And he said: "Y o u can have the money, pal!", didnt he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 23:32 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 12, 2005 00:40

Yeah - Let's see Keith give the $$ away....

What a crock of Shit, Keith just hates being called out for what it is..

MLC

Date: May 12, 2005 04:49

Keef is 100% honest in the money issue; why dont you think he ´d react in such a strong emotional way: cause he´s a sensible artist.

With Mick its a totally other question.

Yet is sure must be complicated with Keef; he aint completely broke, even if he probably has that image of himself. Ask people if they judge Keef as a greedy fella...

If you wanna throw dirt on Keef, throw it for the right reasoons; this is a genuine AIR hit.

Take a crap.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 12, 2005 10:57

I would bust a gut to get to havana as i should imagine it would be brilliant loads of havana rum heaven!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2005 22:34

I don't think that Keef is greedy, but he's damn sure glad Mick, the Prince, and Cohl are handling the cash as they are.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: May 12, 2005 22:45

Habana is a great place -lotsa fun,
I've been there many times!
Course the Yanks wouldn't
appreciate the snub. I
can't see the Stones
going out on a limb
like this, tho the
solidarity would be
much appreciated............

PS My Cuban amigos/ amigas down
that way aren't really big Stones
fans, prefer the more melodic/ harmonic
Beatles. Play them really nice too
with a salsa/ son rhythm. Maybe
the Stones could pick up a new vibe?

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 12, 2005 23:11

it's not keiths money:p it my money

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: May 13, 2005 00:43

Really sorry to burst your bubble here, Boys, but do you really think for a nanosecond that the Stones would ever play in a country where people are so poor that a whole family is entitled to one whole chicken and so many handfulls of rice and black beans per month????
As a venue it would be fantastic, Cubans are absolutely lovely, have a fantastic sense of humour, are born knowing how to move their asses to any piece of music and bloody INVENTED the term "party".

But the Stones expect money towards their retirement fund during this "Till Death Do Us Part We Shall Suck You Dry"-Tour. And there's no money in Cuba. Zilch. Zero. Nada. So , even IF they forfeited profits (and the day they do that altruistically and without any ulterior motive, I shall eat my husband's fishing hat!) who would pay towards the logistical costs for transport of stages blabla???? And: is there not still a US embargo in place?? And no direct flights from the US? Or have we actually moved on to the 21st century in American foreign politics????

So: dream on....

PS: although they could always play in the Guantanamo Bay Stadium, which I believe is technically although not geographically US territory.....just imagine.... all the jingling chain sounds in rhythm to "Brown Sugar".....

Date: May 13, 2005 11:08

very very Slowly but surely the embargo is being lifted as there have been two bands one american i belive played just recently i think it was radio head to be one of them but dont quote me on that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2005 12:36

Radiohead are English!

Date: May 13, 2005 12:51

i did say only one american band!

Date: May 13, 2005 13:37

There are regular flights to Cuba from Canada
but I tend to, unfortunately, agree. I
can't see the Stones being so
charitable, especialy if it
might create a backla$h
for them $tate$ide......

Date: May 13, 2005 14:07

One of the most interesting side with the Stones I think is their so called non-political status. It´s no secret Jagger wanted to be a politician when he was young(er). SFM is a heavy statement for a non-poltical group, esp. as being released in the hot year of 1968

[www.jr.com] link to abcko

Keef has said several times he enjoyed playing in Czechoslovakia/Czeckia, and supposedly Hungary too. Anyway; the matter is completely different with Cuba, even we Europeans realize that.
Since the 60´s with the Stones devil worshipping and creating free concerts at outback Speedway arenas outside S.F & Keef & Brian walkin around with nazi uniforms they have gone a long way. They are highly aware peoplpe, but - thank God - not that kind of preachers as Sting or Bono. Far away.
I hear some social pathos in SFM; as well as in DDDD(H). In the more recent Blinded By Rainbows I believe ol´ Mick is talking about Ulster/Northern Ireland, right? ... Can anyone else figure out some songs with heavier content in this sense? Still i´ts only rock 'n' roll. Eliva did some of his finest moments with In The Ghetto, that side of Elvis is for me also the most interesting. But I´m glad they limit themselves in this to some one song a decade or so. But when they really think things over, a good result is usually what comes out of it.

PS btw ... Did ya know that Rip This Joint is possible to get as a ringtone! [rollingstone.dwango.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 13, 2005 18:29

Audioslave (which is a "Rage Against the Machine" and "Soundgarden" hybrid) was the American band which just played Cuba...

The Embargo (Blockade) is not being lifted AT ALL...Ass-Head Bush just TIGHTENED it by further limiting the amount of money people can send to relatives in Cuba...the # of flights from the U.S. (for relatives and/or educational purposes) have been reduced (from the already pathetically low #)...and the fines for travelling to Cuba have INCREASED....

I don't think the Stones will do it either....but, it would be the best party on the planet, I'd imagine...

BTW...there IS money in Cuba....but it's all in the Tourist Industry....have you ever seen the Hotel Nacional? Or the tourist-class hotels in Varadero? They cater to the super-rich...

speaking of which...if you ever go to Cuba...stay w/ a local family for about $10...much cheaper and MUCH MUCH more fun...Cubans are great.

I think Mick is just an insanely good businessman who got jaded in the 1960s by getting screwed out of money that was rightfully his...and he's STILL getting the world back for it....I think the rest of the Stones just allow him to do most of the business aspect....seeing as it benefits them nicely...VERY nicely

the "Keef doesn't like to get called out for what he is (greedy)" comment is an interesting one....I think there's likely some truth to it....

Stones in Havana....somebody call Fidel and make it happen!! SEE YOU THERE!!

Date: May 13, 2005 19:16

Funny I was thinkin of goin to Cuba with the old lady for a anniversary, like a 10th year honey moon. Why Cuba? First: The trip if far cheaper than my Real Dream Destination, Jamaica, that is. Second: The risk of being cut to pieces is a lot higher in the land of naughty dreadlocks. Third: The cooool cars.

Calling ol ´Keth greedy and not mentioning Mick´s monumentarily, Uncle Scrooge-beating greed is a strange thing to do. Ok, he has done some dubious things, and he is together with the others in suckin out our deer money... But he sure aint in this for the money... I dont even think Jagger is, he had his share since some 30-40 years ago. But Jagger is pathologically obsessed with money & esp. in saving them. This is the most significant when it comes to the Stones and money.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: May 13, 2005 19:23

The Manic Street Preachers played in Cuba some time ago.

Date: May 13, 2005 23:21

Baboon! Consider Cuba for sure. Stickyfingers mentions going
local for $10 a night. I've never had it quite that cheap there,
not in digs I'd want anyway, but for $25 a night I've had
an apartment in Mirimar Habana with housekeeping thrown
in, great neighbours etc. Last minute packages
during the summer and off season from Toronto
Canada etc are also very very cheap, even the
fancier 4 or 5 star resorts. But make
sure you take off to explore the
real Cuba -very safe and friendly
even with the embargo hardships.
Any clothing, toiletries, medicine,
school supplies, music tapes, guitar
strings/ picks you can
bring would would no doubt
be much appreciated!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home