Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

400 people on stage???!!!!!
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 11, 2005 02:11

With a nice view of their behinds? How do we get THESE tix?!! It's good to see Mick wearing some color, in his pink/orange pants! P.S: I get your jokes!!!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Re: 400 people on stage???!!!!!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2005 03:08

you get charged twice as much for a seat looking at mick's arse than you do for one looking at Keith's or Ronnie's apparently.

personally, I want my seat behind Lisa.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 11, 2005 03:22

LOL

i'm with on the lisa thing

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 11, 2005 03:37

Keith showed his arse at the press conference re. this special unique stage design so I just saved that money anyway!

Bjornulf

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 11, 2005 04:25

i cannot imagine that many people on stage...unless it something like what U2 does and these guys are claiming the inner circle is ON STAGE.

At ticketmaster I see no sign of an area of seats for sale on stage for fenway, maybe they will be auctioned or awarded off. Seems to be traditional bstage set up at areanas, at least in Miami. I still hunger for a theater, but I guess I have the rest of the world tour to get to one or two.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 11, 2005 04:32

It is a fact. It is part of the outdoor stadium stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: May 11, 2005 06:39

They will have a special seating area, part of the On Stage set up for those Fans as they will be winners of the "On Stage Contest" that will be held for every staduim show. That how I took it anyway.
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 11, 2005 13:09

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith showed his arse at the press conference re.
> this special unique stage design so I just saved
> that money anyway!
>
> Bjornulf

If it wasnt for his jeans so tight & belted, he might have showed the whole package for that BBC-goof...

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: May 11, 2005 14:10

If you look at the Voodoo Lounge stage or the Urban Jungle stage I think there are enough places where fans would like to sit for a few hunderd dollars. 200 on each side of the stage with a nice view on the crowd. I think I would get exited to see the front rows go wild.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 11, 2005 14:16

U2 are putting 300-400 people inside the heart/ellipse (or whatever it's called) which is a GA area surrounded by a stage ramp. The Stones could do something like that I guess.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2005 14:49

"U2 are putting 300-400 people inside the heart/ellipse (or whatever it's called) which is a GA area surrounded by a stage ramp. The Stones could do something like that I guess."

So it is the same old story that what U2 does first, the Stones copy later.

- Doxa

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 11, 2005 14:54

I didn't say they would do it this way.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 11, 2005 15:12

It's gonna be like the Van halen tour and U2 tour, the stage will have walkways, ramps where the band can peform, and those with loads of @#$%& money can have the priviledge of sitting there.

capitalism gone crazy - not exactly what rock n roll is supoosed to stand for

Date: May 11, 2005 21:12

All kidding aside, so how much truckloads of money do I need? I think it's a great idea, as long as it's not toooo expensive. If they give them away as a radio contest for each venue that would be good! Maybe I can even sing backup with Lisa & Bernard for a bonus?? Or hand Mick his towel....LOL.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-12 00:08 by Miss U..

Date: May 12, 2005 00:10

Are these the $400 gold circle tix in Toronto?

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2005 02:18

Do you really think they want people SITTING on stage while they play their asses off ? I just can't cope with the idea of watching the boys from my front row position dancing and partying and at the same time looking at these old, rich bastards SITTING on stage, eating popcorn and farting in their seats. This would ruin the whole show for me - and for Keith as well.
I hope they will provide a kind of limited standing area somehow integrated in the stage design and give real hardcore fans the chance to have a great time up there, dancing and rocking with the band - maybe on a first come, first served basis. That is, the first 400 people to show up with FOS tickets get the chance to be on stage with or very close to the band. That would be fair. But I guess we would see the same people up there every show - my front row fellows know who I am talking about.
I remember Bryan Adams doing that kind of thing some years ago. He had a kind of bridge spanned over the actual stage and about 100 people were allowed to STAND on that bridge and watch the show from above the stage. That seemed to be a cool idea and I would prefer that kind of thing for the Stones,too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 12, 2005 05:24

wahwahwoody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just
> can't cope with the idea of watching the boys from
> my front row position dancing and partying and at
> the same time looking at these old, rich bastards
> SITTING on stage, eating popcorn and farting in
> their seats.

This is a visual nightmare that I hadn't thought of yet.
It will make the Stones look silly as well,pandering to the rich old folk.
It will take the danger out of a Stones show.
It will be like Disneyland.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 12, 2005 10:47

It's
It's
It's

It's one of the dumbest ideas i've heard in a long time.
But if people are wealthy/stupid enough....
The divide should exist, stage - band, floor - audience. That's the way it is. What kind of sad fantasy is going through the heads of those considering these places? Is there anyone here who could enlighten us? What I want to know from these people is once you are up there, on display, what are you going to do? It's going to be so funny watching these saddos being restrained by their personal security men as they attempt to display to us peasants in the stalls what a wild and crazy time they are having. "My God, Ethel, look at these people, they must be very special personal friends of The Rolling Stones"

Love Oily.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 12, 2005 11:14

I keep reading it is not about money, those on stage will be fan club memebers who in some way win the position.

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: May 12, 2005 11:39

And Madonna had it too!

From a madonna website:

Madonna's stage was an end set up. On the side, were two pockets where a handful of fans got to stand (up-close) and view their icon. There were huge screens up behind her that ran images constantly. They were bizarre and fascinating...all at the same time. You really couldn't take your eyes off of them. Her stage also had two long arms that were extended at various parts of the show. This brought Madonna and her dancers closer to those on the other side of the arena.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2005 14:38

I read in a German paper today that Mick stated those people integrated in the stage set will NOT be seated!!! Let's hope for something like a special FOS section where only real fans (the fans that turn up at 6 a.m. to get to the front, not the bored,rich guys or the VIP gold platinum or whatever @#$%&)get access to and can have a party STANDING and DANCING!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 12, 2005 15:06

he specifically said "they wont be sitting on chairs" and implied it will be an integral part of the stage design. I got the impression that how they do this is still in the early planning stages.

Date: May 12, 2005 21:42

The more I think about this, it should be standing only. Hope they would let us drink in this area! These should be tickets won through a contest, BUT NOT thru the online Fan Club!!! I think the Fan Club has dished out enuff exclusive material and presale tickets priviledges for the members. This should be an opportunity for everyone. If it's a contest then it won't be seen as so commercial or done for money....speaking of money I vowed not to spend $300 or more as I did last time by the B-stage....since so many $99 people ventured down and ended up in front of me!
I don't know of any stones fan in their right mind who wouldn't want to have a ticket on stage! The most exciting part of the "Let's Spend The Night Together" concert video was the beginning backstage and then when you see the band walk on stage, the curtains open, the balloons fall, and they run out on stage as the crowd surges forward!! That is bliss! Also recall how close the crowd was when they did Little Red Rooster live on Ready Steady Go I think it was, back in the days with Brian...that's exciting even to this day. I wouldn't want to see the tops of their heads from a bridge above though.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: flexy633 ()
Date: May 12, 2005 21:50

I have a print out of the Soldier Field seating chart for the Stones. It showed the catwalk and the B-stage going out to the center of the field. Then, it shows these two gray squares on angles at the end of the field. Not sure what that's all about, but I was thinking that's where they were going to put the 400 people. It certainly doesn't appear that they will be on stage, however!

Also, this seating chart no longer shows up on Ticketmaster. I printed it yesterday and today, it's just a basic seating chart. Strange.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 13, 2005 14:24

I still think it's a load of flaking old knackers.

For those 'lucky' beings, it will be a safe, castrated evening out if they are in any danger of actually being able to get to the band members. And, as a bonus, they will look like complete twattts.

Who would prefer that to fun of being part of the FOS cattle!!!???? That's assuming we get some standing in mainland Europe.

It's a stinking, well-packaged gimmick, DESIGNED ONLY TO PAY CHUCK'S WAGES! People, please don't do it.

Grrrr, Oily.

Posted by: solomone ()
Date: May 13, 2005 23:19

I just bought tickets for the DC show and they are on the side of the stage. Will the ntire stage be open or am I screwed?

Eric

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home