Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ex-Rolling Stones drummer Carlo Little thread !!
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: January 9, 2014 02:56

Carlo Little (17 December 1938 – 6 August 2005) was a rock and roll drummer, based in the London nightclub scene in the 1960s. He played in an early version of The Rolling Stones. He played a few gigs with the young Rolling Stones and was asked by Brian Jones to join permanently before they hired Charlie Watts as their official drummer in January 1963

Little was also with Cyril Davies' All Stars. Carlo Little is credited with giving Keith Moon his sound and style. Little was the loudest drummer many had ever seen or heard, one of the first to ever hammer the bass drum. After show Keith begged Little to give him lessons. Initially Carlo said no but reconsidered after thinking he could use the extra money and told Keith "I can only teach you what I know".

Little continued to work as a session drummer throughout the 1960s, having further success with The Flower Pot Men as drummer on their hit single, "Let's Go To San Francisco". Now with a family, Little played in pub bands throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Carlo and his All Stars recorded an album, which also featured Ron Wood and Jeff Beck The album is entitled Never Stop Rockin'

Carlo Little All Stars featuring Jeff Beck:

Little died of lung cancer in Cleadon, Tyne and Wear in 2005, at the age of 66

Broadcast on Channel 5, 25th November 1999.
Carlo re-meets the Rolling Stones after 25 years

Another interview:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-09 03:01 by seitan.

Re: Ex-Rolling Stones drummer Carlo Little thread !!
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 9, 2014 22:39

Great......why didn't they ask him if he remembered some songs they played back then..............

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: January 10, 2014 00:26

i dont know, I find it interesting how little there's been infromation about Carlo Little on the any of the books about The Stones history, infact the first time I heard about Carlo Little was on Keith Richards book Life..

Posted by: ChicagoCalling ()
Date: January 10, 2014 01:09

Carlo...one of the undisputed greats! Check out the wesite Confessions of a Sixties Drummer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:04

seitan

Little died of lung cancer in Cleadon, Tyne and Wear

I spent some of my formative years there, ironically ending at almost exactly the time when he would have started playing with the beta Stones.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:16

His wife posted on here for a short while in 2012, when there was a thread speculating on who the drummer was for the July 12, 1962 Marquee gig, as the name of Carlo Little was among those being speculated on. I wonder if she might have additional information related to this thread that might add to what we know of his story.

Posted by: NeverStopRockin ()
Date: January 10, 2014 15:13

What would you like to know?

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: January 11, 2014 05:11

Is that you Mrs.Little? If so I would like to ask you a few questions but I'd need a bit of time to form them correctly. Please do message me a rnickel214@gmail.com if you are at all interested, thank's.

Posted by: NeverStopRockin ()
Date: January 11, 2014 12:54

Yes this is me ( Iris Little) Rob51, you can email me your questions @

mail@carlolittle.com

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 11, 2014 13:13

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 21:32 by colonial.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home