Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What will you do this summer?
Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:16

Thanks for the reminder, Bjornulf.
I have told friends in Amsterdam about a possible show or two there, and they want to go and will put me up!

The only thing that might stop me is a big reunion at my high school that involves other classes, and so, my younger brother wants to go too...and a work-related event, both in July.

Well, let's hope we all get lucky, with the dates! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:34

USA East Coast in spring 2015 with Glasto, Hyde Park and a solid new 10 tracks studio album!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2014 22:18

angee
I have told friends in Amsterdam about a possible show or two there, and they want to go and will put me up!

The only thing that might stop me is a big reunion at my high school that involves other classes, and so, my younger brother wants to go too...and a work-related event, both in July.

I rembember there was a school reunion for me Saturday Sept 19, 1998. Well The Stones performed Greece and Istanbul, final two shows of that tour, so it was easy for me to say I was not able to make it to the reunion. Priority!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 8, 2014 22:26

I now have 1. no job and 2. no plans. This could all work out, depending on #3 (no money?).

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 8, 2014 22:34

Aquamarine
I now have 1. no job and 2. no plans. This could all work out, depending on #3 (no money?).

Write a book about your experience of 60's music, live gigs etc.

I'll buy it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-09 00:05 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: January 8, 2014 22:42

Well, let the nail biting begin. I will be in Amsterdam for a few days around July 10 but shortly thereafter I'll be on a cruise ship for four weeks. We actually will spend two days in Reykjavik but that'll really be pushing my luck to hit that one date just right! Since I need to book airfare soon I hope there will be an announcement before too long.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: January 8, 2014 23:03

This summer I will be over 40 for the first time and I hope to be in a routine of low cholesterol diet and day yes/day no long run in the evening. I always said that by the time i'll 40 I'll be like that and guess the time comes.

A Stones stadium gig in Italy/Austria/South Germany would be great too. Munich would be my favorite, but lest not be picky.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: January 8, 2014 23:42

bv
I rembember there was a school reunion for me Saturday Sept 19, 1998. Well The Stones performed Greece and Istanbul, final two shows of that tour, so it was easy for me to say I was not able to make it to the reunion. Priority!

It is not so easy for everyone to let down family, his job too, to go suddenly everywhere over the world. Without forget that having money left is a little bit necessary, just a little bit...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 9, 2014 00:02

His Majesty
My wife and I are planning on going to Italy. cool smiley

Well, Italy is always a worth of visit, and Ryanair makes it rather easy and cheap from here Tampere to Milan... hmm... suddenly I might be interested in going there as well... probably around the same time..winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 9, 2014 00:15

Doxa
His Majesty

Well, Italy is always a worth of visit, and Ryanair makes it rather easy and cheap from here Tampere to Milan... hmm... suddenly I might be interested in going there as well... probably around the same time..winking smiley

- Doxa

Cool, we should wear our More Taylor Please! t-shirts so we recognise each other easier. grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 9, 2014 00:25

His Majesty
Doxa
His Majesty

- Doxa

Cool, we should wear our More Taylor Please! t-shirts so we recognise each other easier. grinning smiley

Yep! We should ask Dandie to join to our t-shirt clan as well, too...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

- Doxa

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 9, 2014 00:33

Sounds like I'll be sitting at my computer reading show updates from IORRians who are able to catch the shows. Nice thing about them touring Europe is I can follow the threads in "real time" from my desk at work due to the time difference. Doubt my boss would feel the same way though. Here's hoping I still have a job before, during and after the tour!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: January 9, 2014 00:55

This is exciting.
Thank you BV!
Now I just need that damned Lottery to hit me up with some nice Travel and play money!

Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: January 9, 2014 02:20

OK so let's work hard to afford at least 2 of these summer concerts...
I guess they'll come to Paris, but for the second option I would like an unexpected place smiling smiley

Reykjavik? I would love it! Harpa? More probably a bigger venue.

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: January 9, 2014 02:25

Thank you BV!!!

Going to Paris in March for business. Thought they might do Europe then...then Far East tour was booked...oh well.

Guess I will have to do some more business in the Summer.

If not, all who attend in Europe have a great time!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 9, 2014 02:37

bv
angee

Good point. However, at the time, I bet you weren't divorced and contacted by a very attractive person, a former classmate, recently divorced, who wanted to meet up there. winking smiley

Still, note to self, priorities, yes! In ten years there may be another major reunion at my h.s., but I doubt there will be another tour.

T and T, maybe we could keep our fingers crossed more for mid to later August?
Info on dates much appreciated soon, I second that one!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: January 9, 2014 04:06

Angee posted:
"T and T, maybe we could keep our fingers crossed more for mid to later August?
Info on dates much appreciated soon, I second that one!"

Yes, let's do that! Mid- to later August would work for me too, I'll be in Germany then for about a week or so.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 9, 2014 04:26

I may catch a Stones show id they decide to hit Europe and the U.K. this summer.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 9, 2014 04:59

Angee, Keith the romantic would say go to your reunion, you can catch the Stones later...and his advice to you, Aqua, would be to beg, borrow, or steal because where there's a will, there's a way.

As for me, I will just have to be patient and see what happens next fall...unless, of course I win the lottery.

Thank you BV for your always reliable information and good luck to everyone in your travel plans.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: January 10, 2014 16:56

I think Reykjavik would be a great place to see them, especially at an outdoor festival in the summer. I think Iceland is a beautiful country. It's really not too far away from home, actually. Wish I was rich and could travel endlessly!! Anyway, I was briefly there a few years ago on a layover at Keflavik Airport on my way to Scotand but, unfortunately,was confined there. Traditionally, Icelandair offered a brief tour of Iceland (ring road?) instead of waiting at the airport but, due to the security measures since 911, that's a thing of the past.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 10, 2014 17:00

Swim, eat, drink, f*^k, sleep, repeat as needed.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: January 10, 2014 17:01

Elmo Lewis
Swim, eat, drink, f*^k, sleep, repeat as needed.

Great lyrics for a rap song!!grinning smiley

Date: January 10, 2014 17:16

Doxa
His Majesty
Doxa
His Majesty

- Doxa

Yep! We should ask Dandie to join to our t-shirt clan as well, too...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

- Doxa

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 10, 2014 17:39

Follow the Stones around

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 10, 2014 18:44

I plan to spend the summer criticizing the nuances of Stones performances based on tinny cellphone videos. And playing the "what will song 5 in the setlist be" game online.

But seriously folks, have fun and enjoy the show(s)!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 10, 2014 18:54

I used to want to visit Amsterdam, now it doesn't seem nearly as fun as Colorado spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

My girlfreind and I are actually going on vacation for a week starting Sunday. I actually haven't left Canada for a couple of years so I'm pretty stoked. We fly to Miamai then take a little boat to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan then Grand Turk.

In the summer though,there is simply no other country I would rather be in than Canada.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 10, 2014 20:08

Thanks for the info.

Already booked my flights for this summer to Spain to obtain cheaper flights.

But when dates and locations are announced, will take a look to see what is viable for me and hopefully will be in the position to do more than the one concert I attended last year .

Just told the better half about the 14 or more concerts and was met with a shake of the head lolthumbs downthumbs upthumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 10, 2014 20:18

Your better half will understand that when you come home after the Stones 2014 Europe encounter then you will be smiling for at least a year non-stop, and a long lasting smile is worth a lot.

Bjornulf

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 10, 2014 20:31

bv
Your better half will understand that when you come home after the Stones 2014 Europe encounter then you will be smiling for at least a year non-stop, and a long lasting smile is worth a lot.

Hopefully she will come this time, she has been to quite a few over the years with me.thumbs up

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 10, 2014 20:42

I have plans to visit Vietnam this summer,
but... think I'll cancel that trip and stay at home here in Holland :-)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home