Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What will you do this summer?
Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 10, 2014 21:17

I live in Europe but somehow the idea of attending the tour in Australia and discovering that side of the world sounds much more interesting at this point compared to Europe.

I will however be incredibly happy for an European leg and will try to catch as many shows as possible, Brussels does sound like a good HQ, train/flight connections are great.

Last year I won the photo competition at BST Hyde Park, was supposed to get a copy of the exclusive coffee table book with my photo included however they went back on the prize and offered two tickets for a day of my choice at this year's festival instead.

Happy days smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 10, 2014 21:51

zgubi

Last year I won the photo competition at BST Hyde Park, was supposed to get a copy of the exclusive coffee table book with my photo included however they went back on the prize and offered two tickets for a day of my choice at this year's festival instead.

Happy days smileys with beer

That's great if you're happy with it, but why am I not surprised they didn't stick to their original promise? winking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 11, 2014 00:46

DandelionPowderman

grinning smileythumbs up

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 11, 2014 08:55

I have no plans yet winking smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 11, 2014 21:20

An announcement would be nice.
My boss needs to know when I take my vacation.
If I don't know it by the end of the month I'll be the last in line and that means no stones gigs for me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 11, 2014 23:06

Do not expect any announcement until later. These days they do not announce tours and shows until 1-3 months before they happen. Max. Just keep June and July clear in the calendar for Europe.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 11, 2014 23:44

Thanks.
That actually might help me out if the most nearby gigs (Western Europe) are in June. Considering the rumour of Pinkpop (early June), that might just be the case.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 12, 2014 00:51

June would be good for me. July might take rearranging, meaning, other losses, ouch.
Priorities.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 23, 2014 02:49

Well since I am taking basically 5 March to 5 April off for these Down Under shows, I'm guessing I will be able to make shows in July if I do OT, follow a budget, and dont take any more leave...but it will be tight.

I hope that they will be arena shows, all day at a festival is just getting to be a bit more than I want to handle.

Talking with a freind the other day, I am pretty much committed to a plan. It is different than what we have done before. In the past there was always a great rush to jump on board the tour as soon as possible. With thise new 14-18 dates at a time, and no extended announcemnet, I figure that no matter how hard it is, I need to be at the last show of every leg. After all, I do not think there will ever be a "this is it" announcement, and after all these years and all this money and all of this work, it would be a shame to miss the last Rolling Stones concert. So I will do as many as I can, but try to always catch the last show of every leg.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 23, 2014 07:50

Well, BV posted something a while ago in the NEWS section about the Stones having been offered $4.5m to play in Tel-Aviv in Israel, so if they do ....... that'll be one show I'll be attending for sure

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: January 24, 2014 11:01

bv
I think it is fair to say that you should keep the summer clear i.e. no big family parties planned. You don't want to tell family and friends that you want to spend some own time in Europe... Well bring your better half, but they would probably not be interested in stalking hotels and waiting outside a venue in sunshine (or rain) all day for great seats.

There is no fixed schedule right now. It is all up for bids. If you asked Mick or Keith they probably don't have a list of shows to confirm yet. But we will know later this spring. Just keep your calendar flexible or free. There will be 14 or more shows in Europe this summer...

Would love to go to Europe. Not feasible today but you just never know! winking smiley

Date: January 24, 2014 11:04

Bellajane
Well, I'd love to go over to Scotland again and possibly vist the west coast of Ireland this time, but I think I'll have to put that off for another year. Just have to bide my time hanging out in Lake George, NY, which is just a "stones throw" away from me, and such a beautiful lake it is. Hoping they'll have some good concerts at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, as well. So that's my bit of excitement for this summer!

Used to go to Lake George as a kid, it's lovely. Lots to do & see in Saratoga, too! Got back there a couple years ago. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 24, 2014 11:07

lettingitbleed
Summer plans in January?

I can barley afford to travel within my own state much less around the country and the world!? Is it just me or is everyone else here independently wealthy with unlimited vacation time?

I'm retired so I can go anywhere anytime....But I'm not independently wealthy either so my cross-country & local plans are dictated by finances, too...winking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 25, 2014 17:27

Any new info? What part of summer should one visit Europe?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2014 17:38

It will be great to be a Stones fan in Europe from early June to mid July as it seems. Give or take a week or two. More soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 25, 2014 17:45

Thank you!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 25, 2014 18:27

Take some time off work, do some gardening, and hopefully catch the Stones in and around Europe.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-25 18:28 by paulywaul.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 25, 2014 18:42

I have to go to Singapore for 1 week at beginning july for business and i will spend 20-25 days in august on holiday with my family.
Hope it won't be a problem with the eurotour, don't think so

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 25, 2014 18:48

I´m going to see some concerts this sommer (Joe Bonamassa, The Brew, Pinkpop, with or without the Stones, and of course I hope to see the Stones in Europe this summer). Also I´m going on vacation with my family - in late August, so I think the holidays won´t be at the same time as the Stones gigs in Europe. And I will hear much music (Stones and other stuff), of course. Oh, and I will visit the Gamescom (Cologne, Germany) this year - a exhibition about video games.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 25, 2014 20:02

Well, we do have the World Cup from June 12 to July 13th. Certainly nobody wants to miss that. And the setlist changes weekly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-25 20:05 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 25, 2014 20:17

The Sicilian
Well, we do have the World Cup from June 12 to July 13th. Certainly nobody wants to miss that. And the setlist changes weekly.

I've signed up to apply for a World Cup ticket, but I was unsuccessful. Hopefully I can get a ticket for a Stones concert in Europe, though. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-25 20:22 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:22

reflection from within and deep contemplation

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 25, 2014 23:23

So here is a question, which would you take if you could only choose one: a Stones ticket or a World Cup ticket?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 25, 2014 23:36

Stones, of course. We have World Cup every 4 years. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home