Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guess the Melvins won't be opening for the Stones ...
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 8, 2014 03:27

I love the Stones and dig the Melvins, so am a little conflicted by King Buzzo's tirade ...

[www.avclub.com]

"The Rolling Stones were one of the best bands ever, and Sticky Fingers is one of the best rock albums I’ve ever heard. “Bitch” is good too. Then, in the mid-’70s, they just fell apart ... They have since continued playing. I don’t know what it is they’re doing, but the thing I imagine completely destroyed them was drugs. Nonetheless, they’ve continued and they’re certainly not better than ever.

"Mick Jagger decided he was going to put out those horrendous She’s The Boss—or whatever the @#$%& it was—records that were just God awful ..."

"It’s horrendous, horrendous garbage ..."

OTOH:

"I still listen to that stuff (from their heyday). I think that stuff is unbelievable. I’m never tired of it and I never have been. Those records should be in every collection. If you don’t have Sticky Fingers, then you really don’t like rock music, because that’s where it all started."

Re: Guess the Melvins won't be opening for the Stones ...
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 8, 2014 03:39

Screw him. He hasn't done shit since Stoner Witch

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 8, 2014 03:47

Stag? (1996)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 8, 2014 03:53

What's there to be conflicted about?

The last time I listened to She's The Boss I was 11 years old. Has it aged any better than that first impression?

Funny thing is, his rants on Metallica and the Stones could almost be interchangeable, as well as any of the predictable forthcoming responses from either fan base.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 8, 2014 03:57

The reason the Melvins won't be opening for the Stones is because they don't have a catalog of songs that are popular with a mainstream audience, like all RS opening acts do, not because they made unflattering comments about their latter-day output.

Dave Grohl said "@#$% Keith Richards" and this and that in a recent Lemmy documentary, and 2 years later he's backing Mick Jagger on Saturday Night Live and the following year he's up there on stage guesting with the Stones and getting a handshake from the very man he was bad-mouthing.

If anything, I'm sure the boys are amused by those who make such comments. It doesn't affect their lives, or their stature, in the least.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 8, 2014 16:10

Quote: "If you don’t have Sticky Fingers, then you really don’t like rock music, because that’s where it all started."

Now there's a stupid comment if ever there was one!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2014 16:57

May be King Buzzo was drunk or may be the journalist was drunk or may be I am drunk... At least he got a headline.

Bjornulf

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: January 9, 2014 02:38

DeanGoodman
I love the Stones and dig the Melvins, so am a little conflicted by King Buzzo's tirade ...

[www.avclub.com]

"The Rolling Stones were one of the best bands ever, and Sticky Fingers is one of the best rock albums I’ve ever heard. “Bitch” is good too. Then, in the mid-’70s, they just fell apart ... They have since continued playing. I don’t know what it is they’re doing, but the thing I imagine completely destroyed them was drugs. Nonetheless, they’ve continued and they’re certainly not better than ever.

"Mick Jagger decided he was going to put out those horrendous She’s The Boss—or whatever the @#$%& it was—records that were just God awful ..."

"It’s horrendous, horrendous garbage ..."

OTOH:

"I still listen to that stuff (from their heyday). I think that stuff is unbelievable. I’m never tired of it and I never have been. Those records should be in every collection. If you don’t have Sticky Fingers, then you really don’t like rock music, because that’s where it all started."

Well, there's lot of truth in there...I do enjoy stripped, voodoo lounge, bridges to babylon and bigger bang aint so bad either..but what he said about Jagger is right, - Jaggers solo albums are horrendous garbage and everyone knows that - but what he said about the 70's is kinda true too, cause the 80's was kinda shite for most part, but then again .. so what...it's another celebrity just shooting of his mouth, and that's OK..and, no ,rock n roll didnt start with Sticky Fingers...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home