Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger at 1976 Olympics
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 31, 2013 03:22

We were about 10 rows in front of him - I remember seeing Bianca with him (she looked amazing) but is that Peter Rudge at left?

Re: Jagger at 1976 Olympics
Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 03:33

I remember watching this great interview with Mick on ABC.
When the interviewer compared Mick's on stage performance to Olympic athletes, Mick had that great quote that most musicians don't train for their gigs "they just stand there scratching their beards and getting stoned."

Date: December 31, 2013 04:23

GS1978
When the interviewer compared Mick's on stage performance to Olympic athletes, Mick had that great quote that most musicians don't train for their gigs "they just stand there scratching their beards and getting stoned."

jim lampley doing he interview, i belive

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 06:22

Bianca was there? Good ol' Mick...I remember a news story that Mick had sent a note down to Canadian star athlete Diane Jones asking her out for a dinner date. She had a very 'hot' look for the time and at the the '76 Olympics she buckled the knees of any guy under 25 watching her compete on TV. She turned him down however...and when people asked her, "How could she turn down Mick Jagger?", she replied that she was engaged...to Edmonton Eskimo football player John Konihowski.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:20

Jump On Top Of Me Babe.......

ROCKMAN

Date: December 31, 2013 08:15

he also visited the US female swimming team

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 31, 2013 08:22

Peter Rudge says "Go."

Date: December 31, 2013 08:25

This is from Wilt Chamberlain's book- I did not see Wilt with Mick the day we sat in front of him- as a 15 year old Stones freak, it remains one of the most surreal moments of my life-

"During the 1976 Olympics, Mick Jagger was sitting in the stands next to me. He had one of his flunkies take a note down to a beautiful pentathlete who was getting set to perform in her high-jumping event. The message on the note stated that he would like to take her out to dinner after the meet. I couldn’t help but think: What poor taste. This young lady was getting ready to perform in the biggest event of her life and all Mick could think of was getting lucky with her.

He had no idea that I knew the lady well, and her fiancé too, who was a shot-putter. I am sure that if the shot-putter had gotten the note it would have been a great date for one rock-and-roll superstar. He still wouldn’t get no satisfaction, but his already big lips might have gotten even fatter!"

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 31, 2013 08:36

hbwriter
GS1978

jim lampley doing he interview, i belive

A good promo for Black & Blue (just released though not mentioned). Terrible haircut. Lennon did the same thing for Monday Night Football a few years earlier (What was he doing there? Oh! Promoting a record).

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:22

Stones V The Ruttles

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 31, 2013 14:22

pgarof
Stones V The Ruttles

[www.iorr.org]

Sorry, i pasted the wrong

Date: December 31, 2013 23:40

hbwriter
This is from Wilt Chamberlain's book- I did not see Wilt with Mick the day we sat in front of him- as a 15 year old Stones freak, it remains one of the most surreal moments of my life-

"During the 1976 Olympics, Mick Jagger was sitting in the stands next to me. He had one of his flunkies take a note down to a beautiful pentathlete who was getting set to perform in her high-jumping event. The message on the note stated that he would like to Coo her out to dinner after the meet. I couldn’t help but think: What poor taste. This young lady was getting ready to perform in the biggest event of her life and all Mick could think of was getting lucky with her.

He had no idea that I knew the lady well, and her fiancé too, who was a shot-putter. I am sure that if the shot-putter had gotten the note it would have been a great date for one rock-and-roll superstar. He still wouldn’t get no satisfaction, but his already big lips might have gotten even fatter!"
Cool story...the shotputer ended up a football player, I think later that year...

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 1, 2014 00:45

Funny, I remember watching that interview with Jim Lampley live and have not seen it since, yet I clearly remember him mentioning Lasse Viren. But I cannot remember what my wife asked me to bring home from the grocery store . . .

Date: January 1, 2014 01:52

Lasse Viren, eh...the first blood-doper... albiet legal at the time

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 2, 2014 23:09

Love that picture of Mick and Bianca - those smiles...they look sparkly and happy. At least for that moment.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 2, 2014 23:24

stupidguy2
Love that picture of Mick and Bianca - those smiles...they look sparkly and happy. At least for that moment.

Must have been before Mick had the note sent down to that lovely Canadian athelete.

Date: January 2, 2014 23:40

latebloomer
stupidguy2

Must have been before Mick had the note sent down to that lovely Canadian athelete.

What a dog....he's had beautiful partners and couldn't keep it in his pants.
He had Bianca, and he was sending random notes to random women.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-02 23:42 by stupidguy2.

Date: January 2, 2014 23:42

stupidguy2
latebloomer
stupidguy2

He was such a dog....

Yep, he had some chutzpah, our Mick...right in front of the wife. grinning smiley

Date: January 2, 2014 23:43

latebloomer
stupidguy2
latebloomer
stupidguy2

He was such a dog....

Yep, he had some chutzpah, our Mick...right in front of the wife. grinning smiley

Hopeless.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 2, 2014 23:54

I'm glad she turned him down. Beautiful girl. Decayed rock star...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 3, 2014 00:24

stupidguy2
latebloomer

Hopeless.

grinning smiley

Date: January 3, 2014 01:29

Rockman

Jump On Top Of Me Babe.......

This was the one?!
She would have crushed his skinny ass.
Mick was such a slimy bastard...its a wonder there haven't been more women writing books. I guess he was a gentlmanly slimy bastard.
But still. He had Bianca, beautitul, intelligent, a strong woman..way out of his league.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2014 02:06

stupidguy2
latebloomer
stupidguy2

What a dog....he's had beautiful partners and couldn't keep it in his pants.
He had Bianca, and he was sending random notes to random women.

To be fair, they were specific notes to specific women.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2014 02:07

Stoneage
I'm glad she turned him down. Beautiful girl. Decayed rock star...

oh yeah, I wonder how she turned out 40 years later?

Date: January 3, 2014 02:11

Pretty good, I'd say.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: January 3, 2014 03:22

GS1978

All cokes up as always in 1975/76 I guess?
But still handsome! He knew when to stop...

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: January 3, 2014 07:36

Mick looks great! His hair does too. Yeah he's a dog re girls but Bianca and co knew who they were shacking up with.
I'm sure L'ren is his sexual partner only every four times out of five nowadays too.
smoking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 3, 2014 08:47

Mick and Bianca 1976 again...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 3, 2014 20:46

i could be wrong ...i'm trying to remember.its somthing about the stones music and the era of its origin...its a word,oh i got it -freedom.

freedom to live and let live.be yourself and keep your nose out of other peoples business.

but look what we've become-the entire western world has turned into a bunch of catholic school teachers passing judgement on others and getting that ruler out to crack some knuckles.
the most uptight,rigid people since the 1950's walking around thinking they're being edgy and original because they have tattoos.

"how could he do such a terrible thing and with his WIFE RIGHT THERE!!" DIRTY BASTARD!!

i hate to scramble the brains of all the little magaret dumonts out there but bianca probably gave mick the idea to send the chick the note so they could have a 3-way.

Date: January 3, 2014 21:13

lem motlow
i could be wrong ...i'm trying to remember.its somthing about the stones music and the era of its origin...its a word,oh i got it -freedom.

freedom to live and let live.be yourself and keep your nose out of other peoples business.

but look what we've become-the entire western world has turned into a bunch of catholic school teachers passing judgement on others and getting that ruler out to crack some knuckles.
the most uptight,rigid people since the 1950's walking around thinking they're being edgy and original because they have tattoos.

"how could he do such a terrible thing and with his WIFE RIGHT THERE!!" DIRTY BASTARD!!

i hate to scramble the brains of all the little magaret dumonts out there but bianca probably gave mick the idea to send the chick the note so they could have a 3-way.

Hey Lem, get off of my cloud! I did use an emoticon...my comment was meant in jest. But you are right about the tattoo thing, it's become this meaningless symbol just to show you are trendy. Never understood them in the first place, honestly. One of my kids wants one and I'm fighting her on it.

As for Mick and Bianca, who knows what their relationship was like. You never know what's going on in someone elses marriage, even your closest friends and family, so it's anyone's guess about those two. I admire both of them for keeping quiet about it; it's not anyone else's business really.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home