Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Plundered my Soul...Mick Taylor's involvement????
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:00

DandelionPowderman
Jimmy C
I don't care if it's looped and spliced together, etc, - I like Doom and Gloom, but this song IS the best new release in 30 years for them, with the caveat being that I'm talking about the UK single version - which has MT's solos cranked up - vs. the US version which has them buried.

Another example of how dysfunctional they are when it comes to what they release - I swear they purposely buried MT on the US version since Keith lives in the US and probably doesn't have a UK iTunes account...

How Can I Stop is light years better, imo.

Is PMS better because Taylor's guitar is louder?

It starts to sound that you don't like "Plundered My Soul" because there is Taylor there...grinning smiley

But even though I like very much "How Can I Stop", and see it one of the highlights in the latter-day Stones input (and showing a rare glimpse of artistic maturity), as a song it belongs to different category as "Plundered My Soul". "How Can I Stop" is great because it convincingly adds something to Stones musical vocabulary, but the greatness of "Plundered My Soul" is that adds nothing but it is nothing but The Stones at their home vocabulary. But unlike the dozens of their late-day songs trying to say something with that familiar language but fail, this actually reminds how unique and magical the Stones really are at their best in their own typical sound. The latter was the thing that hit me so hard when I was introduced to the song, and like Mathijs and some others here I have not have that feeling of the magical presence of a Rolling Stones sound in a song since TATTOO YOU or UNDERCOVER days. It really is a different animal after all those yougotmerockings, dontstops, roughjustices etc. To me the song really is irrestible, and gets me hooked every time I listen it.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-28 20:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:10

Agreed. How Can I Stop is in a league of its own. It's beyond brilliant, quite possibly the best 'Stones' song since Wyman left. Plundered, however, and even with the new things done to it, still gets you right in the gut like so many of the songs from the 68-72 albums.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:12

Plundered is nowt, but a frankenstein like creation done purely to get people to buy Exile for umpteenth time.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:15

I think it was a brilliant link between past and present.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:18

His Majesty
Plundered is nowt, but a frankenstein like creation done purely to get people to buy Exile for umpteenth time.

Who cares why it was created for, or how, if the result just sounds great?

- Doxa

Date: December 28, 2013 20:24

His Majesty

Ahhhhh but I did not buy Exile again thanks to the stand alone 'rarities' album.

They did screw people into buying Some Girls again though...

Date: December 28, 2013 20:28

Doxa
His Majesty

Who cares why it was created for, or how, if the result just sounds great?

- Doxa

I'm sure Don Was can knock together some further frankenstein music for yah.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 28, 2013 20:37

If by 'Frankenstein' you mean great music that reminds you of how great the Stones used to be, I'll line up for that all day. Plundered and Don't Be a Stranger are so welcome in these end days of the Stones, wrapping up their legacy as a greatest hits act for big paydays.

Date: December 28, 2013 20:39

lol.

Date: December 28, 2013 21:40

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Jimmy C
I don't care if it's looped and spliced together, etc, - I like Doom and Gloom, but this song IS the best new release in 30 years for them, with the caveat being that I'm talking about the UK single version - which has MT's solos cranked up - vs. the US version which has them buried.

Another example of how dysfunctional they are when it comes to what they release - I swear they purposely buried MT on the US version since Keith lives in the US and probably doesn't have a UK iTunes account...

How Can I Stop is light years better, imo.

Is PMS better because Taylor's guitar is louder?

It starts to sound that you don't like "Plundered My Soul" because there is Taylor there...grinning smiley

But even though I like very much "How Can I Stop", and see it one of the highlights in the latter-day Stones input (and showing a rare glimpse of artistic maturity), as a song it belongs to different category as "Plundered My Soul". "How Can I Stop" is great because it convincingly adds something to Stones musical vocabulary, but the greatness of "Plundered My Soul" is that adds nothing but it is nothing but The Stones at their home vocabulary. But unlike the dozens of their late-day songs trying to say something with that familiar language but fail, this actually reminds how unique and magical the Stones really are at their best in their own typical sound. The latter was the thing that hit me so hard when I was introduced to the song, and like Mathijs and some others here I have not have that feeling of the magical presence of a Rolling Stones sound in a song since TATTOO YOU or UNDERCOVER days. It really is a different animal after all those yougotmerockings, dontstops, roughjustices etc. To me the song really is irrestible, and gets me hooked every time I listen it.

- Doxa

Don't be ridiculous smiling smiley

You can't polish a turd, and Jagger knows it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-28 21:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 28, 2013 22:56

DandelionPowderman

Well well...cool smiley

Date: December 29, 2013 00:00

Had he really loved it, he would have played it, don't you think?

Date: December 29, 2013 00:10

DandelionPowderman
Had he really loved it, he would have played it, don't you think?

Too many choices maybe? Besides it is not an easy one to perform live. It takes a lot of focus and energy to perform it properly, imo.
That 'loop feel'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-29 00:12 by LuxuryStones.

Date: December 29, 2013 00:16

That would be totally up to Jagger's performance, imo.

The instrumentation is similar to TD. The stop and start-feel as well smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-29 00:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 00:39

Eleanor Rigby
71Tele
Mathijs
RockinJive
So why is the song so bad?

I think it's one of the best things they've done since Tattoo You and Undercover actually.

Mathijs

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2013 02:21

....lotta hitch-hikin' going on around here

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 29, 2013 18:24

After 'Best songs from the 73 Tour' this is the most viewed video of my channel. Guess that isn't caused by the music only, great as it is. grinning smiley

Date: December 29, 2013 20:06

DandelionPowderman

So... what do you call Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, A Bigger Bang... ha ha ha ha.

SUPER SHINY?

Date: December 30, 2013 02:01

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

So... what do you call Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, A Bigger Bang... ha ha ha ha.

SUPER SHINY?

He didn't sing all the songs from those albums smiling smiley

I agree with Jagger in preferring Terrifying, LIS, Harlem Shuffle and Back Of My Hand instead of PMS...

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:23

One would think that the Stones being as big as they are, finishing songs or any sort of collaboration with any other musicians outside of the band itself, would be a fairly legally complex issue. Lawyers would have to be involved and all legalities considerd before they even began to think of having anyone else play on the new record . M.Taylor hasn't been a member of the band for years and I'm sure has his own manaegment team,(LAWYERS). And the Stones legal people will be top of the line in their industry, way out numbering M.Taylors. Must be one major cluster @#$%& and I wonder if any of it is really worth it at this late date?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home