Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Brussels Affair
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: December 25, 2013 01:49

what is the Brussels Affair?Im sorry I really dont know.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: Brussels Affair
Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 25, 2013 01:51

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 25, 2013 02:11

Give yourself a great xmas present..GET IT NOW

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 25, 2013 02:19

A recording that features much in the way of widdle widdle.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: December 25, 2013 02:54

Wah wah pedal is featured on a few tunes

Interesting factoid--
In 1973, The Rolling Stones were banned from entering France due to pending drug cases against Keith Richards, Bobby Keys and Anita Pallenberg. The band decided to organise a concert in Brussels for the French audience; RTL Radio chartered a train for French fans.

(wikipedia)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-25 02:57 by triceratops.

Date: December 25, 2013 02:55

Brilliant widdle widdle..the best of its kind...

Date: December 25, 2013 03:41

Eleanor Rigby
Brilliant widdle widdle..the best of its kind...

Only if you listen to nothing, but Rolling Stones music. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 25, 2013 03:54

....BA... bangin' a cabbage growers wife ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 25, 2013 06:06

Brussels Affair is the greatest live album in rock history. Inexplicably never officially released until a couple of years ago, and then unfortunately, only in either download or $750+ box sets.

Date: December 25, 2013 06:11

drbryant
Brussels Affair is the greatest live album in rock history. Inexplicably never officially released until a couple of years ago, and then unfortunately, only in either download or $750+ box sets.

The official release is a different album.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 25, 2013 06:52

drbryant

It's my favourite live album. The sound of a dirty juggernaut of a rock n roll band.

To the o.p, don't buy the official downloadable album off of The Stones archive, seek out the bootleg version, it's so much better!

Date: December 25, 2013 06:55

His Majesty
drbryant

The official release is a different album.

This is correct. The Stones played two shows that day. The early bootleg cassette/album was what we now know was the "early show", with Star Star omitted. The official download is primarily the late show, with edits. Opinions on the differences in both sound and performance are all over the board. I think both are vital - official version has more clarity, first show has an organic quality that I like but is very light on bass.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: December 25, 2013 13:36

I remember the original bootleg lying around in our house in the late 7-tees already.thumbs up

Date: December 25, 2013 14:33

I got my BA back in the mid 90s on cd. Bought the vinyl a few years later. I have several different versions now.

Have enjoyed this immensly for years, even though I only find half the album (it's not a show) really good anymore.

My favourites are Angie, MR and RTJ.

Date: December 25, 2013 15:07

DandelionPowderman
I got my BA back in the mid 90s on cd. Bought the vinyl a few years later. I have several different versions now.

Have enjoyed this immensly for years, even though I only find half the album (it's not a show) really good anymore.

I don't really know the actual difference between all the releases over the years, and the one that is still on my attic though. Is it about the music: different songs, or just different in the mix.. What makes people hunt for all this.. I must be missing something ?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 25, 2013 15:37

'Brussels Affair' in extended format, most viewed video of my channel (with footage from 1973 European Tour):

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 25, 2013 16:13

The first 'live' bootleg I ever listened too. It's still terrific. I'm yet to hear the 'official' release. It's a different show, of course, but are there any major differences in the performance?

Date: December 25, 2013 16:41

Big Al
The first 'live' bootleg I ever listened too. It's still terrific. I'm yet to hear the 'official' release. It's a different show, of course, but are there any major differences in the performance?

Many, many different opinions on this point. Most think that overall the "breakfast" show is better. I don't know - I think Jagger sounds better in the evening show and that Keith is just locked in.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: December 25, 2013 17:26

mandu
what is the Brussels Affair?Im sorry I really dont know.

Stones at their live best . Well worth reading [www.rollingstonesnet.com] to get an understanding of the different 'Brussels' shows in circulation. My personal favorite Brussels bootleg mixes tracks from Brussels 10-17-1973 and London 9-9-1973 (Gimme Shelter, Happy, Street Fighting Man)and Rotterdam 10-14-1973 (Brown Sugar).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 25, 2013 17:40

Neither recordings is bad. I just put the early, funkier Dancing With Mr. D. from the 'real' boot into the officially released version.

Date: December 25, 2013 19:09

The Stones stuffed this release up..
what would have been perfect is BOTH shows released as a super deluxe double CD.
in the end we got the mostly inferior second show.
Angie from the first show is simply stunning.

Date: December 25, 2013 19:41

kleermaker
'Brussels Affair' in extended format, most viewed video of my channel (with footage from 1973 European Tour):

Loud & clear, Kleer.thumbs up

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: December 25, 2013 20:41

drbryant

Excuse for my bad english writing.
I'm Rolling Stones fan off 1963. But I can not understand that almost everyone find a great live album. I think the voice of Mick poor and monotonous.
Am I the only one out there to find nothing?
Greetings Bert Ironing Netherlands.

Date: December 25, 2013 20:50

Idorh
drbryant

I'm Rolling Stones fan off 1963. But I can not understand that almost everyone find a great live album. I think the voice of Mick poor and monotonous.

A matter of taste, I liked Jagger's voice best on Essen'70,winking smiley, as far as the Taylor live era is concerned.

Greetings, Mr Kruppstahl, Holland. Germany.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: December 25, 2013 21:28

grab this version hands down the best [www.filefactory.com]

Date: December 25, 2013 22:31

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

I don't really know the actual difference between all the releases over the years, and the one that is still on my attic though. Is it about the music: different songs, or just different in the mix.. What makes people hunt for all this.. I must be missing something ?

It's performances from different shows. Intended for a live release. Horn overdubs were added later.

Date: December 25, 2013 23:54

Idorh

I can sympathise with your view.

I had the bootleg years ago, but I just found the gig irritating due to the near constant lead guitar.

It's not the real Rolling Stones, but somehong else. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-26 00:14 by His Majesty.

Date: December 26, 2013 00:21

His Majesty

It's not the real Rolling Stones, but somehong else. smiling smiley

Biased judgement. winking smiley

It's not the original Rolling Stones, let's say the band that started in 1963.

Date: December 26, 2013 00:36

LuxuryStones

Biased judgement. winking smiley

It's not the original Rolling Stones, let's say the band that started in 1963.

Not biased, just factual. There are what, 4 or so new musicians onstage, So something else indeed, but a lot of people think it's better than the real thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-26 00:38 by His Majesty.

Date: December 26, 2013 00:40

Merry Xmas, HM.grinning smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home