Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Carmel, California, Cool !
Date: December 20, 2013 18:20

cool smiley Maybe C. Eastwood is a fan...

(The one of keith at the 'bar' is already sold.)

Re: Carmel, California, Cool !
Date: December 20, 2013 18:21

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 20, 2013 18:29

Just picked this up last week...that outta shake up those old blue haired locals...especially in the 'Peninsula Scene' section...

"Why is HE on the cover" ewwwwwww

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 20, 2013 18:43

We were traveling up north and got sleepy around Carmel. After getting a hotel room around 9PM we decided to get a bite to eat. The entire town was closed.

Date: December 20, 2013 18:43

I know - it's not Town & Country , yet pretty close. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 20, 2013 19:21

I've never been to Carmel. All I know about it is that Chevy Chase robbed their bank.

Date: December 20, 2013 20:31

...and Clint was the mayor in 1886...

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 20, 2013 22:15

Ethan Russell's photos are some of the best for the late 60s early 70s. I like the ones he did for Altamont and also Beatles Let it Be film/recording sessions.

I believe he did some startling/great photographs of Brian Jones at home shortly before he died

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 20, 2013 23:09

nightskyman

I believe he did some startling/great photographs of Brian Jones at home shortly before he died

Circa November 1968.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 21, 2013 03:23

Every time I hear the name Carmel I want to eat a candy bar.... or something.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 21, 2013 04:09

Munichhilton

Clint is old, but not THAT old LOL... I actually worked on the Mntry Peninsula when he was elected mayor, he did his 1 term... didn't really accomplish much besides reversing a statute that had made it illegal to eat ice cream on sidewalks... oh yeah, he married a local (younger)TV News Anchor and they had a child together, she has since divorsed him & went back to work at the TV station from 25 years ago (Don't mess with the Mayor)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 21, 2013 05:10

NoCode0680
I've never been to Carmel. All I know about it is that Chevy Chase robbed their bank.

Yes, he did. But he didn't enjoy it.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 21, 2013 05:11

To be factual Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel for two years 1986-1988 and he got quite a lot done. Unfortunately, when a man is rich, famous and a worldwide icon, women of all ages are after him. Including the soon to be ex-Mrs. Eastwood.

Carmel is a small, very beautiful old village on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, half an hour from Big Sur, two hours from San Francisco.

Nice that Ethan's photographs will be seen there.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 21, 2013 06:43

Stonesrule, I believe Dina Ruiz had interviewed Clint during the AT&T Golf tournament and they became close after that... they Married in Vegas and led a semi private life for the most part, I read where they had some sort of reality TV show, that doesn't sound like Clints Idea??? Again, having lived on the Monterey Peninsula for all those years this made the local headlines as you would expect... been in Oregon since 2005 thankfully & haven't kept up on the drama... Sunset Theater is a great venue this looks like FUN!

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: December 21, 2013 15:56

nightskyman
Ethan Russell's photos are some of the best for the late 60s early 70s. I like the ones he did for Altamont and also Beatles Let it Be film/recording sessions.

I don't know but I think Jim Marshall's photos are the best of that period. His Stones photos are quite simply a notch above the rest.

Date: December 21, 2013 16:04

gripweed
Munichhilton

Clint is old, but not THAT old LOL... I actually worked on the Mntry Peninsula when he was elected mayor, he did his 1 term... didn't really accomplish much besides reversing a statute that had made it illegal to eat ice cream on sidewalks... oh yeah, he married a local (younger)TV News Anchor and they had a child together, she has since divorsed him & went back to work at the TV station from 25 years ago (Don't mess with the Mayor)

I always figured being mayor didn't hurt business at the Hogs Breath Inn or Mission Ranch either...

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: December 24, 2013 10:45

Carmel is gorgeous & if you haven't gone, go spend a couple days....and be sure to take the 17-mile scenic drive around the coast there. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home