Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Jagger Interview: 'If you start thinking how pretty the sunset is, you get lost'
Date: December 10, 2013 16:05

kleermaker
Rokyfan
Stoneage
Very little content, as usual. There are so many things Sir Michael won't talk about.
two nice lines:

the subtle dig at U2 not having one of their best nights a G'bury, and
Lennon told him not to meet Elvis; interesting.

He is what he is. He doesn't give much in interviews. What's the point in knocking him for being what he is?

It has nothing to do with knocking him, but everything with stating a fact.

Weren't Mick's interviews just as vivid and fun as John's up till 1980?

How would John-interviews have been, him being in his mid-70s?

My guess is that they would have been quite similar to Mick's smiling smiley

Re: Mick Jagger Interview: 'If you start thinking how pretty the sunset is, you get lost'
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 10, 2013 17:45

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Rokyfan
Stoneage
Very little content, as usual. There are so many things Sir Michael won't talk about.
two nice lines:

He is what he is. He doesn't give much in interviews. What's the point in knocking him for being what he is?

I guess John still would be able to provide some interesting quotes about Paul. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-10 22:09 by kleermaker.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 10, 2013 19:43

what in the hell are you people looking for?? he talked about all kinds of things-

1.what it was like at glastonbury and preparing for it
2.that he went into the crowd and watched artic monkeys to check out sightlines to the stage.
3.that he couldnt remember hyde 69 and only knows it from the movie.
4.what its like onstage-a dangerous place with cables and people throwing things so you have to pay attention.
5.that he was visiting the south during the james brown movie that he was working on.
6.making an elvis biopic
7.that lennon told him not to meet elvis[probably something about meeting your heroes]
8.that he was still writing songs

and that was enough-thank god jagger understands how boring it is to have some windbag celebrity talking and carrying on about their deep inner thoughts and views on the state of the world.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: December 10, 2013 20:40

"Oh, I write songs all the time; actually, I was just finishing doing some yesterday."

Could that possibly mean "finishing" as in, finishing some UN finished songs from the past?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 10, 2013 22:12

lem motlow
what in the hell are you people looking for?

I am not looking for anything, except for my beer. Found it smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 10, 2013 22:14

Turning To Gold
finishing some UN finished songs

Now what do the United Nations have to do with it ?

-------------------

Date: December 10, 2013 23:30

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Rokyfan
Stoneage
two nice lines:

I guess John still would be able to provide some interesting quotes about Paul. winking smiley

Probably, but Mick's "I dunno what Keith does. The last I heard was that he was listening to Chuck Berry. I dunno if that's true" was indeed priceless grinning smiley

Date: December 10, 2013 23:32

lem motlow
what in the hell are you people looking for?? he talked about all kinds of things-

1.what it was like at glastonbury and preparing for it
2.that he went into the crowd and watched artic monkeys to check out sightlines to the stage.
3.that he couldnt remember hyde 69 and only knows it from the movie.
4.what its like onstage-a dangerous place with cables and people throwing things so you have to pay attention.
5.that he was visiting the south during the james brown movie that he was working on.
6.making an elvis biopic
7.that lennon told him not to meet elvis[probably something about meeting your heroes]
8.that he was still writing songs

and that was enough-thank god jagger understands how boring it is to have some windbag celebrity talking and carrying on about their deep inner thoughts and views on the state of the world.

The problem is that he, without exceptions, has said all of this before.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: December 10, 2013 23:39

lem motlow

In another interview (someone posted a link to it on this board, but I wouldn't know how to find it), in response to a question about whether he had any regrets, Jagger said he wished he had met Elvis Presley. He said he didn't because Lennon had told him what a disappointment it had been for him, but that in retrospect he still should have done it while he had the chance.

Date: December 10, 2013 23:45

DandelionPowderman

and its a pretty good update on whats happening with jagger and the stones.live shows,movies,writing songs....you couldnt have read the same things that many times since most of what he's talking about has happened in the last year.

so i'll ask again,what is it that you want?what could he say that would make you feel better about things?

Date: December 10, 2013 23:57

lem motlow
DandelionPowderman

and its a pretty good update on whats happening with jagger and the stones.live shows,movies,writing songs....you couldnt have read the same things that many times since most of what he's talking about has happened in the last year.

so i'll ask again,what is it that you want?what could he say that would make you feel better about things?

How they rehearse, how they make it work, name a few songs they've tried out, some more about what kind of songs he's writing...

Lots of things, like "the old Jagger" would talk about and joke around with.

I'm not complaining, but Glasto, films, Elvis, 50 & Counting so far and the other stuff I've heard several times before. But then again, I'm a Stones fan...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 11, 2013 00:36

It's a bit like actors doing press for a movie, they tell the same story to every reporter. They don't expect everybody to read every interview so this way their "message" will reach everybody.
We are just a bit too obsessed that we read interviews in American, European, Australian and Chinese newspapers smiling smiley

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 11, 2013 01:11

What is it that we want?

See the Xmas thread for suggestions.

Date: December 11, 2013 01:13

Wuudy
It's a bit like actors doing press for a movie, they tell the same story to every reporter. They don't expect everybody to read every interview so this way their "message" will reach everybody.
We are just a bit too obsessed that we read interviews in American, European, Australian and Chinese newspapers smiling smiley

So true.

Date: December 11, 2013 01:28

lem motlow
so i'll ask again,what is it that you want?

So I'll tell you again. I just want my beer, and I found it ... so smileys with beer cheers again

-------------------

Date: December 11, 2013 01:30

Rolling Hansie
lem motlow
so i'll ask again,what is it that you want?

So I'll tell you again. I just want my beer, and I found it ... so smileys with beer cheers again

smileys with beer

Date: December 11, 2013 21:30

Wuudy

we have a winner-the truth is we spend to much time worrying about these things.

and of course there has to be a loser-sorry but the non-sequiturs about the beer,not funny.i hope your beer doesnt fall as flat as that bit did.

Date: December 11, 2013 22:38

lem motlow
about the beer,not funny

It wasn't meant to be funny, I was very serious

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2013 22:45

"If you start thinking how pretty the Victoria's Secret models are, you get lost... or something"

Posted by: caesar ()
Date: December 11, 2013 23:23

He's just a f*cking ridicolous clown!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-15 16:48 by caesar.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 11, 2013 23:27

New word for the day.

j*st.

How to pronounce it?

Jay starst.

Jasteriskst?

confused smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2013 23:40

His Majesty
New word for the day.

Jasteriskst?

Yeah, I heard of that... isnt it some kind of tuna?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2013 00:52

Pretty funny article/interview actually, hehe...and yes, Mick's not taking this too seriously, hence the IORR song, and the fact that he's till doing it. He's the best at what he does, doesn't mean he has to preach or share his thoughts on everything even though I for one wouldn't mind listening in. It's a bit like when they ask all these ridiculous questions to sports stars and everyone plays along.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 15, 2013 16:58

CanYouHearTheMusic
kleermaker
Stoneage

He hasn't much to say. He isn't a John Lennon. Just a Jagger.

No . . . he isn't a John Lennon, and thank God for that. Since you're having a piss take I'll simply respond with this: Mick isn't full of himself. He doesn't have to talk about how *everyone* should do what he does (an almost *direct* quote from John from his final Playboy interview), he doesn't spend an entire decade of interviews telling everybody what to do, he doesn't pretentiously proclaim himself a working class hero whilst calling everyone else "@#$%& peasants," and last but definitely not least, he has the dignity to not announce in print that "if there is such thing as a genius, I am one." Mick is a *lot* more humble than people give him credit for and doesn't follow his insecurities down a rabbit hole in print like a certain other songwriter from the Stones, not to mention the departed Lennon. I, for one, will take Mick's frosty, detached dignity and voracious appetite for privacy, over Keith and John's asinine arrogance any day of the week. >grinning smiley<

A lot of truth! And very funny smileys with beer

Date: December 15, 2013 17:03

As a 70 year old, Jagger is more humble - would be more correct smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 15, 2013 17:12

He simply sounds bland.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 17:12

Bastion
"Listen, darling"

Doubt he said that.

Of course he'd say that. First off he could have been speaking to a girl. But even if not...Jagger's pretty camp.
Just watch him with Reg or L. Kravitz.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 17:29

Thank you PM for posting this; and fielding some surprising reactions to it.
I actually think Jagger said a good bit. he just has that laconic interview style. he's a pro. Also - I know that w/ Jagger it makes a huge difference if you SEE him say the words.
I guess he assumes we, the readers know how to connect the dots. And therefore, he expects intelligence. I like that.
E.g the Lennon/Elvis remark. Keith probably would have told a colorful, entertaining anecdote of half-truths about how he and the King shot off guns.
Jagger throws out 5 words. He expects the reader to know of the Beatles' disappointing meet with Elvis; the Fender Bass; how it often pays to not meet up with your heroes.
The songwriting: every songwriter knows that for each song used, he probably writes 10, and aborts another 20.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: December 15, 2013 19:28

kleermaker
He simply sounds bland.

Jagger is the Stones' 'voice' by now. Not bland for a 70 years old singer it think.smiling smiley

Date: December 15, 2013 22:53

caesar
He's just a f*cking ridicolous clown!

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home