Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith to return in next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 27, 2013 23:10

EXCLUSIVE: Keith Richards to return as Johnny Depp's swashbuckling dad in next Pirates Of The Caribbean film... and Christopher Waltz may play the villain

'After months of talks, Keith has signed on to rejoin Johnny Depp in this fifth Pirates film,' a source tells MailOnline. 'Cameras are scheduled to start rolling in October.'

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-28 14:17 by bv.

Re: Great news for all Keith's fans>>>>>
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 27, 2013 23:46

'Cameras are scheduled to start rolling in October.'

Will it be during a break of the expected 2014 tour?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 27, 2013 23:52

Keith has been in some very sucessful movies. Mick, not so much.

How many minutes does Keith get in these pirate movies? Sadly enough I have never seen one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-27 23:57 by triceratops.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 28, 2013 02:32

Cristiano Radtke

They no longer break in between tours, they tour in between breaks.

The movie itself begins filming in October, and what with Keith's on-screen time being minimal they will probably only need him on the set for a few days at most.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 28, 2013 02:57

stonehearted
Cristiano Radtke

They no longer break in between tours, they tour in between breaks.

The movie itself begins filming in October, and what with Keith's on-screen time being minimal they will probably only need him on the set for a few days at most.

I was thinking about that. It seems to me that he only appears on the movies for about 1 or 2 minutes. Maybe in one afternoon he can do his job and go to the concert. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2013 03:00

to know the great news for Keith...

Keith Richards to return as Johnny Depp's swashbuckling dad in next Pirates Of The Caribbean film

Keith Richards will once again step into the boots of Captain Teague, MailOnline can exclusively reveal.

The Rolling Stones musician is set to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow's father in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

'After months of talks, Keith has signed on to rejoin Johnny Depp in this fifth Pirates film,' a source tells MailOnline. 'Cameras are scheduled to start rolling in October.'

Also, Christopher Waltz may plan villain Captain Brand, MailOnline has learned.

Keith has appeared in two previous Pirate films: 2007's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and 2011's Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

In 2012 the rock god said the chances of him coming back to the movie franchise were good.

'I spoke to Johnny a couple of weeks ago and he said, "Are you up for another one?"' he offered.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-28 14:03 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 28, 2013 03:51

triceratops

How many minutes does Keith get in these pirate movies? Sadly enough I have never seen one.

Mick's been in some very critically successful movies (and some stinkers). Hasn't made a big budget movie ever has he? Freejack maybe?

What has Keith done except 'play himself' in Depp's flick?

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 28, 2013 05:11

Good for Keith if he get's a kick outa playing a pirate. He ain't no great actor however and I hope he realizes his own ineptness?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 28, 2013 07:55

You've got to be kidding. It's probably the worst contume and makeup in the history of motion pictures. A friend of mine worked on it, and is a huge Stones fan, and did the biggest face-palm when he saw that outfit.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:02

tomk
You've got to be kidding. It's probably the worst contume and makeup in the history of motion pictures. A friend of mine worked on it, and is a huge Stones fan, and did the biggest face-palm when he saw that outfit.

eye popping smiley I LOVE that outfit! I'd kill for that hat!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:18

Jeez! I end up completely in the wake ...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:31

treaclefingers

Mick's been in some very critically successful movies (and some stinkers). Hasn't made a big budget movie ever has he? Freejack maybe?

But in all fairness, Jagger's most memorable role has been playing... hmmm... a spoiled rock star...

But true that Jagger's films have been a bit more ambitious... Not Walt Disney stuff exactly, to say it mildly (except that FREEJACK maybe).

It is kind of funny that Jagger seems to be more artistically than money driven when it goes to movies (his roles and the stuff he produces) than in music.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-28 10:35 by Doxa.

Date: November 28, 2013 10:33

It's just easy entertainment, and Keith only has a very small cameo grinning smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:38

DandelionPowderman
Keith only has a very small cameo

Oh no, another discussion about a small thing smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:44

DandelionPowderman
It's just easy entertainment, and Keith only has a very small cameo grinning smiley

But in all fairness, Keith spends the whole gig there on stage, and not just those two solo numbers... aah, you mean the movie...winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: November 28, 2013 10:47

Rolling Hansie
DandelionPowderman
Keith only has a very small cameo

Oh no, another discussion about a small thing smiling smiley

Just putting out the fire, before it escalates with Keith bashers criticising him for doing the movie - good ol' precautiousness smiling smiley

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: November 28, 2013 12:20

Keith The Rock God !!! nothing more true.........Mick movies will not even comment...................................

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 28, 2013 13:59

treaclefingers
Mick's been in some very critically successful movies (and some stinkers).

I have only seen him in a Nightingale - a Chinese fairytale. I had no idea he did something like that and when I saw the DVD with him on a cover I just had to get it. I cost 2 or 3 Euro and it was worth each cent :-)

Edit: I found it - here it is:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-28 14:03 by Happy24.

Date: November 28, 2013 20:41

treaclefingers
triceratops

Mick always goes for larger roles and is expected to carry the movie the way he carries a rock concert, whereas Keith is only on screen for minutes.

As for big budget movies, apparently Mick hasn't befriended--or been befriended by--any big budget stars who would see about getting him a role in their movies.

Re: Keith to return in next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 28, 2013 22:09

has Mick ever been in any good movies ? I know Keith hasn't..?

Date: November 28, 2013 22:18

<<has Mick ever been in any good movies ?>>

Although some don't like this one....

Plus he was almost in a Werner Herzog film in a minor supporting role, but ultimately couldn't stay to film his part due to scheduling of the '81 tour. Another factor was that time had to be taken for Herzog to find a suitable location for a jungle camp so that filming could begin, which as a result was delayed by 13 months.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 28, 2013 22:25

JD please keep your stop your ancient father from climbing trees in the Caribbean.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 28, 2013 22:25

...you can't replace him ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:40

Rockman

You can't?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:58

Aquamarine
tomk

eye popping smiley I LOVE that outfit! I'd kill for that hat!

To each his own, but I saw it in the theater, and even I laughed at it.
My friend who worked on it showed me some still photos of Keith in costume, and they were just hideous. The outfit was bad, but that beard was just f***ing god-awful. Just put him out there with no stick-on beard.

Date: November 29, 2013 09:09

I thought the costume was fine but the makeup was atrocious. Why did they have to make him so ugly, with that horrid prosthetic nose?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 29, 2013 09:14

Doxa
treaclefingers

But in all fairness, Jagger's most memorable role has been playing... hmmm... a spoiled rock star...

But true that Jagger's films have been a bit more ambitious... Not Walt Disney stuff exactly, to say it mildly (except that FREEJACK maybe).

It is kind of funny that Jagger seems to be more artistically than money driven when it goes to movies (his roles and the stuff he produces) than in music.

- Doxa

Ned Kelly was brilliant and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Date: November 29, 2013 10:02

Come On
Rockman

You can't?

Johnny's uncle?

Date: November 29, 2013 10:17

I expect quality this time, as two norwegians are trying to polish this turd. They had a tough start, though, the script was rejected, resulting in a long delay before they can start shooting.

Sandberg and Rønning made Kon Tiki earlier, an Oscar nominated film, in which a friend of mine played one of the main characters.

Let's hope for some improvement, at least...

Date: November 29, 2013 10:28

If I were an actor, I would be very interested in playing roles in quality children's films. They are ageless and will be loved by generations of children, as well as (hopefully) being wholesome enough so that one's own children wouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home