Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Freddie Mercury
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 26, 2013 04:15

keefriffhard4life
BlackHat
Without Freddie the other three cannot even be described as ordinary.

are you serious? the drummer was pretty good and did most of the high note singing

he also wrote radio gaga

Despite having written Ladio Gaga, I also think his contributions are worthy.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 26, 2013 05:28

liddas
Huge Queen fan up to the Works. Queen live killers remains one of the greatest live records ever. With a kind of magic I lost them a little.

Freddy was the man.

As a huge Queen fan you should know how to spell his name smoking smiley

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 15:30

I love Queen, number 3 on my list of favourite bands. Freddie was outstanding. I discovered Queen, and this is embarrassing, in "Wayne´s world"... with the wonderful Bohemian Rhapsody. A bit later (?), it was Freddie´s Living on my own. I was in my early teens and it was only several years later that I listened more to Queen. Big fan now though.

--

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 16:07

custom55
RollingFreak
crholmstrom
There is a concert video that shows up on Palladia of Queen in Montreal. It is very good. By the end of the show, except for a pair of short shorts, a trucker cap & a jaunty red kerchief Freddie is basically naked. Totally has the crowd in the palm of his hand. He was a master at that.

This rocks !!!

This whole concert is absolutely fantastic, except of this moment when Freddie walks on stage "dressed" as described above. I only managed to watch that once and I was really embarrased, not knowing where to look really. I mean Freddie, eventhough being gay, normaly behaved sort of "male" on stage (judging from the videos I have seen), but at that moment with those shorts, cap and kerchief on, he looked like a poor little gay prostitute. There is a commentary track of Brian and Roger on the DVD and if I remember correctly, they said something like that they were embarrased too. Again, speaking about music, this concert is fantastic and it is also the only concert of Queen captured on film with movie cameras, so the quality of picture is outstanding too.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 28, 2013 05:52

Queen was always overrated, pretentious, pompous, shallow, lame, plastic and fake.
tedious and boring...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:36

Flashback: Queen Steal the Show at Live Aid
Watch the band's triumphant 1985 set

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2013 13:43

runaway
Flashback: Queen Steal the Show at Live Aid
Watch the band's triumphant 1985 set

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

Awesomenss... in only 20 minutes

Queen had a pretty tough task when they took the stage at Live Aid in July of 1985. This was arguably the biggest concert in rock history, featuring reunions of Led Zeppelin, the Who, Black Sabbath and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in addition to performances from pretty much every big name in rock. How could they possibly stand out? Freddie Mercury insisted to the press that the show wasn't any kind of competition, yet they slyly requested to go onstage at Wembley Stadium at 6:00 p.m., knowing viewership in England was likely to begin peaking around then.

They had their work cut out for them. "Money for Nothing" was the song of the summer, and Dire Straits had just played it with Sting before wrapping up with "Sultans of Swing." Their set was preceded by U2, who absolutely destroyed the place with a two-song set that culminated with a 12-minute version of "Bad." Queen also knew they were to be immediately followed by David Bowie, the first Who performance in three years and Elton John with special guest Wham!

Given 20 minutes, Mercury's band did everything possible to cram a full concert into it. They opened with an abbreviated "Bohemian Rhapsody" that went right into "Radio Ga Ga." Their newest single, "Hammer to Fall," came next, followed by "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and the finale of "We Will Rock You" into "We Are the Champions." Many bands were swallowed up by the enormous Wembley stage (on loan from Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA tour), but Mercury worked it like an absolute pro>>>>more [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2013 13:45

The full Queen set at Live Aid July 1985

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 28, 2013 23:46

One of the best ever. Saw Queen in 1977 and 1979.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: November 29, 2013 00:14

Queen was at their peak with The Game when I was 14, so their music knock me very strong. Also they came to Argentina (where i am from ) in 1981, so it was incredible, it was like a Queen fever here.

They were not chuck berry rock and rollers like the Stones or The Faces, but they knew very well how to write and play great rock songs. I will miss Freddie and Queen forever.

Fernando

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home