Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Freddie Mercury
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 24, 2013 11:06

. . who died 22 years ago today. (22 years--unbelievable.)

I wasn't much of a fan at the time, and Queen are still not my favorite band by a long way, although I was very impressed by their Live Aid appearance, but I've come to appreciate them a lot more as time has passed--and it goes without saying that it's such a tragedy that Freddie was an early casualty of AIDS.

Here's to an extremely talented frontman.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-24 12:23 by bv.

Re: OT--RIP Freddie Mercury
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 24, 2013 11:46

Queen was a great rockband!
RIP'Galileo figaro'

Re: OT--RIP Freddie Mercury
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 24, 2013 11:49

Queen was the biggest act on Live Aid and watching Queen video clips is great fun.

Queen Radio Gaga-Live Aid 1985

Re: OT: Freddie Mercury
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 24, 2013 12:43

There is a concert video that shows up on Palladia of Queen in Montreal. It is very good. By the end of the show, except for a pair of short shorts, a trucker cap & a jaunty red kerchief Freddie is basically naked. Totally has the crowd in the palm of his hand. He was a master at that. I saw them pretty early on (with Thin Lizzy on the "Jailbreak" as opener!) & it was awesome. Later on, things got a little too over the top but they were still good.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 24, 2013 13:13

crholmstrom
There is a concert video that shows up on Palladia of Queen in Montreal. It is very good. By the end of the show, except for a pair of short shorts, a trucker cap & a jaunty red kerchief Freddie is basically naked. Totally has the crowd in the palm of his hand. He was a master at that.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 24, 2013 13:19

RollingFreak
crholmstrom
There is a concert video that shows up on Palladia of Queen in Montreal. It is very good. By the end of the show, except for a pair of short shorts, a trucker cap & a jaunty red kerchief Freddie is basically naked. Totally has the crowd in the palm of his hand. He was a master at that.

He lost the hat @ some point.grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2013 17:18

crholmstrom
There is a concert video that shows up on Palladia of Queen in Montreal. It is very good. By the end of the show, except for a pair of short shorts, a trucker cap & a jaunty red kerchief Freddie is basically naked. Totally has the crowd in the palm of his hand. He was a master at that. I saw them pretty early on (with Thin Lizzy on the "Jailbreak" as opener!) & it was awesome. Later on, things got a little too over the top but they were still good.

Scarfimian Rhapsody?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 24, 2013 18:28

Queen-Who Wants To Live Forever(Live at Wembley 86)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 24, 2013 19:14

Freddie Mercury was a gifted front-man and Queen were absolutely huge in their homeland. Queens Greatest Hits is Britain's biggest-selling album in the U.K.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: November 24, 2013 19:31

Great front n\ man but incredibly overrated band

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 24, 2013 20:10

Magnificent front man and a very good band. Watching live at Wembley Stadium 1986 with a mate. I miss the guy.....

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 24, 2013 20:22

Freddie Mercury was, is and will be forever the greatest rocksinger. A voice, which sounded like an orchestra. Also Queen is the band with the most talented musicans.

So happy, that I saw Freddie with Queen in 1986 on their last world tour.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 24, 2013 20:30

Enjoy this great concert! I saw the same show in my hometown!

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: November 24, 2013 20:35

Ladykiller
Freddie Mercury was, is and will be forever the greatest rocksinger. A voice, which sounded like an orchestra. Also Queen is the band with the most talented musicans.

So happy, that I saw Freddie with Queen in 1986 on their last world tour.

So true,and also the most educated and with real substance. An amazing and one of a kind lineup, unique for a rock band.

Congrats to all that had the chance to see Freddie live. He was such a tremendous artist, the greatest indeed.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 24, 2013 20:57

The guy was a powerhouse. Voice and stage presence. The world can do with more like him. He's sorely missed.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 24, 2013 23:03

Good ole Freddie smileys with beer He juts made great music, he never talked any BS (that I heard), he never talked when he was sick... he just kept creating great music tracks, almost to the day he died, too soon, and never said a word... he was/is one of the KINGS!! Freddie will live forever.

CRANK THIS ONE UP TO 11 FOR FREDDIE!!!

I saw Queen live from the 3rd row center at Kemper aranea back in the day, on the tour where they had the lights banks that moved up and down and HELL YES!!! they absolutley blew the roof off, and that is all it takes for me, seeing a band live just doing "IT" as well as it can be done.... and they did, and Freddie did, and I never forget. They have my respect forever. Freddie will live forever.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 24, 2013 23:12

It is interesting to ponder what Freddie Mercury would have been like if he had become a plumber instead....

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: November 25, 2013 00:18

Without Freddie the other three cannot even be described as ordinary.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: November 25, 2013 05:29

i love this band as much as the Stones. great song writers and musician performers. but, these guys can't dress! the shorts, kerchief look is about as terrible as it comes. the bass player is in a pair of gym shorts at the '86 wembley show-horrible. angus young is the only guy allowed to wear shorts on the stage in my opinion. queen should have stuck to wearing the late 70s garb, leather jackets, black pants etc look, far classier.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 25, 2013 07:45

I went to The Works tour in New Zealand,they played at Mount Smart Stadium,what Fantastic show

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 25, 2013 07:50

I am not a huge Queen fan but Freddie had a great set of pipes, was a great showman and performer. With all of the production I would have never figured Queen to be a great live band but they absolutely stole the show at Live Aid and I gained a tremendous amount of respect for them and not just Freddie but the whole band. That said I still don't like to sit down and listen to much of their music.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 25, 2013 08:46

Queen? Theathralic stuff eyy...I love May's first stick in 'We are the champions' though...that's rock...!!!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:31

Always liked Queen & they were a sensation in the US, too. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Ah, well, another one bites the dust!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 25, 2013 10:48

Not the biggest Queen fan, I only really like their Day At The Races and Night At The Opera albums. But Brian May is an amazing guitarist, encredible smart in the way he approaches harmony.

Mathijs

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 25, 2013 10:58

Huge Queen fan up to the Works. Queen live killers remains one of the greatest live records ever. With a kind of magic I lost them a little.

Freddy was the man. Incredible.

When I was in Zanzibar some time ago I went to see his home (at least, what was supposed to be his home). Strange. Like going to Nellcote.

C

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 25, 2013 14:09

Mathijs
Not the biggest Queen fan, I only really like their Day At The Races and Night At The Opera albums. But Brian May is an amazing guitarist, encredible smart in the way he approaches harmony.

Mathijs

And as a big Mick T fan I must say Brian May is a better overall guitarist.
Hope I dont get lynched...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 25, 2013 22:42

Not a big Queen fan, but I admit of being captivated by Mercury. What stage presence.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: November 25, 2013 22:54

They have 8-10 good songs, maybe. That's it.

Good front man though

Date: November 25, 2013 23:26

BlackHat
Without Freddie the other three cannot even be described as ordinary.

are you serious? the drummer was pretty good and did most of the high note singing

he also wrote radio gaga

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 26, 2013 03:56

RollingFreak
crholmstrom

This rocks !!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home