Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T - ...and now for something completely different
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 19, 2013 23:22

Monty Python to reunite!

[t.entertainment.ca.msn.com]

John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin will attend the event on Thursday (21Nov13), when they will reportedly confirm plans to work together again for the first time in 30 years.

After the invitation to the press conference was sent out to the media, Jones revealed the cult comedy group will reform for a stage show.

He tells the BBC, "We're getting together and putting on a show - it's real. I'm quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!"

The British comedy troupe last worked together on 1983 film Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, which also starred late member Graham Chapman, who died from cancer in 1989.

Earlier this year (13), Cleese revealed plans for a get together in a new alien comedy movie directed by Jones had fallen through.

He said, "The truth is, I don't think any one of us knows what's going on. Terry rang us about 18 months ago and said, 'If we make this movie and I direct it, will you do a voice for it?' As far as I know, everyone said yes, and that's the last we heard about it."

However, the Fawlty Towers legend insists the friends still get on well, adding: "We only get together occasionally. It's fun when we do. We always say we laugh more when we are together than we really do any other time."

Copyright (c) WENN 2013, All Rights Reserved.

Re: O/T - ...and now for something completely different
Date: November 19, 2013 23:54

thumbs up

Date: November 20, 2013 00:03

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

I just saw John Cleese live, like 2 weeks ago. Had us in hysterics.

This is very good news indeed!

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: November 20, 2013 00:06

I was never a big fan of the nonsense thing. It's not very smart to say, but I admit...I'm more a fan of the Benny Hill kind of humor tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 20, 2013 00:14

Great news! Last night I was watching (again) the DVDs with the pre-Monty Python sketches. The Four Yorkshiremen is one of the best things I have ever saw. It makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 20, 2013 00:16

The article is incorrect when it says that it was 30 years ago that they last worked together. They reunited in 1999 for a DVD reissue and added new skits for that, as well as appearing in an interview with Robert Klein in Aspen, Colorado. They even brought Graham Chapman along--well, sort of....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 20, 2013 00:17

...and now for something completely different ...

hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.....

Date: November 20, 2013 00:20

Torres
I was never a big fan of the nonsense thing. It's not very smart to say, but I admit...I'm more a fan of the Benny Hill kind of humor tongue sticking out smiley

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Benny Hill!

Oh wait...women don't!

Date: November 20, 2013 00:24

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

What's his tour called now, "paying back my wife - part III"?

Just missed his show in Oslo last year, unfortunately. ..

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 20, 2013 00:25

Great. Maybe I can see them?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: November 20, 2013 00:27

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

What's his tour called now, "paying back my wife - part III"?

Just missed his show in Oslo last year, unfortunately. ..

I think it's something along the lines of, "Please Come And See Me Before I Die", or something like that. He does rant on about paying 3 alimonies, but I think he just got married again...a sucker for punishment.

Date: November 20, 2013 00:27

How is Monty Python "nonsense"? Don't people realize how much educational background and scientific knowledge went into such things as The Galaxy Song for instance? They manage to sum up the entire workings of the universe in the space of a 2-minute song. Genius!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 20:24 by stonehearted.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 20, 2013 12:37

Much like the Stones, they're not dead yet!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 20, 2013 12:51

A friend almost poisoned JC by accident at a coffeehouse in Santa Barbara.
JC asked for a soy latte due to a lactose intolerance.
He got a regular one and several sips later he went ballistic….it was a
free show for everyone there.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 13:32

Great news indeed and most unexpected!

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 15:36

treaclefingers
Torres

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Benny Hill!

Oh wait...women don't!

thumbs up The Benny Hill show!

Quite possibly the (correct me if I'm wrong) last great comedy sketch show on UK TV!

Killed off by ITV after someone decided it was sexist, it was, but.......
It was also very funny.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: November 20, 2013 15:47

treaclefingers
Monty Python to reunite!

John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin will attend the event on Thursday (21Nov13), when they will reportedly confirm plans to work together again for the first time in 30 years.

After the invitation to the press conference was sent out to the media, Jones revealed the cult comedy group will reform for a stage show.

He tells the BBC, "We're getting together and putting on a show - it's real. I'm quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!"

The British comedy troupe last worked together on 1983 film Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, which also starred late member Graham Chapman, who died from cancer in 1989.

Earlier this year (13), Cleese revealed plans for a get together in a new alien comedy movie directed by Jones had fallen through.

He said, "The truth is, I don't think any one of us knows what's going on. Terry rang us about 18 months ago and said, 'If we make this movie and I direct it, will you do a voice for it?' As far as I know, everyone said yes, and that's the last we heard about it."

However, the Fawlty Towers legend insists the friends still get on well, adding: "We only get together occasionally. It's fun when we do. We always say we laugh more when we are together than we really do any other time."

Great minds think alike treaclefingers! Out of the blue I was thinking of Monty Python on the way to work. Can't explain why. I must say that Fawlty Towers was probably the funniest show ever. I love the segment with the German tourists and the staff were told that they couldn't mention the war. Totally hilarious!

Date: November 20, 2013 16:27

Bellajane
treaclefingers
Monty Python to reunite!

Great minds think alike treaclefingers! Out of the blue I was thinking of Monty Python on the way to work. Can't explain why. I must say that Fawlty Towers was probably the funniest show ever. I love the segment with the German tourists and the staff were told that they couldn't mention the war. Totally hilarious!

That episode is called 'The Germans'...just love that one. Did you know there were only 12 episodes ever made? I got them on DVD this year and I'm in the process of memorizing every line to every episode!

Date: November 20, 2013 16:54

Do you remember the Monty Python skit (for lack of a better word), I believe it was The Ministry of Silly Walks?? Totally hilarious. Sometimes when I exercise, I like to do that walk...great exercise..but I'm glad no one is watching!!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 20, 2013 17:23

Great news! I'm a huge fan of theirs. Following stereotype, I admit to being a woman who doesn't like Benny hill.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: November 20, 2013 18:20

CindyC
Great news! I'm a huge fan of theirs. Following stereotype, I admit to being a woman who doesn't like Benny hill.

Is it the sexism, the low brow humour, or a bit of both?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 20, 2013 18:50

No I can laugh at both of those things! Honestly I think it's just his face that bugs me.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: November 20, 2013 19:02

John Cleese's eulogy at Graham Chapman's funeral...absolutely priceless:

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 20, 2013 19:15

2014 will be great!

I love Monthy Python!!!

Date: November 20, 2013 20:26

treaclefingers
Bellajane
treaclefingers
Monty Python to reunite!

That episode is called 'The Germans'...just love that one. Did you know there were only 12 episodes ever made? I got them on DVD this year and I'm in the process of memorizing every line to every episode!

Cleese does the silly walk in that one, and the audience went nuts for it.

Date: November 21, 2013 03:07

stonehearted
treaclefingers
Bellajane
treaclefingers
Monty Python to reunite!

There are so many great gags in that episode. It's the same one with the brilliant 'fire alarm test'. Cleese sited that as one of his faves, the fire alarm bit.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 21, 2013 12:12

I absolutely adored them at the time and my adolescent years were characterised by Python humour and Rolling Stones records.

I'm not sure about a reunion, though. For me, the old shows haven't aged well. They were groundbreaking in their time, but, to me, it seems dated now. On the other hand, I still find Fawly Towers very funny.

Benny Hill was never in the same league, relying wholly on smut and innuendo.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 21, 2013 12:17

treaclefingers
Bellajane
treaclefingers
Monty Python to reunite!

I think "The Germans" is quite possibly the funniest half hour of tv I've ever seen. It made me cry! grinning smiley

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 14:56

02 arena - 1st July. Tickets £27.50-£95 according to the Pyhtons. Eric Idle said "we're advertising at £300 cheaper than the Stones".

By the sounds of it its going to be a re hash of their old sketches with some new material.

Tickets on sale 10am Monday 25 November.

Date: November 21, 2013 15:44

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
Bellajane
treaclefingers
Monty Python to reunite!

There are so many great gags in that episode. It's the same one with the brilliant 'fire alarm test'. Cleese sited that as one of his faves, the fire alarm bit.

This is just too damn funny!! Total genius. I loved when when answering his nagging wife, Sybil, he'd say, "Yes, my little piranha fish!"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home