Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bill Wyman's Books
Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: November 22, 2013 17:19

And what about Blues Odessy?

Anyone read it? Worth buying?

Date: November 22, 2013 22:38

Yes, it is. And so is the documentary.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:16

Rolling With The Stones may contain a few inaccuracies, but it is, in my opinion, an absolute corker: totally fascinating, action-packed, chocked full of glorious pictures. Buy it!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 24, 2013 01:46

Speaking of Bill and his book projects, wasn't the sequel to Stone Alone, covering the seventies and eighties up to the time he left, supposed to have been published this year?

Word of this was passed through the media very early this year when Bill was complaining about his limited role in the O2 shows--and that Mick was said to be dreading the prospect of its eventual publication due to its "tell all" nature.

Has anyone heard anything further on this alleged project?

Here is a link to the February 18 story from the Telegraph titled Mick Jagger braces himself for Bill Wyman's memoirs: Bill Wyman is to publish a warts-and-all account of his years with the Rolling Stones

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-24 01:51 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 24, 2013 16:52

stonehearted
Speaking of Bill and his book projects, wasn't the sequel to Stone Alone, covering the seventies and eighties up to the time he left, supposed to have been published this year?

Word of this was passed through the media very early this year when Bill was complaining about his limited role in the O2 shows--and that Mick was said to be dreading the prospect of its eventual publication due to its "tell all" nature.

Has anyone heard anything further on this alleged project?

Here is a link to the February 18 story from the Telegraph titled Mick Jagger braces himself for Bill Wyman's memoirs: Bill Wyman is to publish a warts-and-all account of his years with the Rolling Stones

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Nope that's just typical sensationalist journalism here in the UK. Wyman has been saying for years that he may publish a sequel but he has never said when. He is, however, working on a solo album due out next year smiling smiley

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 05:31

I also don't trust Bill's assertion that "Paint It Black" was a total group effort as Wikipedia currently states. Mark my words: only Mick and Keith themselves would know for sure whether or not the song deserved complete songwriting credit by all those involved.

~Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-27 05:32 by BrianJones1969.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 27, 2013 12:54

I thought Stone Alone was a very boring book, I read the Dutch version, which was even ca 100 pages less than the original English version. I'm not interested in the name's dog of one of his many girlfriends, or reading at the end of every chapter how much money he still have to receive etc..

Rolling with the Stones is a very beautiful book with a lot of pictures and other stuf, but there's not much to read.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home