Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones live statistics
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 13, 2013 15:15

Max'sKansasCity
Isnt the real question here, whose white dog is that?

That was Ronnie's dog, Chanel - also beloved as a subject by Sebastian Kruger:

[www.sfae.com]

[www.sebastiankruger.org]

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: November 13, 2013 17:19

I thought Tops was only played early in the 1981 North American Tour, first show in Philly and again in Buffalo two days later, then pretty much gone.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 13, 2013 17:43

I'm a moderator on setlist.fm and the guest stats are jacked up because there is no way to add multiple guests on a song right now, so you have to take those guest numbers with a major grain of salt.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2013 22:35

mnewman505
I'm a moderator on setlist.fm and the guest stats are jacked up because there is no way to add multiple guests on a song right now, so you have to take those guest numbers with a major grain of salt.

Thanks for your post and I may say it's a great site, but perhaps a few things to consider.

I don't understand/like how you've taken certain songs, and attributed them to certain albums.

ie Gimme Shelter and Midnight Rambler are attributed to Hot Rocks, but not Let It Bleed? Just doesn't make sense.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 13, 2013 23:17

I'm well under the influence of alcohol and other substances, but I'm sure they have played Paint It Black more than once! I've heard it more than once live!

Whoops! just realised, I've been reading it incorrectly...told you I was F*cked!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-13 23:19 by crumbling_mice.

Date: November 13, 2013 23:23

I updated those 2 album associations for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-13 23:34 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 13, 2013 23:47

Beast
Max'sKansasCity
Isnt the real question here, whose white dog is that?

That was Ronnie's dog, Chanel - also beloved as a subject by Sebastian Kruger:

[www.sfae.com]

[www.sebastiankruger.org]

Thank you

Date: November 14, 2013 00:40

mnewman505
I updated those 2 album associations for you.

Wow...thanks!

I feel incredibly powerful...sort of like a superhero righting injustices.

OK that may be a bit of a stretch.

I also noticed that you have You Got The Silver under "Shine A Light"...it should also be located under Let It Bleed.

Dance (Pt. 1) Should be under Emotional Rescue. (instead of 'others')

I see quite a few under covers, that should be on albums, but I guess your database won't allow you to have the covers listed on both. ie, Ain't Too Proud To Beg is on It's Only Rock and Roll, Harlem Shuffle is on Dirty Work.

Great website though...thanks for helping out!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 14, 2013 04:15

camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

Regardless of how short the shows are, that's a lot of days on the road.

But I guess things were different on the Two and Counting Tour

I think they're overlooking the fact that most dates back then had two shows per day.

They played 40 shows in 1962, 296 shows in 1963, 322 in 1964 and 241 in 1965.

By 1966 the lazy bastards had cut back to just 85 gigs. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The band's 1,000th show took place as early as 1967. They didnt reach their 2,000th until 2006.

Date: November 14, 2013 04:24

treaclefingers
You'll also learn that person that's 'guested' the most with them is Mick Taylor, at 69 times, which is ludicrous as the lion's share of those times was when he was actually in the band.

Second most, Sheryl Crow at 14.
Eric Clapton, 8 times
Bob Dylan 5 times...I never knew that!

[www.setlist.fm]

Taylor guested on one show in 1981, four in 2012 and all 22 performed in 2013. 27 in total. By my reckoning, the Taylor-era line up (1969-73) gave only 177 concerts at the most.

Dylan opened for the Stones on five occasions and guested on 'Like A Rolling Stone' with them each time.

Montpellier, France 27.7.95
Buenos Aires, Argentina 4.4.98
Buenos Aires, Argentina 5.4.98
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 11.4.98
Sao Paulo, Brazil 13.4.98

Recordings of both acts sets at those two BA shows have never circulated. The Stones' BA show that WAS broadcast in 1998 comes from the 30th March (the second of five nights there). The 4.4.98 show was professionally recorded for sure though as Saint of Me and Out of Control from that show are on 'No Security'. The Rio show was broadcast live. There's a mediocre audience recording of the Sao Paulo
show, and (from memory) its the only one of the three duets between Bob and the Stones that isnt chaotic.

Bob WAS meant to join the Stones for Like a Rolling Stone at one of their three MSG shows in January 1998 though - he was playing the theatre next door on the same night and they'd arranged for him to get access to the main arena to join them after his show had finished but due to some timing issues it didnt work out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-14 04:33 by Gazza.

Date: November 14, 2013 05:00

Gazza
camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

I think they're overlooking the fact that most dates back then had two shows per day.

By 1966 the lazy bastards had cut back to just 85 gigs. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The band's 1,000th show took place as early as 1967. They didnt reach their 2,000th until 2006.

When each show lasts half an hour, you can probably muster the energy to do a second one in the same day!

Date: November 14, 2013 05:35

treaclefingers
Gazza
camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

When each show lasts half an hour, you can probably muster the energy to do a second one in the same day!

Lots of energy required in trying to dodge stage invaders etc!

The show they played here in Belfast in July 1964 lasted all of eight minutes!

I used to work with a woman who was at THAT gig plus the infamous one in Blackpool a week earlier (she was there on holiday) - both of which were abandoned due to riots. She said she was down front at the Blackpool gig and it got so chaotic that Brian Jones literally ended up in her lap. Not sure if that was just before or after Keith kicked some drunken Scotsman in the face for spitting at them.

In all seriousness, yes, the shows were short - but by the same token, thats an amazing schedule for a band who were also recording regularly, writing songs and making Tv and radio appearances too. And they were travelling to and from gigs in much more modest style than the private jets and limos which came a few years later. They really did work for their success.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-14 05:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 14, 2013 07:51

Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza
camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

I used to work with a woman who was at THAT gig plus the infamous one in Blackpool a week earlier (she was there on holiday) - both of which were abandoned due to riots. She said she was down front at the Blackpool gig and it got so chaotic that Brian Jones literally ended up in her lap. Not sure if that was just before or after Keith kicked some drunken Scotsman in the face for spitting at them.

In all seriousness, yes, the shows were short - but by the same token, thats an amazing schedule for a band who were also recording regularly, writing songs and making Tv and radio appearances too. And they were travelling to and from gigs in much more modest style than the private jets and limos which came a few years later. They really did work for their success.

I read where they did not start making a profit until the release of Exile on Main Street. Is this true? I think EOMS was the first album using the RS label, which may have facilitated their financial gains. Not Sure.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 14, 2013 09:17

Some of these stats are not correct.
Remember that The Stones played more than 1000 concerts
during their first five years alone (1962-67).
Most of Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed and Chuck Berry covers
have been performed only once or twice according to this list.

Date: November 14, 2013 09:23

Chris Fountain
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza
camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

I read where they did not start making a profit until the release of Exile on Main Street. Is this true? I think EOMS was the first album using the RS label, which may have facilitated their financial gains. Not Sure.

Well Sticky Fingers was actually the first album produced by their own production company, and hence tongue logo.

Not sure about financial...they left as tax exiles around then, you may be right in terms of making real money. I'd guess things really got financially interesting after Some Girls.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 14, 2013 10:14

Hey, Treaclefingers. Congrats beforehand on your 15,000th post here. Whether you celebrate it or not...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 14, 2013 16:28

18, 19, and 20 make an interesting sentence together "Bitch, let's spend the night together before they make me run"

Date: November 14, 2013 17:06

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza
camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

Well Sticky Fingers was actually the first album produced by their own production company, and hence tongue logo.

Not sure about financial...they left as tax exiles around then, you may be right in terms of making real money. I'd guess things really got financially interesting after Some Girls.

I dont think Mick and Keith would have been living in Cheyne Walk by around 1968 had they not been making good money! But they certainly werent as wealthy as they should have been thanks mainly to bad financial advice and being ripped off by Klein. Their legal bills with all those drug busts cant have helped either!

UK tax regulations by the end of the 60s (and well into the 70s) were very punitive for high earners. Once you reached a certain threshold, you paid 83% tax on each pound earned and there was even a 'super tax' level of 98%. The Stones, by the time they moved to France in March 1971, were apparently in the latter category.

Mick actually made a good observation about a year or so ago when being asked about making money on recorded music, in that for the only era where musicians really made a lot of money would have been in the last 20 years or so of the last century. Before that, the artist had a lot less power and the industry basically shortchanged them - and in the last decade or so, most artists are making a lot less money than they used to because far less people are buying music due to the advent of illegal downloading, etc.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 14, 2013 17:08

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
Gazza
treaclefingers
Gazza
camper88
195 shows in 1964
222 shows in 1965.

And all the songs were (are) controlled by ABKCO!

Date: November 14, 2013 18:01

I updated the album associations for You Got The Silver and Dance Part 1.

I'd agree there are major issues with the early year tour dates. Another thing I should point out is that the number of shows per year includes many dates with multiple shows on a single day at various points in their career.

It's not perfect, but we continue to work to make the database better.

childofthemoon @ setlist.fm

Date: November 14, 2013 18:46

mnewman505
I updated the album associations for You Got The Silver and Dance Part 1.

I'd agree there are major issues with the early year tour dates. Another thing I should point out is that the number of shows per year includes many dates with multiple shows on a single day at various points in their career.

It's not perfect, but we continue to work to make the database better.

childofthemoon @ setlist.fm

love what you've done...thank you.

Date: November 14, 2013 19:01

Stoneage
Hey, Treaclefingers. Congrats beforehand on your 15,000th post here. Whether you celebrate it or not...

Why thank you Stoneage! Mighty kind of you to notice.

You may notice that I'm replying to you in my 15,000th post!

Thanks to all for making this an enjoyable part of my day, and to BV for his facilitation of the experience!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 14, 2013 22:54

Stoneage

Talking about statistics smileys with beer Cheers mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 14, 2013 23:19

Rolling Hansie
Stoneage

Talking about statistics smileys with beer Cheers mate

Many thanks Senor Hansie...you're even temper and cheerful attitude has calmed many 'rolling' waters!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 15, 2013 02:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 16:22 by camper88.

Date: November 15, 2013 03:56

camper88
treaclefingers

Fair point, unless this is happening:

Time to bring in the Hells Angels

Fair point!

Date: November 17, 2013 08:30

This is a great website....setlist.fm...

Here's a list of major acts that have covered Rolling Stones songs the most in concert.

At number one, KISS. Number 2 Devo. Number 3, Black Crowes

Here's the complete list:

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: August 19, 2014 06:42

Is there another web site besides setlist FM at which one can find tour statistics?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 21, 2014 00:30

they have listed that let it bleed was represented slightly more than voodoo lounge.

this is not correct.

if it was the case, let it bleed would have only 1 song per gig average over the same time frame of when it was released, and voodoo lounge would have on average more than double songs per gig.

its not rocket science to understand that a large majority of stones gigs have had several let it bleed songs played.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: August 21, 2014 05:13

I recall the old site of Love You Live where there were phenomenal tour stats. Other than setlist fm, is there any other site which would have these type of stats?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home