Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I just watched this
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 5, 2013 07:54

Keith Richards - Live In Boston 1993 Full concert man it was really good,Keith was on fire his band rocked.

did anyone go to the show?what bare your thoughts?

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: I just watched this
Posted by: R ()
Date: November 5, 2013 19:29

I attended the taping of the PBS special in Chicago on the day after Christmas in 1992 which was a damned hoot. Also saw the '93 show in Detroit which was great. Nonetheless I think I preferred the '88 tour which I also saw in Detroit. They were on fire every place they played.

Posted by: Merritt ()
Date: November 13, 2013 14:10

I was there and it was incredible.I have the audio and video bootlegs so I know this show like the back of my hand.My wife and I drove from Maine normally 3 hours but a blinding snowstorm made it take 8 hours.In New Hampsire it came on the radio that Keith was staying nearby so the show was on. We made it to Charlestown where a frind lived and it snowed so much Dominos wouldn't deliver.WE walked from Charlestown. It was about 11 hours getting there. I was in the balcony but had 4 friends in the 4th row.The Orpheum wasn't so beat up then and smelt better. I had been to 5 Stones shows at that point- 30 shows now- but you could tell the sound of the stones is the sound of Keith Richards.The band was absolutely on fire, and Keith seemed to sing better than we thought possible. I stayed in the balcony and still say its about the 2nd best show ever, only topped by the fact that I was front row for the Stones Orpheum show on the licks tour 2002.I went to retrieve my friends from the4th row and it looked like they ghad been through a war. Being that close to that show altered their lives. It was loud a e real good loud.It took a while to pry them out of their seats, so iwas in the aisle.I'm about 175 pounds, aND I WASNT LOOKING WHEN THIS LITTLE GUY CAME DOWN THE AISLE AND ran into me, knocking himself to the floor.I helped him up and he ambled to the stage and jumped up on the stage and went backsytage in search of Keith It was Peter Wolf of J. Geils.That was cool, but that show was "something else" Merittbuck

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 13, 2013 18:41

Saw the tour in Chicago. Great show. Very exciting and dangerous. Dangerous because I spied a rather beefy guy passed out in his seat in the second row. Everyone was standing, so I slipped into aisle and stood in front of him. Every five minutes or so he would start grabbing and swatting at me. I would beat his arms away and he would slink back to his comatose state. Knowing if he ever really woke up I would be the one getting beat into a comatose state. Good times. I was at that PBS taping as well, It was a small room and LOUD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home