Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ron Wood - Mick Taylor an unlikely pair???
Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: November 3, 2013 01:55

Rokyfan
Aquamarine
I have no idea what the personal dynamics are between the band members these days, but much as I'm looking forward to hearing the Ronnie and Mick T Show, I don't see them taking over from Keith in the Stones. Without Keith it isn't the Stones, pure and simple, no matter what shape he's in or how little he's playing. It wouldn't be the Stones without Mick. To a slightly (very slightly) lesser extent, it wouldn't be the Stones without Charlie. If any one of them leaves, or is invited to leave, including Charlie, that's when the Stones ends, for me.
this seems so obviously true, nobody could quarrel with it. Without Mick, Keith or Charlie the Rolling Stones would end.
Yes to both the above posts.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 3, 2013 02:15

DandelionPowderman
As far as I know Jeff was sacked by the current manager. But it is a delicate subject, I've heard...

This must have been fairly recent, because this item from Classic Rock still has Jeff Allen listed as his manager as late as 2009 [www.classicrockmagazine.com].

However, in another IORR thread from earlier this year, the same poster who answered my query also mentions that Jeff Allen was out of the picture [www.iorr.org].

Nonetheless, I would still maintain that Ron Wood is keeping Taylor close to the Stones camp as well as in the eye of the music media, to see that he gets the sort of gigs more befitting a musician of his talent and stature rather than having to slog around the world for an endless series of gigs that will barely make ends meet.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 3, 2013 07:01

Fatty and Skinny is a time tested comedy formula.

Date: November 3, 2013 11:38

stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
As far as I know Jeff was sacked by the current manager. But it is a delicate subject, I've heard...

This must have been fairly recent, because this item from Classic Rock still has Jeff Allen listed as his manager as late as 2009 [www.classicrockmagazine.com].

However, in another IORR thread from earlier this year, the same poster who answered my query also mentions that Jeff Allen was out of the picture [www.iorr.org].

Nonetheless, I would still maintain that Ron Wood is keeping Taylor close to the Stones camp as well as in the eye of the music media, to see that he gets the sort of gigs more befitting a musician of his talent and stature rather than having to slog around the world for an endless series of gigs that will barely make ends meet.

I really don't know much about this, but you could always ask her - she's on this board, I think...

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 3, 2013 12:45

Likely pair!

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: November 3, 2013 20:07

Jones, Jagger, Richards, Taylor, Watts. Wyman and Wood. Those are the Stones forever and ever. The Magnificent 7.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 3, 2013 20:36

Delta
Jones, Jagger, Richards, Taylor, Watts. Wyman and Wood. Those are the Stones forever and ever. The Magnificent 7.

Poor Stu.

Date: November 3, 2013 20:56

Stu was there almost twice as long as Taylor and Jones combined...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 3, 2013 20:57

His Majesty
Delta

Poor Stu.

There was no Magnificent '8' Movie. Sorry, once again, Ian Stewart is out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-03 20:58 by Big Al.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 3, 2013 21:37

Stu was great,and a huge part of the band,especially in the early days.
The Rolling Stones will always be remembered as The Magnificent 7 though,as described above. All Rolling Stones at every gig they played at,including the latest tour where Mick T was such a fave with all us fans. winking smiley

Date: November 3, 2013 21:40

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
DandelionPowderman

I really don't know much about this, but you could always ask her - she's on this board, I think...

Is she really? I have no idea who she is. However, I'll refrain from asking, as it's certainly none of my business. I'll just be content with projecting my speculations like any good fan forum poster would be.

Date: November 4, 2013 01:08

DandelionPowderman

Yeah, but he wasn't a Rolling Stone after Oldham dismissed him. He was their roadie, occasional pianist and eternal hanger-on.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 01:09

Oh, Al, you can't call Stu a hanger-on!!

Date: November 4, 2013 01:49

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Yeah, but he wasn't a Rolling Stone after Oldham dismissed him. He was their roadie, occasional pianist and eternal hanger-on.

More like a father figure, that also contributed a lot musically for 21 years, I'd say...

Date: November 4, 2013 01:51

DandelionPowderman

More like a father figure, that also contributed a lot musically for 21 years, I'd say...

Hmm, OK. 'Father figure'? But he was younger than Wyman!

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 4, 2013 01:57

steffiestones Man that photo could have come from some old 70's horror science fiction look at the future type of comic book or something don't you think? Down right scary what time does to us and I mean no disrespect to either one of these one time young healthy looking rock star's. WOW!

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 4, 2013 02:06

Well don't know if your right about that Deluxtone. And noodle poodle? Really? Never been called anything even close to that before but I quess it's ok? You have your opinion's and I have mine. I just don't see the need to through out supposedly disrespectfull names in case I don't agree with someone however. And I doubt seriously your superior knowledge of the band we both obviously love.

Date: November 4, 2013 02:12

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

If he was such a hanger-on, then how come The Stones organized a tribute concert for him, playing for free during a year when they weren't even active as a performing unit? If he was such a hanger-on, how come Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Pete Townshend also took part? If he was such a hanger-on, how come Paul McCartney was in the audience taping the set?

On Sunday, February 23rd, The Rolling Stones gathered at London's 100 Club to memorialize their late road manager, occasional keyboardist and full-time friend, Ian Stewart, in the way he would have liked best: hammering out the blues in a sweaty club. Playing in front of several hundred invited guests, including Stewart's family, friends and neighbors, the Stones returned to their roots and ripped through more than an hour's worth of gritty R&B classics....

Read the truth at: [www.rollingstone.com]

Date: November 4, 2013 09:41

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Hmm, OK. 'Father figure'? But he was younger than Wyman!

Like Keith said after he passed: "Who's gonna tell us when we misbehave now?"

That says something, I guess smiling smiley

Date: November 4, 2013 16:22

stonehearted

If he was such a hanger-on, then how come The Stones organized a tribute concert for him, playing for free during a year when they weren't even active as a performing unit? If he was such a hanger-on, how come Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Pete Townshend also took part? If he was such a hanger-on, how come Paul McCartney was in the audience taping the set?

Oh, my heart bleeds for the offensive caused. Look, I’m partly on a wind-up. Some here are so defensive, it’s almost cringeworthy. For what it's worth, no, I actually do not believe Stewart falls into the category of 'hanger-on'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-04 16:50 by Big Al.

Date: November 4, 2013 16:51

The others were hanging on when Stu drove. grinning smiley

Date: November 4, 2013 16:52

While Charlie had to carry his kit on the train... winking smiley

Date: November 4, 2013 20:56

Big Al
stonehearted

Oh, my heart bleeds for the offensive caused. Look, I’m partly on a wind-up. Some here are so defensive, it’s almost cringeworthy. For what it's worth, no, I actually do not believe Stewart falls into the category of 'hanger-on'

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: November 6, 2013 16:49

steffiestones
Likely pair!

Lookin' good. Love the treads, especially the blue ankle boots. If we can put music aside for a moment, can't help but wonder what the personal dynamic of the band would have been if Ronnie was in the Stones during the Taylor Years. Let's say the three-guitar attack or arrangement worked out well. Ronnie always was a friend to Taylor; therefore, I wonder if he was in the band, could he have provided the camaraderie and support that Taylor needed and enjoyed during his tenure with the Bluesbreakers? Maybe Taylor would have stayed a bit longer. It's just a thought, but despite his muscianship, I always thought he was kind of lost in the shuffle. Definitely, not in the inner circle which was probably a good thing.

Date: November 6, 2013 16:53

I wonder if Ronnie would have managed to stay so long had he joined in 1969 instead of Taylor. grinning smiley

Date: November 6, 2013 16:55

His Majesty
I wonder if Ronnie would have managed to stay so long had he joined in 1969 instead of Taylor. grinning smiley

He would have, unless a bigger band had snatched him winking smiley

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: November 6, 2013 17:49

steffiestones
Likely pair!

Say what you want: I think just the fact that MT can get up from these deep knee bends without assistance is worthy of a fair amount of respect and admiration - and when you add in that guitar stuff ...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 6, 2013 20:31

They don't feel the rivalry the way we do.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home