Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

This band still matters!
Posted by: Gunnar ()
Date: May 3, 2005 19:05

It is a really good feeling to have both a new record and a tour by the Rolling Stones to look forward to. It´s unbelievable and I am very thankful to be able to experience it again. Charlie´s illness of last year and Ronnie´s reported drinking problems have not stopped the band from creating. Bless them all!

Personally, I have the greatest expectations for the new album. I really long for some new Jagger/Richards compositions performed by this unique band. I also think that it is a relatively short period of time between the last tour and this new record (or am I wrong?). In the meantime they have all, more or less, been into other creative projects.

The Stones live-performances have overwhelmed me so many times, with their energetic mix of war-horses and lost treasures (i.e.2000 Light Years From Home, Ruby Tuesday, That´s how strong my love is, CYHMK). Remember, even Midnight Rambler was out of the set lists for years. The last time I saw them, at the Stockholm Circus in 2003, they just blew me away. Everything they do hereafter will be a bonus.

Sometimes it is weird and frustrating to see some of the negative and even destructive criticism at this board. Some of it is written by guys who really love the band and who know a lot of the Stones´ history and music. In a lot of their earlier writings I have learned a lot about the Stones and their music, and I am thankful for that. I take their latest writings just underlines the fact that this band still matters.

Re: This band still matters!
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 3, 2005 19:37

When The Stones go, a HUGE chapter in the story of rock 'n' roll will be closed forever. Some people just don't give a #$@$.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: May 3, 2005 19:58

"....at the Stockholm Circus in 2003, they just blew me away. Everything they do hereafter will be a bonus."

Exactly what I feel !!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 3, 2005 20:09

Yeah, everything from here on in is a bonus. Keith has lived on borrowed time for years. I'm looking forward to the tour and CD. Still enjoy all the great music through the years.

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: May 3, 2005 20:15

My thoughts as well. Lets appreciate the band and forget all this negative bullshit. Yes there are things we would like to see change but for the most part the band has given their fans a lot over the years (i don't think they need the money) so lets appreciate that and not what they haven't done. The end is near (all things must pass) so lets hope and pray the boys stay healthy enough to accomplish this one more time (at least on a large scale).

By the way, you guys spend FAR too much time with the Mick Taylor thing. It's been almost thirty freekin years, get over it. Of course it was a great era for the band but so was the Brian Jones era and yes even the Woody era. I think Ron Wood makes a fine Rolling Stone!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: May 3, 2005 20:38

Thank you for this thread.
I got a friend who was a hard core fan until 1998, we were together at the MSG and then something broke.
In 1999, he just followed me to Stuttgart then no america shows, just Paris without Olympia in 2003.
Now his new passion is "autographs by celebrities" including the Stones but mostly movie stars.
I guess it's time for Mathijs and some others to turn their mind to others things : gardening, stamps, whatever and let the current fans enjoy the future to come.

Date: May 3, 2005 23:54

So does microwave popcorn, but I ain't getting out of my armchair to celebrate it.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home