Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: For Doubters & Sleazeballs - Rolling Stones' Greatest Hits - VEGAS ERA (1989-2013)
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 23, 2013 16:35

Shouldn't the album title be something different? 6s 7s And 9s - The Rolling Stones Las Vegas Years possibly?

Re: For Doubters & Sleazeballs - Rolling Stones' Greatest Hits - VEGAS ERA (1989-2013)
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 23, 2013 20:57

Here's my stab at a 'Best-Of'

It seems to be a vinyl release, so here goes... :-

Side 1

1. Sad, Sad, Sad
2. Mixed Emotions
3. Almost Hear You Sigh
4. Slipping Away
5. Highwire

Side 2

1. Love Is Strong
2. The Worst
3. Blinded By Rainbows
4. Like A Rolling Stone ['Stripped']
5. Gimme Shelter ['Stripped Companion'] - was this a B-side?

Side 3

1. Flip The Switch
2. Saint Of Me
3. Out Of Control ['No Security']
4. Too Tight
5. How Can I Stop?

Side 4

1. Rough Justice
2. Biggest Mistake
3. Rain Fall Down
4. Streets Of Love
5. Doom And Gloom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-23 21:00 by Big Al.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 24, 2013 10:46

ab
Save the vinyl: a best of the Vegas era could be reduced to a 7" single of Out of Control b/w Back of My Hand.

Cruel...are you sure you like this band?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 24, 2013 18:35

On a related subject, being frustrated with no new album I put together a compilation of all of the "stray" tracks that have come out this century on hits compilations and various other oddities just so I would have them all in one place should I ever want to listen to them. I really hadn't listened to most of these tracks more than a couple of times.

Surprisingly, these songs seemed to fair much better in this context and I ended up giving it quite a few more spins than I expected!

Stray Cats & Lost Souls in the New Millenium 2002-2012
The Rolling Stones

1 Doom & Gloom, Grrr 2012
2 Don't Stop, 40 Licks 2002
3 Watching The River Flow, Boogie For Stu 2012
4 Stealing My Heart, 40 Licks 2002
5 Losing My Touch, 40 Licks 2002
6 Under The Radar, Bigger Bang Bunus DVD 2005
7 One More Shot, Grrr 2012
8 Worried Life Blues, Boogie For Stu 2012
9 Keys To Your Love, 40 Licks 2002
10 We Don't Wanna Go Home, Bigger Bang Bonus DVD 2005
11 Hurricane, Charity Single 2005

43:30

Ross

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 25, 2013 00:10

Ross, that's a nice one. Trying to imagine how it goes in my mind, and it sounds good...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-25 00:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2013 01:09

Doxa
Ross, that's a nice one. Trying to imagine how it goes in my mind, and it sounds good...

- Doxa

sequencing is a fine art,

in the old days you'd LISTEN to the whole song as it was recording to your cassette tape, and then pick a song to follow that was base on the vibe you were left with at the end of the song.

It would take me about 3 hours, with the wind at my back to record one 90 minute tape. I made dozens and dozens, maybe 150, mixed tapes.

They were made with love man.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 25, 2013 01:43

treaclefingers
Doxa

- Doxa

in the old days you'd LISTEN to the whole song as it was recording to your cassette tape, and then pick a song to follow that was base on the vibe you were left with at the end of the song.

It would take me about 3 hours, with the wind at my back to record one 90 minute tape. I made dozens and dozens, maybe 150, mixed tapes.

End don't forget the sound of click clacking the buttons of your tape deck ....STOP, PAUSE, RECORD and RELEASE (sometimes your cassette jumped out of your deck) fading in and out was quiet though grinning smiley

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 25, 2013 01:43

1 Doom & Gloom,
2 Fancy Man Blues
3 Watching The River Flow,
4 How Could I Stop,
5 Losing My Touch,
6 Under The Radar,
7 Rough Justice
8 The Storm
9 The Worst
10 Oh, No Not You Again
11 Flip The Switch
12. Out OF Control
13. Little Baby
14. Thru And Thru
15. Love Is Strong
16. Sad Sad Sad
17. Saint OF ME
18. Slipping Away
19. Honest Man
20. It Wont Take Long

God, I love this one:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-25 01:47 by seitan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2013 05:18

NICOS
treaclefingers
Doxa

- Doxa

End don't forget the sound of click clacking the buttons of your tape deck ....STOP, PAUSE, RECORD and RELEASE (sometimes your cassette jumped out of your deck) fading in and out was quiet though grinning smiley

OH YES, a good 'make out' tape required excellent fades!

And you'd better time it so that you could flip the tape before anything serious was underway!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 26, 2013 03:47

I TOTALLY forgot Watching the River Flow!!!! I take it ALL back! Sure!

Well, it is really cool to see so many get into putting out songlists for the record.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 26, 2013 06:24

How about a worst songs compilation from the Vegas era? That should make for a stimulating scholarly debate.

Perhaps the compilation could open with Back to Zero? Perhaps it could close with Streets of Love?

Call it, "Aaaaghh."

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 26, 2013 06:33

exhpart
ab
Save the vinyl: a best of the Vegas era could be reduced to a 7" single of Out of Control b/w Back of My Hand.

Cruel...are you sure you like this band?

Cruel, but fair. I've been a fan since 1964 and have seen them 24 times. But I don't have much use for their newly recorded output over the last 30 years other than Keef's first solo album. I hold out hope, only to have it dashed every time. Their first decade, along with Some Girls and Tattoo You, hold up quite well, however.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-26 06:37 by ab.

Date: October 26, 2013 17:47

With the Rarities Extras tracks...

Side 1
Doom And Gloom
Plundered My Soul
Rough Justice
One More Shot
Flip The Switch
Do You Think I Really Care

Side 2
I'm Not Signifying
Love Is Strong
Don't Stop (edit)
You Got Me Rocking
Out Of Control (edit)
I Go Wild

Side 3
No Spare Parts
Mixed Emotions (edit)
Saint Of Me (edit)
Almost Hear You Sigh (edit)
Out Of Tears (edit)

Side 4
Anybody Seen My Baby (edit)
Laugh, I Almost Died
You Don't Have To Mean It
Thief In The Night
How Can I Stop

Date: October 26, 2013 21:58

It really needs to have Undercover Of The Night on it.

And Harlem Shuffle. And Everything Is Turning To Gold. Oh and Miss You, the UK edit.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 29, 2013 03:25

GasLightStreet
It really needs to have Undercover Of The Night on it.

And Harlem Shuffle. And Everything Is Turning To Gold. Oh and Miss You, the UK edit.

All of those pre-date the Vegas era.

I think that Everything's Turning to Gold is one of their best trax from the Some Girls-era.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home